Should Gruden Get a One Game Suspension?

T&C

25 minutes ago, T&C said:

Was it? Or were you standing on your head watching the game... no idea really.

I had some really important stuff I wanted to post in the gameday thread but alas it has been closed.

No offense, but why can’t you post your really important stuff in the postgame thread?

If you want to link to a post in another thread, click on the posting time and copy/paste the link in the browser window, it’ll take you right to that post when you put it in your words of wisdom whatever thread they may be in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are pre game threads, 1st half thread, 2nd half thread and post game thread.

I'd like to see a game day forum so we could have different discussions without reading one extending so many pages but I am not a mod. 

The mods aren’t involved in deciding on major structure like forums.  But I think that’s the key, forums are a more major thing to set up and close down.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seems like fines for that are the thing

That’s standard here - has been since I’ve been a mod, which was just before the 2018 draft.  Split threads pregame, 1st ,2nd, and postgame, open and shut at appropriate times.

It’s actually a bit of a PITA for the mods but @SDS asked for feedback about it and no one seemed to have great notions for something better

Well, I didn't intend for this to be a discussion much on the gameday threads but we never close ours... I'm in the same position as you, just somewhere else. Basically like to Inspire talk instead of cutting it off. 

I think fines Should be the thing. I'm not going to get into the covid/what other sports have done but at some point I'd like to see the law they all agreed to layed down. Can't obey... vacation time for you bud.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No offense, but why can’t you post your really important stuff in the postgame thread?

If you want to link to a post in another thread, click on the posting time and copy/paste the link in the browser window, it’ll take you right to that post when you put it in your words of wisdom whatever thread they may be in

Thank you. That sounds too busy, I'll pass and keep my really important stuff to myself. Cool site for the most part I would say, I've had a good time posting here.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

He was lucky to wear his mask half of the time...

Why are the game threads shut down? 

Yes.  He was already one of the coaches fined $100K earlier, wasn't he?

Meanwhile a large portion of his team was mind-boggling irresponsible at a party last week.

The rules say they could lose draft picks if they keep this up - it would be Raiders-stupid, which is fine by me.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, T&C said:

That makes zero sense but thanks for the tip. No one wants to further discuss the game thread? That is pretty wild... I could talk the game until its time to hit the bed. Gotta have pizza rolls with Marie's in there somewhere though.

anything noteworthy gets pulled to its own thread instead of searching tons of pages 

I'm more worried about the post game team mingle on the field. Very few players wearing masks, getting close to the other team, etc. The only rules I could find were from back in July, and there have definitely been changes made...

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-game-day-protocols-for-2020-include-postgame-restrictions