Milano is week-to-week with injury

Process

51 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

nigel bradham?

Author: Mike Klis-DENVER 9 NEWS
Published: 2:24 PM MDT October 4, 2020
Updated: 3:00 PM MDT October 4, 2020

The Broncos are loading up their practice squad with proven NFL talent.

The newest addition is veteran inside linebacker Nigel Bradham. An eight-year starter with the Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles, Bradham has been in town going through the coronavirus testing protocols. He is expected to be signed to the Broncos’ practice squad on Monday.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Maybe worth a try but a UDFA 4 games into his 1st season in the middle could easily blow up.

He played MLB vs Miami 

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd expect Levi and Milano to land on IR for 3 weeks. Imagine Deon Lacey and Cam Lewis are elevated. Will be interesting to see if they sign anyone of interest to the Practice Squad following those moves.

Cam can’t be elevated anymore for Gameday . They will need to re-sign him, which they can if Levi goes to IR 

Beane has probably already compiled a list of current free agents and practice squad guys for this situation.  He may also be fielding calls from some of the losing teams that will be having a fire sale.  Other than Houston, it may be a little early for teams to start dumping guys into the trade market but there are at least four other dumpster fire teams out there.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Well, on a brighter note his price tag is falling. But if he can't stay healthy that doesn't matter all that much.

Edmunds needs to step up.

Edmunds looked like he was starting to come around yesterday. Hopefully a sign he is getting healthy. 
Milano really is the best LB right now on this team when healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

Imo, we are in serious trouble if Edmunds is our best LB out on the field...that being said, I think the Bills need to consider drafting Milano’s replacement in one of the first 2 rounds next draft...As much as I love the guy, he just cannot stay on the field...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd love to think just plugging in Dodson is the answer, but the dude's a rookie. Why are some people so sold on that?

There has to be a decent option somewhere out there......

Dodson might be ok.   Generally speaking MLB's either have that ability to mirror the RB and anticipate where the ball is going or they do not.

People here once compared Edmunds to Brian Urlacher...........and then when he was awful against the run they tried to make excuses about how the 3 year college LB Edmunds needed time to learn the position.  

But of course Urlacher wasn't even a LB in college and was playing like an all-pro in the middle immediately as a rookie.

You got it or you don't.

Julian Stanford was just as good as Edmunds when he had to play for him while Tremaine was out with a concussion too.   No drop off.

He is probably clinging to the fringe of the Panthers roster they might be able to re-acquire him for a 7th or something.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this brings us to what to do about a 2nd contract. I think Bills have to play their cards close to the vest because he’s not medically reliable. But other teams will entice him with big buck$$..

Yup. Let him go. He is good but can be replaced. 

I would draft another middle linebacker and move Edmunds outside. 

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd expect Levi and Milano to land on IR for 3 weeks. Imagine Deon Lacey and Cam Lewis are elevated. Will be interesting to see if they sign anyone of interest to the Practice Squad following those moves.

Didn't they cut Lewis last week?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dodson might be ok.   Generally speaking MLB's either have that ability to mirror the RB and anticipate where the ball is going or they do not.

People here once compared Edmunds to Brian Urlacher...........and then when he was awful against the run they tried to make excuses about how the 3 year college LB Edmunds needed time to learn the position.  

But of course Urlacher wasn't even a LB in college and was playing like an all-pro in the middle immediately as a rookie.

You got it or you don't.

Julian Stanford was just as good as Edmunds when he had to play for him while he was out with a concussion too.   No drop off.

He is probably clinging to the fringe of the Panthers roster they might be able to re-acquire him for a 7th or something.

They compared him to Urlacher because both are 6'4 or 6'5 with crazy wingspans.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yup. Let him go. He is good but can be replaced. 

I would draft another middle linebacker and move Edmunds outside. 

They compared him to Urlacher because both are 6'4 or 6'5 with crazy wingspans.

Yeah they need to find out what they have in Edmunds outside..........the light first turning on for a MLB two and a half years into their career as a starter happens basically never.  

Problem is that with the bad shoulder he's not likely to be able to show what he can do as a pass rusher this season........which was what should have been his calling card by now.

But still he needs to not be thinking too much on the field because his brain clearly isn't wired for that MLB job.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cam can’t be elevated anymore for Gameday . They will need to re-sign him, which they can if Levi goes to IR 

Yes, he can't come up from the Practice Squad anymore. He has to be signed to the roster. Which is what I was alluding to. It's a "week to week" sprain. But he was on crutches in the locker room - so I doubt it's minor.

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes, they cut him from the 53 to put Norman on. He then cleared waivers and was signed to our Practice Squad. This makes him ineligible to be called up unless signed to the 53. Which is why I'd expect Levi to go on IR.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Can someone explain what week-to-week actually means? It sounds to me that it is some minor injury and it might me from couple days (i.e. he might even play vs Titans) to couple of weeks (1-2, or 3 at worst).

But reading this thread it seems that you deem it more serious, mentioning even IR. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

might be time for a trade

I normally don't over react to a non season ending injury but with Phillips hurt too you got to at least look around for a trade.

They don't necessarily need a starter grade guy but at least a primary depth one.

It might be wise to get someone in to learn the system now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

ya know, this kind of cheap seats opinions used to bother me as its so easy to criticize that which we really don’t know anywhere near what we think we do.

This said, virtually ALL OF US said Ford should play Guard. Everyone BUT McDermott.

Now?...

I mean, there are a lot of tools to actually obtain educated opinions on these things. I’m not just throwing this out aimlessly. I have Sunday ticket, watch every snap of the bills season, every prime time game, the mixed channel on all non bills time slots. It’s almost literally impossible to watch more NFL football then I do. And I rewatch a lot..its not a cheap seats opinion.

I’m not here clamoring for Dodson as some sort of stud and it’s true I can’t possibly know what’s being called on the field play wise. I just like the look of the collective unit when Dodson is out there. I also have felt like Edmunds skill set has fit a WLB from the beginning. He is very fast and should be solid in coverage. He just doesn’t seem to play as fast as he should because he appears to be over thinking. He also seems to get confused very easily on any misdirection run plays. I like the idea of him being slid outside and the Milano injury facilitates that. I do not feel like Klein is anywhere near athletic enough to play the role of Milano. I would like to think our strongest unit as a whole, has 53/49 out there (in Milanos absence) Play Dodson inside and let Edmunds run and cover a bit. Give him a reduction in work load against the run. And take something off his plate by letting someone else call the defense.

• Like (+1) 3