Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I got $10 for anyone who lives in Nashville and can hit the titans facility with some eggs, flaming bags of poo, whatever feels right. 

If I lived in Nashville, I would have already done it for nothing.

Given the news today I’m shocked they haven’t cancelled this titans game. I don’t get the thinking of cancelling New England but not buffalo. Pats appear to be on the verge of a pretty big breakout so I can see postponing the game, but Tennessee still  keeps popping up new cases almost daily and yet it’s still on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Really genuinely confused how the Patriots already have an answer to their schedule cause of 3 positive tests and we're over here just waiting... 

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah and then what do you do with the teams that finished their seasons already? Let em chill for the playoffs? I guess you'd have to rework the whole schedule.

Yeah, A week 18 is hard to do... A Bye or two between weeks 10 and 17 is probably the best. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Yeah and then what do you do with the teams that finished their seasons already? Let em chill for the playoffs? I guess you'd have to rework the whole schedule.

Don't know how the NFL would do it but they have the ability to do whatever so not worried. 

Titans coach positive test means the virus is still around that club.  i’m the first one to say it’s not a death sentence but if the league is trying to portray”safety first” then they need to reschedule the game much like Den/Mia.  There have been too many cases on the Titans to blow it off like they did for Atlanta and their practice squad DB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been musing about the Denver-Patriots game being moved to next weekend and the Denver-Miami game being moved into the future. The second and third order perturbations to the NFL schedule are hard to predict now.  My guess is every team is likely to have games and order of games moved around now.  The league got “lucky” with the Tennessee-Baltimore-Pittsburgh fix.  Everything gets significantly more complicated now with the shifting of three teams Denver-Miami-New England schedules.  And that’s before the Tennessee-Buffalo-Kansas City gets figured out. I think the NFL game scheduler algorithm has been broken. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Tennessee should have to forfeit.  You can’t mess up the entire league because one team refused to follow protocols.

They've impacted 4 top AFC Super Bowl contenders already, Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, and Ravens, 5 counting the Titans. I think this is why the league is having such a hard time with this game. It likely determines playoff seeding. This decision will have future ramifications. 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Don't know how the NFL would do it but they have the ability to do whatever so not worried. 

I just worry about it being unfair to us now... and no lol... I won't trust the NFL to do it fair. We'll get fugged somehow.

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Didn't the league say it was canceled if they had one more positive test and the Chiefs game reverts back to Thursday night?

I think that was the Thursday-Friday play.  Much harder now that the clock was started and stopped again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Didn't the league say it was canceled if they had one more positive test and the Chiefs game reverts back to Thursday night?

Not necessarily.  Due to contact tracing, they could have some expected positives and still play.