Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I agree Dub, I've learned to speak with my head not my emotions.Though I slip from time to time. I think there many more democrats who think like I do then the so called democrats that pollute this board. I've been on this board for about 20 years, I was a staunch democrat and had many run ins with republicans on this board. I'm not ashamed to admit I've had my lunch handed to me by the likes of DC Tom, Alaska Darin, TYTT and a few others. But I was willing to learn from them. I don't always agree with them, but I definitely respect them. It just makes me sad to think how far my old party has fallen. I don't belong to any party and I doubt I will ever again. 

Thanks for the compliment..though neither Tom nor I are Republicans.  We're also clearly not Democrats.

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I agree Dub, I've learned to speak with my head not my emotions.Though I slip from time to time. I think there many more democrats who think like I do then the so called democrats that pollute this board. I've been on this board for about 20 years, I was a staunch democrat and had many run ins with republicans on this board. I'm not ashamed to admit I've had my lunch handed to me by the likes of DC Tom, Alaska Darin, TYTT and a few others. But I was willing to learn from them. I don't always agree with them, but I definitely respect them. It just makes me sad to think how far my old party has fallen. I don't belong to any party and I doubt I will ever again. 

I respect what you're saying Westside, and not that you need it from me but be proud you stand on your own. I always tell my young ones don't follow others, know what you believe in and back it up. I can disagree with you and respect you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Thanks for the compliment..though neither Tom nor I are Republicans.  We're also clearly not Democrats.

I know AD, but you and the others I mentioned bring a lot to TSW and I'm sorry DC Tom doesn't post here anymore. In the past , I was a total ass towards you and others who schooled me on politics. I am extremely regretful for my past behavior. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ok, so your example of who is NOT alt-right are Praeger and Shapiro?

This statement proves that you have no idea of what classical liberalism and alt-right are.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There was a poll some time ago where everyone fell vis-à-vis a political party. It was very interesting how many who post here (fairly) regularly were neither Democrat nor Republican (myself included).

Just now, westside2 said:

I know AD, but you and the others I mentioned bring a lot to TSW and I'm sorry DC Tom doesn't post here anymore. In the past , I was a total ass towards you and others who schooled me on politics. I am extremely regretful for my past behavior. 

It's all part of the process.  I think most people who care about things are passionate to the point of ridiculous at some point, then we start seeing more shades of grey.

It's like being identified as a Libertarian.  I like a lot of the platform but I'd never join because of the "No Borders/Taxation is Theft/Other Weird Stuff" that so many espouse so consistently.  The basic tenets of being a "Constitutional Libertarian" appeal to me but the morphing just blows it all apart.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There was a poll some time ago where everyone fell vis-à-vis a political party. It was very interesting how many who post here (fairly) regularly were neither Democrat nor Republican (myself included).

I just can't deal with either party.  There are just so many things they care about so passionately that are blindingly stupid.

And don't get me started on the "Special Education Teams" they try to pass off as leadership.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

They don’t. Home schooling, in my mind, is dumb.  I understand why many have chosen that route but the social aspects of being with other children is crucial.  To take that away from a child doesn’t make sense. It was extremely important. The relationships I still have 50 years later and 3,000 miles apart with some of those people is amazing. 

That's possibly because you're assuming that home schooling means the child is always home. We home schooled my son for three years, and I fought with my wife for the very reason you're discussing above.

Turns out, that's simply not true, and is more often brought up by the unions in an effort to do away with home schooling. In CA, you still need to be involved in an approved curriculum. These are offered by accredited home schooling groups who not only provide some classroom instruction, but social activities like dances, etc., as well.  The key is that you are able to tailor the curriculum to your child's learning abilities, while also being able to have options like, for example, faith-based lesson plans.

Yes, a good portion of schooling takes place at home, but it still occurs with other students in classrooms and study group and the idea of no socializing is a myth.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's possibly because you're assuming that home schooling means the child is always home. We home schooled my son for three years, and I fought with my wife for the very reason you're discussing above.

Turns out, that's simply not true, and is more often brought up by the unions in an effort to do away with home schooling. In CA, you still need to be involved in an approved curriculum. These are offered by accredited home schooling groups who not only provide some classroom instruction, but social activities like dances, etc., as well.  The key is that you are able to tailor the curriculum to your child's learning abilities, while also being able to have options like, for example, faith-based lesson plans.

Yes, a good portion of schooling takes place at home, but it still occurs with other students in classrooms and study group and the idea of no socializing is a myth.

At this stage in my life I tend to lean towards home schooling. I believe public schools should stick to the basics, reading, writing and arithmetic. Leave politics, religion out of schools. Unfortunately liberal ideas and agenda are taught in school. If my kids were still in school I would seriously consider private or home schooling.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

At this stage in my life I tend to lean towards home schooling. I believe public schools should stick to the basics, reading, writing and arithmetic. Leave politics, religion out of schools. Unfortunately liberal ideas and agenda are taught in school. If my kids were still in school I would seriously consider private or home schooling.  

You do understand it's impossible to remove politics and religion from education and still provide a quality education, correct?

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

My wife home schooled my oldest son for the sixth grade , he was struggling with behavior,  he was bored to death and there was talk of adhd. We knew the 6th grade teacher at our Catholic school and knew they were not going to get along.

He did fine at home, went back to school at the public school the next year (our catholic school only went to 6). He is now in the Navy as Nuclear technician, about CVN 77 USS George H.W.Bush.

I couldn't be more proud of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Except the part where you all openly support fascism, police violence, authoritarian governments, and question whether or not white supremacist groups are really all that bad. Except all that, you're all perfectly lovely human beings.

In other words, failure to acknowledge your mischaracterizations as reality equates to support for the things you falsely alleged.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think this is all a publicity stunt, but if it's not I hope he dies.

The upside to your posting is you are not afraid to post what every Dem and leftist thinks right now. 

Oh, sure, Rachel Maddow said something nice. But you, sir, are the real deal. You show what the left wants: Trump to die from this virus.

Well done. You're a gutless, embarrassing, pussified, schittstain of a human being, but at least you're true to your party.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The most important thing is one has been in government for almost 50 years, was VP for 8 of those years recently, and now thinks he can fix things.  When most everything he did before he got wrong.

Yes, former Secretary of Defense Bob Gates who served in the Obama administration, wrote in his book that Joe Biden was wrong on every foreign policy decision or position in the last 40 years.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, former Secretary of Defense Bob Gates who served in the Obama administration, wrote in his book that Joe Biden was wrong on every foreign policy decision or position in the last 40 years.

That's a level of excellence you just don't need to run from.  All we have to do is ask his opinion and then NOT DO THAT.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

The upside to your posting is you are not afraid to post what every Dem and leftist thinks right now. 

Oh, sure, Rachel Maddow said something nice. But you, sir, are the real deal. You show what the left wants: Trump to die from this virus.

Well done. You're a gutless, embarrassing, pussified, schittstain of a human being, but at least you're true to your party.

I've never been a democrat. It's so adorable that you can't figure that out.

16 minutes ago, westside2 said:

...quite an interesting assessment and chronology with my thanks for sharing......when I turned 18, my late mother urged me to register to vote as a Democrat......um...er...ok.....what did I know?.......years later after college, some connections pulled strings to get me an interview for a Finance Dept job with the Monroe County Executive who was Republican...."gotta change your registration immediately" so I did....well..um....er...ok.......again what did I know?.....BTW, did not get hired......fast forwarding, still a registered Republican but have NEVER voted a straight ticket in 49 years,......my relatives (my mother's family)?.......dyed in the wool Dem lifers (now I know why she told me to register Dem).....we're talking CNN IS GOSPEL left......we're talking EVER considering A vote for A Republican is blasphemy and treasonous....we're talking unfriending other relatives on FB who support Trump as "radicals unfit to be a parent raising children in such a radical household"......

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh I imagine there are arranged social activities.  But the growing up with your peers is more than arranged activities.  It's just being together with the same group of kids for 13 years.  Now yes families do move so that doesn't always happen but there are so many other spontaneous things that kids do when they are together that help determine who they will be.   From passing notes, to sitting next to the girl you have a crush on, to sneaking a smoke in the bathroom (well that likely doesn't happen anymore) to getting punched in the nose after study hall.  Yes your children have friends in the neighborhood.  But in school you are surrounded by dozens of other kids with all different personalities.  The hallways of school is a great place to lean how to function later in life.   Home schooled kids miss a lot of that I would imagine.  

12 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Faith-based was a choice, not a requirement. But we were able to completely avoid Common Core, which was our primary concern with the CA public school system.

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

My wife home schooled my oldest son for the sixth grade , he was struggling with behavior,  he was bored to death and there was talk of adhd. We knew the 6th grade teacher at our Catholic school and knew they were not going to get along.

Turns out being bored in school is typically a sign that your child is in too low of a class. Another reason we pulled our child out of public school. We were able to get him into advanced classes. He's a 10th grader in a charter school now, but all his advanced home school classes carried over, so he's in a number of senior-level classes a college level class. 

Congrats on raising a great kid.

Imagine raising a child like BullBuchanan who, today, is only able to explain that he wants to see the president of the United States die from a virus.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I've never been a democrat. It's so adorable that you can't figure that out.

Oh. I forgot. You're Antifa. Or BLM. Or some other schittstain group that promotes the murder of cops and cheers for the death of POTUS,

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Faith-based was a choice, not a requirement. But we were able to completely avoid Common Core, which was our primary concern with the CA public school system.

Turns out being bored in school is typically a sign that your child is in too low of a class. Another reason we pulled our child out of public school. We were able to get him into advanced classes. He's a 10th grader in a charter school now, but all his advanced home school classes carried over, so he's in a number of senior-level classes a college level class. 

Congrats on raising a great kid.

Imagine raising a child like BullBuchanan who, today, is only able to explain that he wants to see the president of the United States die from a virus.

I thik you deserve congratulations on being so invested in your child's education. You are the exception not the rule unfortunately. Congrats on being a good parent! I'm sure his future will be very bright! 

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That would be horrible.

One of my favorite "talks" with my Son..  He started to go a little libby on me. He was berating CEOs and corporations that they should pay more taxes . It was just as Go-Pro was getting big, so I flat out asked him "Is the person that invented go-pro not entitled to every penny from their invention?" He changed his fair share story quick.

Edited by Gary M
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I thik you deserve congratulations on being so invested in your child's education. You are the exception not the rule unfortunately. Congrats on being a good parent! I'm sure his future will be very bright! 

Thanks, but kudos go to my wife who saw something special and dug a bit deeper.  He's something of a geek, which is great because he's much more interested in, say, building a guitar than, say, hanging with schittstains who cheer on the deaths of cops.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You do understand it's impossible to remove politics and religion from education and still provide a quality education, correct?

riiiiggghhhttt.

there is a big difference between being educated and being schooled.

indoctrination... amirite??

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ah yes, the "anti-fascists are the real fascists" trope.

How many dogs did your BIL kill this week?

No the idiots are the fascist trope.

Not sure about my BIL.  He's a real cat lover so he probably has killed a few dogs this week.   

But seriously why did you ask about my BIL killing dogs?  

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanks, but kudos go to my wife who saw something special and dug a bit deeper.  He's something of a geek, which is great because he's much more interested in, say, building a guitar than, say, hanging with schittstains who cheer on the deaths of cops.

He's very lucky to have you both as parents. BTW, I think building a guitar is pretty awesome!!

Edited by westside2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think this is all a publicity stunt, but if it's not I hope he dies.

And you think cops are bad?  Holy ***** dude.  

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

For me, it's anyone who supports Trump/Neo-Nazi's/Police Violence. I find common ground with classic conservatives and can even blend in fairly easily.

I'm kind of a Teddy Roosevelt Republican.

Have you found any common ground with me? 

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Imagine raising a child like BullBuchanan who has worked for everything he has, but still acknowledges that the success he's gained was not achieved without the contributions of those who came before him and those who silently or unknowingly helped him along the way; who pays his taxes understanding that he's making a contribution to his country's wellbeing; who contributes to charities and non-profits in order to help the less fortunate or those in a time of need; who put himself through college; wo moved all across the country with no support structure; who has achieved a high level of professional success despite never finishing high school; who has met and befriended people from various nations, cultures religions, and walks of life; who maintains a clear set of morals and never seeks to do honest people wrong, and protects them from those who would.

Imagine.