Allen vs Mahomes and Wilson...

Hebert19

1 hour ago, eball said:

And even Aaron Rodgers was a late first round pick who had to sit for a couple of years.  The top 4-5 QBs in the game all have chips on their shoulders of one form or another.

I’m still just so proud of the work Josh has put in to start exhibiting that superstar potential Beane saw in him.

You forgot about another guy who was a 6th round pick who has had a decent career.

Barring an injury or a major collapse by Wilson or Mahomes, (which could also happen to Allen) one of those two will likely win the MVP this year.  But Allen certainly will be in the discussion going forward and likely any games against any of these other top QB's in future will be a national TV game. 

Was looking at the schedule ahead to see if the Seattle game would get flexed, but that's a Fox game and CBS has the doubleheader  that week, and the Sunday night game is a good match up so likely won't happen. The way the schedule works out every upcoming game for the Bills that would be worth considering to flex, the other network has the doubleheader game.  Plus the entire month of December they are on national TV every week assuming the Denver game is moved to Saturday.

3 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Wilson has been lights out and Rogers is also making a case, might come down to those two.  Maybe just give it to Peyton Manning again for old time sake, just for showing up in commercials.  👍

The only thing that can stop Wilson from winning is an injury at this point.

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

ye

Yeah the MVP is more Wilsons to not lose. i think this is Allens "prove it" year. Next year if it keeps up will be the time Allen gets full respect.

I think he's already getting respect and can prove his worthiness of true consideration against the Chiefs/Seahawks head to head.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

The only thing that can stop Wilson from winning is an injury at this point.

It's a long season. Wilson could drop off in his play, or the Seahawks could start losing. And the same could happen to Allen and the Bills or any other team.

MVP talk really shouldn't start until like week 12.

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Whoa is me. 

There's no way to deny a guy who has a) proved it over time, b) has never gotten it, and c) is leader in all the fancy numbers anyway. At the quarter pole Wilson is clear-cut MVP, then probably Rodgers. Allen's day will come but he needs to build up that MVP capital with a season or two of wow performances.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

There's no way to deny a guy who has a) proved it over time, b) has never gotten it, and c) is leader in all the fancy numbers anyway. At the quarter pole Wilson is clear-cut MVP, then probably Rodgers. Allen's day will come but he needs to build up that MVP capital with a season or two of wow performances.

It’s week 4.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Wilson’s amazing though.      No need to bring private parts into the equation.   

Unless they are Allen's:wub:

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Last I checked it is a season to season award... Not based on what they have done previously

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Last I checked it is a season to season award... Not based on what they have done previously

I would argue that the preconceptions coming into a season affect the perception whether it's supposed to or not. If Wilson is perceived as a top QB heading into the season and then has the best season, what argument can stand against that?

Let's say the positions were swapped with Allen having Wilson's numbers (the best) and Wilson having Allen's (2nd or 3rd best, depending on how you break it down - but very close).

I'd say, Wilson would still be the favorite owing to his track record. Unless Allen is clearly head and shoulders above the competition in production, like Jackson last year and Mahomes the prior year.

Edited by Ralonzo

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

He has already been crowned by the voters b.c they feel bad no one voted for him last year. So basically even if he plays average for the rest of the season and Josh plays lights out it won't matter.

When has average play ever won the MVP?

Even without Russ in the picture, #2 right now has to be Rodgers.  He's playing outstanding with whoever they trot out there on offense.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Nevermind that there is actually a debate happening in the media of who should be MVP...but they get to go head to head this year.  

Regardless of the outcomes of those games...i am excited to just watch these guys go head to head.   When was the last time we actually wanted to have a shoot out ?   :)

whenever your team had a QB with that skill set...and for us that goes back to 1995.

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Nevermind that there is actually a debate happening in the media of who should be MVP...but they get to go head to head this year.  

Regardless of the outcomes of those games...i am excited to just watch these guys go head to head.   When was the last time we actually wanted to have a shoot out ?   :)

If this was 2019, McD would be designing a game plan to run time off the clock, plenty of runs, play field position and pray for a Duck Hodges performance by Mahomes & Wilson and to be close come the 4th Quarter.

Thankfully it is 2020......🤣

34 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I would argue that the preconceptions coming into a season affect the perception whether it's supposed to or not. If Wilson is perceived as a top QB heading into the season and then has the best season, what argument can stand against that?

Let's say the positions were swapped with Allen having Wilson's numbers (the best) and Wilson having Allen's (2nd or 3rd best, depending on how you break it down - but very close).

I'd say, Wilson would still be the favorite owing to his track record. Unless Allen is clearly head and shoulders above the competition in production, like Jackson last year and Mahomes the prior year.

You could argue that, but then I would argue Allen is MVP:wub:

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is this one of those insecure Bills things where we start setting ourselves up for failure so that when it happens it doesn’t hurt so badly? That’s what it feels like.

The Bills have a QB that is an MVP candidate. The Packers do too. The Chiefs do too. The Seahawks have a QB that is the MVP favorite 1/4 of the way into the season. It’s really not more complicated than that. There is no reason to get all worked up and pissed off that a historically great player, playing at an MVP level is being recognized as such. 

Nah you saw it in week 1 before Josh was even mentioned. A lot of the guys who got votes say they felt bad that Wilson didn't get a single vote.

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Nah you saw it in week 1 before Josh was even mentioned. A lot of the guys who got votes say they felt bad that Wilson didn't get a single vote.

But if he was playing like Carson Wentz he wouldn’t be getting the votes. Russell Wilson is on pace to throw for 5,136 yards and 64 TDs while completing 75% of his passes!! That why he’s the MVP frontrunner. This isn’t some conspiracy or charity given to a nice guy. He’s on pace for a season that no one has EVER had. This has everything to do with his level of play.