Milano is week-to-week with injury

Process

1 hour ago, scribo said:

Milano is damn good. But the most important ability is availability. And Klein cannot be the next man up.

For sure.  I think everyone knows how good he is.  But with an undersized hybrid type LB, odds are he’s always going to get banged up.  

the only downside to getting good is you are going to have to make some tough choices and let good players walk sometimes.  

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills organization is going to have a challenging time coming up on what to do with their thin LB unit. They claim to run a 4-3, but it's really only Edmunds & Milano with a flavor of the week Nickel db. The depth after these 2 is absolutely non existent. Neither Dodson and Klein have cover skills. And both of our main 2 LB's now have injuries. Are we signing 1, both or going in a different direction. You tell me because I have no idea.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

The Bills organization is going to have a challenging time coming up on what to do with their thin LB unit. They claim to run a 4-3, but it's really only Edmunds & Milano with a flavor of the week Nickel db. The depth after these 2 is absolutely non existent. Neither Dodson and Klein have cover skills. And both of our main 2 LB's now have injuries. Are we signing 1, both or going in a different direction. You tell me because I have no idea.

It’s October 9th 2020.  I’ll tell you in march

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So open enrollment for LB discussion is only in March. How adorable. 

There’s a lot of football to be played.  How could anyone know?  We don’t know if dodson will improve to the point where he could possibly step in for him.  Dodson wasn’t terrible in coverage in college.  He’s not slow. He’s played bad in coverage so far in the nfl but I think there’s room for improvement.  Will milano or tre be hurt all year?  Who knows?

57 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s a lot of football to be played.  How could anyone know?  We don’t know if dodson will improve to the point where he could possibly step in for him.  Dodson wasn’t terrible in coverage in college.  He’s not slow. He’s played bad in coverage so far in the nfl but I think there’s room for improvement.  Will milano or tre be hurt all year?  Who knows?

See, that wasn't so excruciating. And I didn't have to wait till March. I personally like Dodson. If Milano was able I'd like to see more 3 LB sets rather than this Nickel nonsense. If we get a big lead like we have so far this season we can go Nickel if we must. I'm more concerned about both Milano and Edmunds longevity. Both as players and contract wise?

If Milano leaves in FA, our first round pick would ideally be an LB right? Even if he stays, obviously BPA plays into the decision but I think we look to draft a CB2 and/or an LB with the first couple picks...

CB2 (Norman can change this) and LB depth are the biggest issues on this team (slot CB and Punter as well). 

Edited by Dont Stop Billeiving

41 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

If Milano leaves in FA, our first round pick would ideally be an LB right? Even if he stays, obviously BPA plays into the decision but I think we look to draft a CB2 and/or an LB with the first couple picks...

CB2 (Norman can change this) and LB depth are the biggest issues on this team (slot CB and Punter as well). 

Depends on our draft board. Depends on if we sign a FA instead.  Depends it Dotson can step his game up over the next 12+ games.  

CB2 RT, RG, DE, TE, SLB, WLB (if milano does leave)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Depends on our draft board. Depends on if we sign a FA instead.  Depends it Dotson can step his game up over the next 12+ games.  

CB2 RT, RG, DE, TE, SLB, WLB (if milano does leave)

Yeah agree that we could use a young guy or two on the right side of the line (need an upgrade at RG and hoping we re-sign Daryl Williams who's been very good so far at RT). We probably need a speed guy at RB3 as well, could bring a whole new element to the offense. Of course FA will play a role as well. 

That being said, I'd be pretty cool with it being a defense-heavy draft. Need youth and depth at DE, LB, and CB. 

• Like (+1) 1