Exhaustive timeline with videos of Stefon Diggs the anti-diva

this person did a really nice job cobbling together videos that show pretty conclusively what a great team guy we got in spite of the criticisms of him from Vikings fans.

It had comments from former Vikings teammates and comments from Bills starting with pre-training camp through the regular season. It really shows that you must be careful with narratives that are painted of people.

It is long and includes lots of related videos .. so if you have time enjoy ....

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/10/8/21503008/stefon-diggs-all-heart-little-ego-buffalo-bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Doc said:

With any new player, there's a honeymoon period.  However with Josh's ascendance, I think he's going to like his time in Buffalo.

Josh Allen: "Don't be shocked when your history book mentions me. I will lay down my life if it sets us free. Eventually. You'll see my ascendancy..."

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

this person did a really nice job cobbling together videos that show pretty conclusively what a great team guy we got in spite of the criticisms of him from Vikings fans.

It had comments from former Vikings teammates and comments from Bills starting with pre-training camp through the regular season. It really shows that you must be careful with narratives that are painted of people.

It is long and includes lots of related videos .. so if you have time enjoy ....

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/10/8/21503008/stefon-diggs-all-heart-little-ego-buffalo-bills

Thanks for posting.  Great read.  Especially loved reading about his DM to Mitch Matthews.  True leadership and lives passionately.  Sucks that it took him becoming a bills fan for me to truly appreciate all that he is.

I think Diggs would get frustrated in Minnesota because he knew he could help his team win and it seemed like there were weeks where he just wasn't involved in the offense. Whether that's the patented "let's draft a WR 4th overall and then use him as a decoy!" method created by Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan or they just didn't know how to get him in the mix then yeah, I'd see why he's frustrated. I also think he felt like certain teammates didn't match his passion for winning and the game in general. I'd also probably have a difficult time getting along with Kirk Cousins. Guy is a friggin' toolbag.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Josh Allen: "Don't be shocked when your history book mentions me. I will lay down my life if it sets us free. Eventually. You'll see my ascendancy..."

Josh doesn't like to waste his...shot.

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I think Diggs would get frustrated in Minnesota because he knew he could help his team win and it seemed like there were weeks where he just wasn't involved in the offense. Whether that's the patented "let's draft a WR 4th overall and then use him as a decoy!" method created by Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan or they just didn't know how to get him in the mix then yeah, I'd see why he's frustrated. I also think he felt like certain teammates didn't match his passion for winning and the game in general. I'd also probably have a difficult time getting along with Kirk Cousins. Guy is a friggin' toolbag.

I think all you have to do is watch what Daboll has done with Diggs versus the offense in Minnesota.  We're leading the league in 10 personnel usage and Diggs is lining up all over the place.

JA clearly has supreme competence in Diggs because he keeps making small window throws in his direction and getting rewarded.  They are throws that maybe 5 other guys in the NFL even try and Cousins ain't one of 'em. 

People use the term "Diva" because we've started marginalizing actual competitors.  It's a sad state of affairs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

You gotta check this one out if nothing else

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think all you have to do is watch what Daboll has done with Diggs versus the offense in Minnesota.  We're leading the league in 10 personnel usage and Diggs is lining up all over the place.

JA clearly has supreme competence in Diggs because he keeps making small window throws in his direction and getting rewarded.  They are throws that maybe 5 other guys in the NFL even try and Cousins ain't one of 'em. 

People use the term "Diva" because we've started marginalizing actual competitors.  It's a sad state of affairs.

It was said by Minn. fans that Diggs would miss Cousins and regret having Allen as his QB.

Doesn't seem to be happening yet.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was said by Minn. fans that Diggs would miss Cousins and regret having Allen as his QB.

Doesn't seem to be happening yet.

That's dumb just on the face of it.  Last year John Brown had a career year, getting 1,060 yards and 6 TDs in 15 games.  That would be Diggs' 2nd best season in the NFL and it was before Josh became a far better passer.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

3 things have helped Diggs in Buffalo:

1. the overall culture built by Beane and McDermott.  Laugh if you want about “culture” but this administration has always developed a good rapport/communication with players.  

2. Josh Allen - a great leader with a strong arm who isn’t afraid to target WR’s.

3. The Buffalo WR room.  Joining a position group with vets like Brown, Beasley, and Robert along with young players like Davis helped set the tone.  

All in all it’s been a good move for Diggs

I’m lookin at the Bills and Vikings records, I’m thinking the Bills flat out got the better result with that trade, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

I didn't get caught up in the diva hype.  When we traded for Diggs, I googled him and found a lot of good comments about the guy from his ex-teammates and ex-coaches.  There were a couple themes: nobody works harder than Stefon and nobody wants to win more.  Nearly all the negative diva, crybaby crap was coming from the media, not his teammates or the other people who knew him best.

BillsFanChick does a beautiful job here refuting all the talking heads who didn't like the trade and didn't like the man.  

There's inherently a lot of good in Diggs but I also agree that the team and culture and McD has built probably brings out the very best in Diggs, too.