You punish the Titans

The penalty should be harsh since, unlike the Raiders going to a charity event, the Titans were cheating the rules in order to obtain a competitive football advantage over other teams that were following the rules.

Vrabel applying his ingrained Pats approach to the rules.

So:

1)  Vrabel suspended 4 games without pay (= 4/17 of his 2020 salary).

2)  Team Fined 3x the Bills' extra costs incurred this week and also for Chiefs week next week.

3)  Team docked its 2021 1st round draft pick since they cheated on purpose, to gain advantage

4)  Team fined $2M for each unauthorized practice they disclose.  $10M for every one they don't disclose but NFL finds out about later

5)  Season-long Probation:  Another violation of the Covid rules = Forfeit that week's game, Vrabel suspended for season w/out pay, and Forfeit whatever % of that week's TV revenue the team would have received.

Edited by maddenboy

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

The penalty should be harsh since, unlike the Raiders going to a charity event, the Titans were cheating the rules in order to obtain a competitive football advantage over other teams that were following the rules.

Vrabel applying his ingrained Pats approach to the rules.

So:

1)  Vrabel suspended 4 games without pay (= 4/17 of his 2020 salary).

2)  Team Fined 3x the Bills' extra costs incurred this week and also for Chiefs week next week.

3)  Team docked its 2021 1st round draft pick since they cheated on purpose, to gain advantage

4)  Team fined $2M for each unauthorized practice they disclose.  $10M for every one they don't disclose but NFL finds out about later

5)  Season-long Probation:  Another violation of the Covid rules = Forfeit that week's game, Vrabel suspended for season w/out pay, and Forfeit whatever % of that week's TV revenue the team would have received.

It'll never happen, but I like the way you think!

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, make them hire Bill O'Brien as GM.

Oooooh.  Too harsh.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Punish them with yet another Titans thread?

Come on. Stop it. If it doesn't interest you,² scroll on by. Throw away comments like this are cheap.  You're better than that.

22 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Crazy Titans can field a squad. 

I mean not really they can cover the guys quarantined with their PS and pickups but I am very curious to see the punishment for this. If player suspensions are involved they are in a world of trouble.

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Crazy Titans can field a squad. 

We'll with the game not till Tuesday now they will be getting a few players back from injuries, maybe even a few from Covid if they test negative.

Honestly they shouldn't allow any player that wasn't going to play today to play on Tues. I don't care if they tested negative, hold them out for a week. Freaking Titans are making out like bandits in this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, 4merper4mer said:

It's for some fun and joking around about punishments and/or actual punishments.  I realize Pats fans are sensitive about punishments even made in a joking manner because of your team's history, but you can always stay out of the thread.

Freakin AWESOME 👏 !!!!!!

On 10/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Since the NFL is likely to do nothing at least we should be able to have some fun.  I thought this would merit its own thread as it is a little off topic from the testing/schedule stuff.  You are now in charge of the NFL's punishment of the Titans.  What do you do?

Mine:

The Titans are hereby ordered to hire Bill O'Brien as GM, Head Coach, Director of player personnel and administrator of salary cap for a period of not less than 5 years.  The league reserves the right to remove any coordinators or coaches from his staff should they have any success.  O'Brien will be allowed to hire Doug Marrone as his OC if he desires and Jacksonville will receive no compensation other than being rid of Marrone.

The best punishment would be Titans defense having  nightmares and needing therapy from what Allen is about to do to them on Tuesday !!! 
GO BILLS !!!! 

Edited by Putin

3 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

What about compensation for fans who traveled for the moved/cancelled/postponed game?

I think that is reaalllllyyy far down on most everyone’s list of priorities right now.

Plus, with only 8000 fans, this couldn’t have applied to many.

Just now, RiotAct said:

I think that is reaalllllyyy far down on most everyone’s list of priorities right now.

Plus, with only 8000 fans, this couldn’t have applied to many.

I know it is. Just feel bad for the  guy who makes 40k and dropped 2k on tickets and travel arrangements. The rest is millionaires and billionaires. 

Travel insurance a must in 2020.