Titans first-round pick Isaiah Wilson arrested for DUI

FLbills

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29867844/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-wilson-arrested-dui?platform=amp

My apologies if this is being discussed. I searched for it and didn't see anything. 

If the report is true, he's definitely not starting off on a good note. I mean really, donuts in an intersection... I wonder how much of an impact this will have on his playing time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FLbills said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29867844/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-wilson-arrested-dui?platform=amp

My apologies if this is being discussed. I searched for it and didn't see anything. 

If the report is true, he's definitely not starting off on a good note. I mean really, donuts in an intersection... I wonder how much of an impact this will have on his playing time. 

He might have gotten off if he'd shared them with the cops.

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, GreggTX said:

Not good, but he'll get it together, I hope. We tend to forget these are just kids.

True, they are just kids. But I gotta say, I have a lot more confidence in the Bills FO than other teams FO that the Bills rookies and/or younger players aren't going to make the same type of bad decisions.  It aligns with the "high character" mantra that Beane and McDermott covet. The culture that has been instilled at OBD is way more than I ever expected it to be. To say that I am pleasantly surprised is probably an understatement...lol. 

On a different note 

T minus 22 hrs and 27 m until kickoff. 

GO BILLS!

1 hour ago, FLbills said:

True, they are just kids. But I gotta say, I have a lot more confidence in the Bills FO than other teams FO that the Bills rookies and/or younger players aren't going to make the same type of bad decisions.  It aligns with the "high character" mantra that Beane and McDermott covet. The culture that has been instilled at OBD is way more than I ever expected it to be. To say that I am pleasantly surprised is probably an understatement...lol. 

On a different note 

T minus 22 hrs and 27 m until kickoff. 

GO BILLS!

I agree with this 110%  Now standing at a shade less then 20 hours and yes GO BILLS!!!

50 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Geeeez... do you know how much a man that size has to drink to get a BAC of .113? A lot!

Again, it would have been nice/helpful to know that Oliver blew a 0.000 at the scene, which would have avoided the rampant speculation that followed.  I guess I should have suspected that by not mentioning it and instead talking about how he seemed high on "something else," that he was never drunk.

51 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My only question is, how long will it take for the league front office machine to grind out a suspension.  Does it take until next season.

My preference would be that it takes until the Bills arrive in Nashville. It would be even better if I could be there as a witness. 

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

wow, I thought this guy would be a stud.  I mean, he could be.  But you can't play well when your suspended.  I don't get this.  uber/lyft is still around.  use that.  How do NFL players get DUI's.  Don't teams have a person to call?  

uber/lyft is around and who does COVID testing for them?   

I know some are uber/lyft advocated/campaigners but players can afford to use commercial services too.

Some teams also provide services but of course if you are breaking rules you do not want to use them.

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I feel personally attacked

By the donuts 🍩?

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

wow, I thought this guy would be a stud.  I mean, he could be.  But you can't play well when your suspended.  I don't get this.  uber/lyft is still around.  use that.  How do NFL players get DUI's.  Don't teams have a person to call?  

sounds like his goal was fun and not transportation if he was doing donuts in the intersection 

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

uber/lyft is around and who does COVID testing for them?   

I know some are uber/lyft advocated/campaigners but players can afford to use commercial services too.

Some teams also provide services but of course if you are breaking rules you do not want to use them.

huh?

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Not good, but he'll get it together, I hope. We tend to forget these are just kids.

They are not kids and should not be treated as such. 

Almost all are legally old enough to drink and will not be treated as kids in legal system.

The problem is many have had handlers their whole careers to keep them out of trouble, stay in school and even for some find jobs.  Now majority have more money than they ever had and have trouble not just spending it without accepting consequences.