Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LB48

Loving Levi Wallace for his hustle - but -

Recommended Posts

He was clearly the weak link in the Bills defense last season.  This year he's the pick-on CB as exemplified by Fitzpatrick's throws to his side.  He's always around the ball but can't make the big plays.  He leads the team in tackles but that's because he can't cover receivers and has to tackle them.  He's has just 4.63 speed which is below average for a starting NFL CB.  

 

He's a great story as a walk-on at Alabama and an undrafted free agent starting for the Bills. I like the guy.

 

It's getting to the point he has to be replaced as a starter.  If you're waiting for Josh Norman he was widely acclaimed as one of the worst CB's in the NFL last season by many sources..  Supposedly our system will make him better?

 

Maybe a trade to get a legitimate CB starter?

 

GO BILLS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy thought here, but maybe we let Norman play one game in the system where he was an All-Pro before calling it quits on him and trading for someone else?

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hurt that our linebackers...especially Edmunds’ wingspan, were sorely missed in the flats where they typically eat up that space in the intermediate Passing game. It helps to hide some deficiencies. Expect a cb in the first or 2nd round next year if we don’t swing a trade closer to the playoffs if we’re where were supposed to be.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. When Norman went down I thought for sure they’d bring somebody in. The Bills tried to not have him start. EJ Gaines opting out and Normal getting hurt this early probably wasn’t part of the plan. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah. When Norman went down I thought for sure they’d bring somebody in. The Bills tried to not have him start. EJ Gaines opting out and Normal getting hurt this early probably wasn’t part of the plan. 

Can't believe Kevin Johnson isn't still here - I feel like the Bill screwed that one up royally.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billzfan37 said:

Can't believe Kevin Johnson isn't still here - I feel like the Bill screwed that one up royally.


I don’t think KJ was/is ever playing on the outside. Basically they picked Taron Johnson over him. I could be wrong on that though. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LB48 said:

He was clearly the weak link in the Bills defense last season.  This year he's the pick-on CB as exemplified by Fitzpatrick's throws to his side.  He's always around the ball but can't make the big plays.  He leads the team in tackles but that's because he can't cover receivers and has to tackle them.  He's has just 4.63 speed which is below average for a starting NFL CB.  

 

He's a great story as a walk-on at Alabama and an undrafted free agent starting for the Bills. I like the guy.

 

It's getting to the point he has to be replaced as a starter.  If you're waiting for Josh Norman he was widely acclaimed as one of the worst CB's in the NFL last season by many sources..  Supposedly our system will make him better?

 

Maybe a trade to get a legitimate CB starter?

 

GO BILLS!

 

All well and good but what team is so deep with CBs 2 weeks into the season that they are willing to trade?

Who are the Bills having to give up?

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

All well and good but what team is so deep with CBs 2 weeks into the season that they are willing to trade?

Who are the Bills having to give up?

 

Not likely, but do Yeldon and Wade have any value with all the RBs going down this weekend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

 

Not likely, but do Yeldon and Wade have any value with all the RBs going down this weekend? 

 

The OP is talking about a starting grade CB.  Wade isn't tradable.  Yeldon would give you a CB4 at best from a desperate team.

 

If you want to trade for a starter you got to give up a starter.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

The OP is talking about a starting grade CB.  Wade isn't tradable.  Yeldon would give you a CB4 at best from a desperate team.

 

If you want to trade for a starter you got to give up a starter.

 

I meant as "part of" a trade (along with maybe others or picks). Wade not tradable? Didn't know that (not that any team probably cares about him... but I'd love to see him in a game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah. When Norman went down I thought for sure they’d bring somebody in. The Bills tried to not have him start. EJ Gaines opting out and Normal getting hurt this early probably wasn’t part of the plan. 

 

I would be SHOCKED if we don’t take a CB in the top 3 rounds next draft. Probably earlier than later.......

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

The OP is talking about a starting grade CB.  Wade isn't tradable.  Yeldon would give you a CB4 at best from a desperate team.

 

If you want to trade for a starter you got to give up a starter. 

 

Or draft picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one gonna give our guy Levi some love for his clutch 4th down, goal line, man-to-man physical play on Preston Williams (a guy who worked him over last year in Buffalo--a BAD matchup for #39)? Play starts at 7:46 (tried to embed the vid starting with the goal line stand, but I'm digitally inept).

 

 

 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

No one gonna give our guy Levi some love for his clutch 4th down, goal line, man-to-man physical play on Preston Williams (a guy who worked him over last year in Buffalo--a BAD matchup for #39)? Play starts at 7:46 (tried to embed the vid starting with the goal line stand, but I'm digitally inept).

 

 

 

 

Not really.  Fitz was on the money and Williams booted it.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

 

Not really.  Fitz was on the money and Williams booted it.

 

NOTHING to do with tenacious defense by #39?! I agree that Williams should have caught the pass, but it's likely Wallace's play made that more difficult to do.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

 

NOTHING to do with tenacious defense by #39?! I agree that Williams should have caught the pass, but it's likely Wallace's play made that more difficult to do.

"tenacious"  ?  He got beat on the play and the receiver dropped the pass.  That play would have cost us the game.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone has to be the weak link

2 hours ago, LB48 said:

Maybe a trade to get a legitimate CB starter?

 

 

Trade what and for who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...