A Saints player just tested positive for COVID

bills6969
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

If you have Kamara on your fantasy team like i do & are worried about this news, worry even more:

image.thumb.png.9a1ba9b60fa66058ce048e28c9bd8652.png

What would really help with this virus is if the test results could be returned as fast as possible.

As it is now, a player gets tested in the morning & doesn't get his results until later at night. Meanwhile they could believe they're clean & they continue to expose others to the virus.

If the results were as instantaneous as possible, it would help players to react faster to being positive & quarantine themselves.

Edited by brianthomas

41 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The way this is going, it doesn't look like they'll be able to finish the season. It's only week 4 and things are getting chaotic. If course it had to happen when the Bills are finally good. 

With no fans in the stands, the NFL can extend the season as much as they need to, within reason.  They could play the Super Bowl in March.  I hope that doesn't happen, but remember, baseball seemed destined to collapse just a few days into it.  It is disappiointing, but we all knew there was a pretty good chance things would not go without some bumps.

There is also this...the possiblity of a shortened 12 game season:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/talk-already-has-emerged-of-a-12-game-season/

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The way this is going, it doesn't look like they'll be able to finish the season. It's only week 4 and things are getting chaotic. If course it had to happen when the Bills are finally good. 

That's funny... Already 1/4 of the way into the season. A few players test positive and you think the ship is sinking.

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

With no fans in the stands, the NFL can extend the season as much as they need to, within reason.  They could play the Super Bowl in March.  I hope that doesn't happen, but remember, baseball seemed destined to collapse just a few days into it.  It is disappiointing, but we all knew there was a pretty good chance things would not go without some bumps.

There is also this...the possiblity of a shortened 12 game season:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/talk-already-has-emerged-of-a-12-game-season/

Exactly the NFL will play I don't know why people are scared. Every other sport had problems yet here they are.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Why b.c a few players got it in week 4? Lol

All you people smugly laughing about posts like this. I get it that you want the league to continue, but I don't understand why that has to translate into annoying behavior like this. Clearly things are not looking great right now. We currently have at least 5 teams with problems, and the trends are not good. Admitting it won't hurt you.

Everyone talking about the MLB ignores the fact that the weather is changing and the cases appear to be skyrocketing.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

All you people smugly laughing about posts like this. I get it that you want the league to continue, but I don't understand why that has to translate into annoying behavior like this. Clearly things are not looking great right now. We currently have at least 5 teams with problems, and the trends are not good. Admitting it won't hurt you.

Everyone talking about the MLB ignores the fact that the weather is changing and the cases appear to be skyrocketing.

Some people are still in denial. Kinda weird if you ask me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder when this will become a strategy for someone like Beeeeelichek. ---> Sends player to get Covid for free by week, if needed. 

If they made the player who caught it sit for 8 weeks, and that team forfeit the scheduled game, then there would be none of those shenanigans. Not saying it would be fair, but it would definitely be a deterrent to those type of Patriot things... And, I'm sure teams would take precautions to the next level.

tenor.gif?itemid=5740264

4 hours ago, Big C said:

The MLB also had an outbreak and they found a way through it. NFL might be forced to pause the season or something, but they will get through it.

They really should consider going to a bubble though.

Do you realize what would need to go into this Bubble idea?

Where would teams practice? Meals? Locker Rooms? Multiple NFL suitable stadiums? How could you have multiple Bubbles when there are out of conference games to be played? Scheduling would also be impossible. The NFL can’t play in consecutive days, or even close to that, compared to baseball, hockey or basketball.

A bubble in the NFL is literally impossible. There is no infrastructure in place that could support that idea.

Edited by Beast

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Both sides get annoying with this.   It’s just as annoying when people knee jerk pontificate about shutting down the season.  

Who knows, it could happen, but I’d be shocked if MLB figured it out and CFB is revving up to a full slate by November, yet the NFL is the only major sport to close up shop.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Both sides get annoying with this.   It’s just as annoying when people knee jerk pontificate about shutting down the season.  

Who knows, it could happen, but I’d be shocked if MLB figured it out and CFB is revving up to a full slate by November, yet the NFL is the only major sport to close up shop.  

I don’t think anyone is saying cancel the whole season. MLB was on hiatus for a few months

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I don’t think anyone is saying cancel the whole season. MLB was on hiatus for a few months

Same with the NBA, but that was when we didn’t know anything about this.  Once they reopened, they had a season without pause.  

NFL pausing while we have college football games, with fans in the stands, is just something I don’t see happening.   

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

Do you realize what would need to go into this Bubble idea?

Where would teams practice? Meals? Locker Rooms? Multiple NFL suitable stadiums? How could you have multiple Bubbles when there are out of conference games to be played? Scheduling would also be impossible. The NFL can’t play in consecutive days, or even close to that, compared to baseball, hockey or basketball.

A bubble in the NFL is literally impossible. There is no infrastructure in place that could support that idea.

Agreed. The league is offering to put all teams in hotels though.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Same with the NBA, but that was when we didn’t know anything about this.  Once they reopened, they had a season without pause.  

NFL pausing while we have college football games, with fans in the stands, is just something I don’t see happening.   

I really don’t see it happening either but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if it did. I definitely wouldn’t be happy about it. I just want to go to a ***** game