A Few Thoughts About the Seahawks Game, in no particular order

Virgil

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

No, you really don’t. You’re horrible at this compared to Bill and Shaw. 

You really need to step off Mr. Gnome. Last I checked Virgil isn't holding a gun to your head and demanding you read his opinions. He isn't perfect but he gives us a great overall summary of the game each and every week and that should be appreciated and not thrown to the wolves.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

You really need to step off Mr. Gnome. Last I checked Virgil isn't holding a gun to your head and demanding you read his opinions. He isn't perfect but he gives us a great overall summary of the game each and every week and that should be appreciated and not thrown to the wolves.

That’s your opinion. I shant step off. Virg puts this out there every week and it’s not an automatic love fest just because he puts more than 2 paragraphs together. 

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not really. He is a run defender. Bills wanted to get after Wilson not make sure they could defend the run better. 

and how well has our run defense played with him in the game? This isn't the first game he's been benched. He has limited skill, that's why he doesn't play much. He's been terrible against the run.

This was the first game plan I've ever seen from McDermott where he conceded a shootout. I think he learned from the mistakes of the Chiefs game. When you go against an offensive juggernaut you can't play soft zone and let them bleed time. One way or another the Seahawks are going to put points on the scoreboard. That means your offense needs to play with a touchdown or bust mindset on every drive and your defense needs to be aggressive. I've never seen McDermott call so many all out blitzes. Basically just letting every play be a big pass gain or a sack/turnover. The Klein strip sack was just a perfect defensive play call, Klein didn't have to be exceptional on that play. I can't tell if this is a whole change in our philosophy or if it was just a thing we did for the Seahawks specifically. Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not saying this in any way as a knock on Allen.

I thought the Bills receivers were more wide open all game than Seattle's WR were, meaning it took more perfect throws from Wilson to get the completions.  Not too many QB's in the league can make that many perfect throws repeatedly throughout a game.  Without all those perfect throws, it may have been a blow out.  The Bills WR seemed to always be open as was the case on the first four weeks of the season too.   Maybe much of that is a credit to Daboll.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I thought the Bills receivers were more wide open all game than Seattle's WR were, meaning it took more perfect throws from Wilson to get the completions.  Not too many QB's in the league can make that many perfect throws repeatedly throughout a game.  Without all those perfect throws, it may have been a blow out.  The Bills WR seemed to always be open as was the case on the first four weeks of the season too.   Maybe much of that is a credit to Daboll.

A lot of credit should go to our Oline, played very well pass blocking with the defense knowing we passed on almost every down til the 4th. Get Feliciano, Morse and Ford all playing healthy and we'll have an excellent line. Feliciano adds so much to the line.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and how well has our run defense played with him in the game? This isn't the first game he's been benched. He has limited skill, that's why he doesn't play much. He's been terrible against the run.

Didn't he grade out well against the Pats vs the run last week?  I'm too tired to check.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agreed 100%.  I'm curious how much of that was Daboll and gameplan and how much was crap Seattle D?

Klein was the surprise of the day ha ha. I could just picture some you guys badmouthing him and Edmunds anytime you can and then seeing them both perform like that 😝

Oh, I have been very disappointed with them, and voiced it in a few posts myself, but some of you pile it on and on.

Bass felt "safe" on the shorter kicks. I didn't have that "every kick of his is an adventure" feelings ha ha. And I'm glad they tried the 61 yards just for... kicks. He has one strong leg! Just not precise like we'd like but he's getting there, which is reassuring.

Best coached game of the year! From gameplan to execution. Just the missed challenge opportunity. Pay me and I'll watch the game and communicate when needed ;)

My one complaint is that Daboll did not adjust well in the 3rd quarter when they changed their D. I could see the way they were lining up we needed to run some quick hitters and it took him too long to realize. The reason it bugs me so much is that I think Josh was getting sacked and no recievers had even turned around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To each their own.  One less Christmas card to write.  Interesting where the negativity and need to attack comes from.  Maybe call the old man, get some hugs?  Good luck to you.

My old man is dead and I don't come at you every week - the fact that you’re consistent and think you’re above criticism is funny. Honestly you’re a casual fan at best and barely know what you’re looking at. 🍻 

• Sad 5

41 minutes ago, klos63 said:

His play probably has more to do with coming off an ACL injury but if that is the narrative you want to go with so be it...

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

My old man is dead and I don't come at you every week - the fact that you’re consistent and think you’re above criticism is funny. Honestly you’re a casual fan at best and barely know what you’re looking at. 🍻 

Criticism and disagreeing is different from being derogatory or insulting.  I’m one of the first to say when I don’t know something or concede a point.  

Clearly, you have a lot of animosity or this is just how you are as a person.  Either way, feel free to ignore my posts or write your own recaps since mine are trash.  It should be easy for you. 

Either way, I’ll just ignore you as a user and never think about you again. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Good write up. In regards to number 2, it seems like Klein is much more comfortable attacking the line of scrimmage than dropping back into coverage. 

I think you nailed it.  Klein is not comfortable doing the stuff Milano did.  Given a game plan more within his skill set he did OK with some flashes of "YEAH!"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fixxxer said:

Josh was in the zone in the first half, if I'm not mistaken, he had already hit 6 different receivers in the 1st QTR alone. 

Glad Klein had the game he had, probably someone forwarded him the trade him for a pretzel thread we had here last week.

Taron Johnson thought Wilson was stopped and lost David Moore for a TD. The Seahawks and Wilson are relentless, you can't sleep on them. 

Yappin' Adams is a great blitzer and very good against the run, but he's clueless in coverage. He kept one drive alive for us when he tripped Beasley and was badly turned by Stefon Diggs. He reminds me of Roy Williams, former Dallas safety, good hitter but very overrated. 

Did Josh audibled on that Brown quick screen pass? A shame Smoke didn't score on that play. 

Yeah that penalty on Adams interfering with Bease was the most important flag of the game.   Momentum was swinging and we had 3rd and long, one score game.

Overall the Oline did a really good job today considering how many in and outs they had with injuries.

Both our running backs are doing well in pass protection too.   They oughta give Knox a lesson or two.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Da webster guy said:

Yeah that penalty on Adams interfering with Bease was the most important flag of the game.   Momentum was swinging and we had 3rd and long, one score game.

Overall the Oline did a really good job today considering how many in and outs they had with injuries.

Both our running backs are doing well in pass protection too.   They oughta give Knox a lesson or two.

Agreed.  But I also think the refs owed us one 

The defense tackled better than they have all season.  We didn't have any missed tackles that ended up going for big yardage.  Lockett and Metcalf live off of YAC.  The defense held the line on that today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Anyone that “didn’t see a possible win today” hasn’t been paying much attention sorry @Virgil the defense for the hawks is historically bad. If you as a ***expert*** didn’t highlight this game six weeks ago as a steal you’re obviously not paying attention. Where’s bill?

FWIW Virgil has good company.  The company of a lot of "anyones" who earn money covering football for various media.  Chris Simms and his sidekick both picked Seattle.  Chris would say he knows football.  Kurt Warner was polite, but had kind of a sarcastic laugh picking against us.  You could tell he doesn't think much of us or of Josh.  HOF says Warner knows football.  I respect both those guys, so I disagreed but they had me questioning myself.

The Buffalo Bills twitter posted this "expert picks" 100% for Seattle:

One reason I believe these folks had that view is because of our offensive fall-off after the first 4 weeks.  Having been unable to score a TD against the Jets and having chosen a very run heavy game plan against NE led to the believe that we wouldn't be able to take enough advantage of that historically bad defense to keep pace with the SeaSnakes offense,  which has been racking up points on almost everyone.

And C'mon Man - six weeks ago the season had just started, and anyone who pronounces a team "historically anything" after 2 games is just silly.

I don't think Virgil pretends to be an expert.  He's just a guy, like a lot of us around here.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3