When can we expect Allen to sign a long-term deal?

bills6969

6 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Hard to say; best guess is probably after next year.  But if he continues on this current pace, the Bills may want to think sooner rather than later; before Lamar Jackson gets his deal.  

I think the Jackson and Allen deals will be similar, I think you can find people now who would take JA of LJ.

26 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Watson has been consistent for the most part.  I think Beane slow plays this through at least half of next season if not the whole season

The price doesn’t go down though. Ask the Cowboys if they’re happy that they played chicken with Dak. If you believe that he’s the guy you take that shot and open your wallet. The Bills will certainly monitor the rest of this year and potentially even the offseason but I’d be shocked if he went into 2021 without an extension.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The price doesn’t go down though. Ask the Cowboys if they’re happy that they played chicken with Dak. If you believe that he’s the guy you take that shot and open your wallet. The Bills will certainly monitor the rest of this year and potentially even the offseason but I’d be shocked if he went into 2021 without an extension.

Something a little north of Deshaun Watson?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he finishes this year the way he started it, he will get a new deal before next season. The price will only go up, and the leverage of paying early will only go down. Tre looks like a great deal by signing him when we did. 

• Like (+1) 2

IF (big if, if you didn't see it) he wins the MVP this offseaon he will get locked up. If it tails off or there is a playoff loss in rd 1 or 2 (IF the Bills get home field) Beane might wait and hit him with the 5th year option to work in other deals. They are smart and Josh wants to win. I dont think he is asking for 40 mil unless he gets a ring and/or mvp.

I love this team. Go Bills.

Edited by Mr. K

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m sold.  There isn’t another QB in the league I’d rather have other than Mahomes.  

pay him.  

Not saying he’s better than Mahomes but I am saying he is better for Buffalo. He’s got 3 yrs in this city. He has embraced everything that is and always has been Buffalo. If I’m Beane, No way I’d even take the Chiefs call if they inquired about a straight up trade. Of course... they won’t, but... just sayin’. Haha!

1 minute ago, JY422 said:

Not saying he’s better than Mahomes but I am saying he is better for Buffalo. He’s got 3 yrs in this city. He has embraced everything that is and always has been Buffalo. If I’m Beane, No way I’d even take the Chiefs call if they inquired about a straight up trade. Of course... they won’t, but... just sayin’. Haha!

I hear ya.  I love the kid, but in a straight up 1 for 1 swap, you’d be the only GM not making that trade. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I love the kid, but in a straight up 1 for 1 swap, you’d be the only GM not making that trade. 

Not true. I don’t think for a moment Beane would pull the trigger in that deal. JA is his guy. I think there may be a few others around the league that would ride with Josh as well. 
again... I am not saying JA is in the same class as PM YET. No MVP. No super bowl. I get all that. Just saying the upside seems almost limitless for JA. 

Assuming his play stays at around the same level for the rest of the season, expect him to sign a deal at least as valuable as Watson's after this season.  Anyone talking about how he should take a "hometown discount" can use their time machines to go back to when Ralph was alive and running the team.

11 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Not true. I don’t think for a moment Beane would pull the trigger in that deal. JA is his guy. I think there may be a few others around the league that would ride with Josh as well. 
again... I am not saying JA is in the same class as PM YET. No MVP. No super bowl. I get all that. Just saying the upside seems almost limitless for JA. 

Certainly could be true

12 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I imagine the FO will work on a new, long-term deal with Allen this off-season.  I’m thinking it will be 10 yearish 400m packed with incentives like Mahomes deal.

Right after he brings the SB & SB MVP trophy to Buffalo 

23 minutes ago, JY422 said:

I understand the sentiment, I really do, but you definitely pick up the phone and say yes..........at least at this point in time. I hope this becomes a closer contest in the years to come. 

I love Josh!  But I’m not getting carried away.

Lamar, however.......

• Thank you (+1) 1