Call your shot: Who do you want to trade for, and what price?

whatdrought

25 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I solid 1 Tech would be the need at this point.   They are rare.   The good ones.   You will pay dearly for them, and then Star comes back next year.   interesting problem for Beane to solve.  I think he will.  

Tomlinson solves a lot. He is a low cap hit, shouldn't cost more than a 4th and is on the last year of his deal and the Giants have no reason to not trade him and sign him back. 

Overall the fir is there for both sides

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

A good 1-tech would filter through the entire D.  If you can't get him, then someone needs to go knocking on D Poe's door...

Poe isn't a true one tech and hasn't played well this season. I think this team desperately needs a trade they got gashed on the ground against the Pats and in the first half against the Jets these aren't world beating teams. Overall if the front office can't trade for a true one tech or get one off the street they will have failed this team gravely. 

A true one tech wouldn't solve all the defensive issues but it would help solve the biggest one. 

• Like (+1) 1

3rd round pick for Phillip Lindsay.

Bills will have to work out an appropriate contract before next year. 

This is consistent with how the Bills value RBs in the draft, but Lindsay is a known commodity with break-away speed. 

There's a good chance the Broncos would do this in order to gain an asset towards building around their young QB, and Lindsay isn't their starter but can carry the load when called upon. 

He'd be a great role player in the Bills offense this year.

Call me crazy.

The biggest thing with this is, how much money do we actually have to work with? We all want help here but we are probably going to have to move a veteran contract, to free up money for a good trade. And what are the odds that a team we trade with is going to want a veteran player back? Probably needs we need to pull of 2 deals here. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I'd love Delvin Tomlinson for a 5th. 

That would be awesome.  I’d like him or Settle for a 5th.  

Then add in 2 LBs on their cheap rookie contracts for our 6th and 7th rd picks. 

or maybe even trade Aj Klein and our 1st round pick for any other LB in the league not named Aj Klein.  I’m ill that he’s going to be in a Bills uniform at least one more season.   Sarcasm regarding giving up our first, but it almost seems worth it

2 hours ago, Process said:

Won't happen but if we could somehow pull of two trade where we get rid of Edmunds and bring in a new MLB I'd be ecstatic 

Agreed on this. If we could find a team to take him while he still has “upside” it would be a dream.

He’s embarrassing out there.

To me the issue with trades is that we don’t have a 4th which was part of the trade for Diggs. Obviously great trade, but there seems to be a lot of guys on the market who could be had for a 4th, but maybe not a fifth. I’m not willing to part with any of our first three picks unless we are talking elite guys. 

Ideally we try to find a way to pry Trey Hendrickson loose from the Saints. Not sure they part with him, but they won’t be able to re-sign him and he is just starting to make his mark. 

Most realistic target right now is Kyler Fackrell, one a 1 year deal, provides pass rush and can play off the ball as a linebacker. 

The Giants make sense as a partner as they have no fifths. 

Do two fifths and a seventh get me Fackrell and Dalvin Tomlinson? I doubt it, but there is a Carolina connection. What is Tomlinson worth? What would Engram cost? 

Kyler Rudolph makes sense too, but Vikings have something like two 4th, three 5ths, two sixths...something like that so not sure they would love more 5ths. 

I see, a 5th for Fackrell, and a 7th for Jacob Hollister. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Bills don't play a MLB.  sigh.  

Milano is obviously being worked back in on passing downs when he doesn't need to take on 330lb guards.  He'll be back playing every down soon enough.  

You know what he means. Spare us the condescending “sigh” like you’re some gridiron savant. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The answer is 1-technique guy would help the most. I'm wishing for 2-3 trades because maybe 1-2 will workout. we're in our window right now git r done Beane

There is unlikely to be 2 trades. The Bills would be lucky to get 1 trade let alone 2-3. The NFL trade deadline is not where you solve wholesale roster needs but rather add that piece you need. The Bills could solve some defensive issues by trading for a true one tech. That's the trade the team needs to make.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I'd love Delvin Tomlinson for a 5th. 

Christian McCaffrey & Luke Kuechly(Unretired)- 2021 1st, 2022 conditional 1st, 2022 2nd, 2021 3rd, 2022 4th

TJ Watt- 2021 1st, 2022 conditional 1st, 2021 3rd 2022 4th

Joey Bosa- 2021 1st, 2022 2nd, 2021 3rd 2022 4th

Cooper Kupp-John Brown and 2nd

Leighton Vander Esch- 2nd, 4th, 2022 conditional 2nd and 4th

Harrison Smith- 3rd

Kyle Rudolph- 4th

Obviously can only do 1 big trade so I put it in order of importance

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

3rd round pick for Phillip Lindsay.

Bills will have to work out an appropriate contract before next year. 

This is consistent with how the Bills value RBs in the draft, but Lindsay is a known commodity with break-away speed. 

There's a good chance the Broncos would do this in order to gain an asset towards building around their young QB, and Lindsay isn't their starter but can carry the load when called upon. 

He'd be a great role player in the Bills offense this year.

Call me crazy.

Okay.  You're crazy.  Happy?

Seriously...if we trade, it needs to be defensive help.

10 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Okay.  You're crazy.  Happy?

Seriously...if we trade, it needs to be defensive help.

Thank you. Not sure why it took so long...

Seriously, I don't know who's out there that will really help this defense. They're not playing well as a unit, despite having pretty much the same level of talent as the past two years.

I wouldn't have a problem with them doubling down on offense, especially when considering the league-wide trend of weak defenses this year. A lot of Bills fans are calling for an x-factor type player on offense; a better version of McKenzie. Lindsay is that type of guy.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Thank you. Not sure why it took so long...

Seriously, I don't know who's out there that will really help this defense. They're not playing well as a unit, despite having pretty much the same level of talent as the past two years.

I wouldn't have a problem with them doubling down on offense, especially when considering the league-wide trend of weak defenses this year. A lot of Bills fans are calling for an x-factor type player on offense; a better version of McKenzie. Lindsay is that type of guy.

I agree with many in this thread that a 1 technique DT would do a lot to tie up blockers.  That's the piece we miss without Star.  Offensively you have to think of who you would sit to get that player on the field.  Singletary and Moss both played well today.  That should open up things in the passing game when Allen isn't battling 40 mph winds.