Top 3 Favorite Snack Chips

NoHuddleKelly12

I mean, there are so many to choose from--how lucky are we?? I'm saying top 3 because how could you pick just 1 kind?

For my money, the top 3 would be:

Ruffles All Dressed

Ruffles-All-Dressed.jpg 

Doritos Sweet/Spicy Chili

doritos-spicy-sweet-chili-002101205.jpg

Are these considered potato chips? Well, let's just say they are for purposes of the OP!

Cheetos+crunchy.gif

However, there are so many more...what are yours?

[Edit: By popular demand, the title has been amended to reflect a more inclusive foodie experience outside of the potato itself]

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

28 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You only have one potato chip on your list..........misleading thread title. Top Three SNACK Foods would be more apt.

Doritos is #1, especially Cool Ranch.

Pringles Sour Cream and Onion.

Sunchips in the Chili flavor (red bag).

Hmmm...I'll take it under advisement! I cannot find fault with your cool ranch pick--but what are your thoughts on the classic nacho cheese flavor?

24 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Cheetos are not potato chips. Doritos are not potato chips, they are just corn chips. 

Top 3 Potato Chips:

1. Lays Salt n Vinegar

3. Lays Sour Cream & Onion 

3. Lays Cheddar & Sour Cream 

Top 3 Chips: 

1. Cool Ranch Doritos

2. Original Frito's 

3. Sun Chips Original 

Yessir, anything cheddar & sour cream is on point. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I cannot find fault with your cool ranch pick--but what are your thoughts on the classic nacho cheese flavor?

I mean, original Doritos can go in my mouth for sure.....

Perhaps I like the blue bag, you just KNOW what's in there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Cheetos remain problematic due to messy fingers. You have to really invest in the process to enjoy them.  

Given the ages of my kids, luckily for me we usually have wipes handy anywhere we go which are great for an in between quick clean—but yes it’s a point well taken. Nacho Doritos have similar problem 

Not a big fan of potato chips anymore, but back in the day, Ruffles (original or sour cream & onion) were my favorites.

These days I'm inclined towards corn tortilla chips like you get in an authentic Mexican restaurant. On game days I'll spread some on a plate, grate some cheese, microwave it for 20 seconds, add some combo of olives, jalapenos, salsa, guacamole (if avocados are in season), and Frank's Red Hot (original). Goes great with a Bloody Mary!

Or I'll eat 'em right out of the bag. Or crumbled in soup or chili. When the bag is down to just crumbs, I'll sprinkle them onto a PB&J.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Not a big fan of potato chips anymore, but back in the day, Ruffles (original or sour cream & onion) were my favorites.

These days I'm inclined towards corn tortilla chips like you get in an authentic Mexican restaurant. On game days I'll spread some on a plate, grate some cheese, microwave it for 20 seconds, add some combo of olives, jalapenos, salsa, guacamole (if avocados are in season), and Frank's Red Hot (original). Goes great with a Bloody Mary!

Or I'll eat 'em right out of the bag. Or crumbled in soup or chili. When the bag is down to just crumbs, I'll sprinkle them onto a PB&J.

Underrated for sure--like the toppings you're describing as well--those kind of chips pretty much go with anything well.  

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

1. Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream

2. Doritos Nacho Cheese

3. Wavy Lay's Ranch

And for chips that no longer exist.....

Ruffles Ranch

Ruffles Bacon & Sour Cream

Ruffles Flavor Rush BBQ & Cheddar

O'Gradys Au Grautin

:(

@Mark Vader might I suggest some flavors from the TGI Friday's lineup? They don't get enough pub IMHO, but you may be able to locate some flavor profiles that are in the neighborhood of what you're missing with the chips that don't exist, and they're quite good too!  

2834_1.jpg

tgi-fridays-bacon-ranch-potato-skins-e14

11 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Underrated for sure--like the toppings you're describing as well--those kind of chips pretty much go with anything well.  

@Mark Vader might I suggest some flavors from the TGI Friday's lineup? They don't get enough pub IMHO, but you may be able to locate some flavor profiles that are in the neighborhood of what you're missing with the chips that don't exist, and they're quite good too!  

2834_1.jpg

tgi-fridays-bacon-ranch-potato-skins-e14

Thanks, I actually have tried those and they are okay, but not the same as what Ruffles made.

The Flavor Rush BBQ & Cheddar was great!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.