Is Mahomes better than Josh Allen and Tre White ... now?

Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's still too early to answer this question. Mahomes very well may go down as the GOAT when it is all said and done. Which as a Bills fan, I'd love to see him take that tile away from Brady. 

It absolutely is too early. But it's also too early to know who'll win this week's game and yet we're talking about it.

And puh-lenty of people who thought over the last two years that the answer was that there was absolutely no way the Bill had NOT made a huge mistake ... posted here again and again ... a year or two ago on the same subject.

I mean, you're right, it's too early. But by the time it's not, the discussion won't be very interesting anymore. 

Let's say Allen spends the rest of his career playing at exactly this level or just a tiny fraction lower. What's the answer then? IMO the Bills win.

Both Mahomes and Allen can be good for their respective teams. Allen getting better does not make Mahomes worse and vice versa.

Honestly, I'm happy the trade worked out for both teams and both teams got their guy. Excited to see them both play for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It absolutely is too early. But it's also too early to know who'll win this week's game and yet we're talking about it.

And puh-lenty of people who thought over the last two years that the answer was that there was absolutely no way the Bill had NOT made a huge mistake ... posted here again and again ... a year or two ago on the same subject.

I mean, you're right, it's too early. But by the time it's not, the discussion won't be very interesting anymore. 

Let's say Allen spends the rest of his career playing at exactly this level or just a tiny fraction lower. What's the answer then? IMO the Bills win.

You seemed to skip right over the main point of my reply Thurman which was that basically McDermott is unfairly criticized for passing on Mahomes regardless of how either Allen or Mahomes careers turn out. And second, with all due respect to Tre White he doesn't play a role in the debate IMO.

nobody knew what Mahomes was.    Chiefs took a chance,  even they didnt really know.    He came from a system not loved by the NFL.

nobody knew what Tre or Josh would become.    u take educated guesses when u draft,  but theyre still guesses.

comparing everybody,  is pointless.    different situations.

u stick Mahomes in Miami,  is he still the same player?

u stick Josh in.....Cleveland,  is he?

too many variables.

be happy with what u have,  dont worry about the what ifs.

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sure,   I’ll call it now.  

You can wait three more years to admit I’m right 🤣🤣

Already giving up on your favorite QB from that class???

truth-bisky and the Switz-army knife even topped Sills V in the pantsed index.

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Besides Mahomes, who would you trade Allen for?

Wilson is an obvious one. Do we get the player's whole career or just where they are now? If you ask me 3 weeks ago, the answer is probably 15 players. Now it's quite a bit more uncertain, but 3 great games does not make him superior to future HOF QBs.

I  just want to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Tremaine Edmunds was acquired with the pick from the Mahomes trade........not Josh Allen........ and Edmunds is having a regrettable season.

They need to get him outside and stop the charade.   If you want him to move him around....fine.......but he's a massive target in the run game up the middle and if teams didn't know it before they sure seem to have gotten the memo this year.   They are putting a lot of wear and tear and missing an opportunity to fairly evaluate a guy who could be special on the edge while they still have time to decide on his future as a potential $15M-$20M per year player.

Tre White was a really good pick.......I was confident he would be.......... but they drafted him to replace Gilmore who went on to become the friggin' NFLDPOY and best player on a defense that lead his team to a SB win.   So that wasn't even a net gain.   A first round pick and a good CB contract are at best a wash in terms of chip value.   

Mistakes were made.

Josh Allen doesn't look like one of them. 

As I said when he was struggling early on.........hopefully he and Mahomes can become the Kelly/Marino of this generation for Bills fans.

It's earlier in JA's improvement but that's easier to envision now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

nobody knew what Mahomes was.    Chiefs took a chance,  even they didnt really know.    He came from a system not loved by the NFL.

nobody knew what Tre or Josh would become.    u take educated guesses when u draft,  but theyre still guesses.

Mahomes was a high profile college player............his dad was a long time pro athlete...........he had pedigree and a mountain of great plays on tape.

But you are right about Josh.............the son of a melon farmer who couldn't get a scholarship offer from anyone and had to go to JC and start out there as the 3rd string QB.  And he certainly didn't put a lot of good on tape at Wyoming.

34 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Wilson is an obvious one. Do we get the player's whole career or just where they are now? If you ask me 3 weeks ago, the answer is probably 15 players. Now it's quite a bit more uncertain, but 3 great games does not make him superior to future HOF QBs.

I  just want to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Never said he was superior. 

Wilson is obvious? You'd trade Allen today for Wilson?

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes was a high profile college player............his dad was a long time pro athlete...........he had pedigree and a mountain of great plays on tape.

But you are right about Josh.............the son of a melon farmer who couldn't get a scholarship offer from anyone and had to go to JC and start out there as the 3rd string QB.  And he certainly didn't put a lot of good on tape at Wyoming.

This is shallow.

How many high profile QBs have busted? His dad? Yeah, that's a recipe for sure-fire stardom. Pedigree? More dad talk I'm assuming. Great tape - please. They all have highlight tape.

Got something against melons? Or farmers? His story is more impressive because of this. Nothing - nothing was given to him. He's worked hard to be where is today. Perhaps harder than most. Character building background as I see it.

Josh is proving all the naysayers wrong. I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm confident JA will be all we want a Buffalo Bills QB to be.

Mahomes is unquestionably the best in the biz - no doubt. You don't have to piss all over our guy to validate it.