Zack Ertz, doubt it but

So, I seriously doubt anything happens at all, but if you had to wonder about one position group, it’s TE.  Now Spotrac has him valued at $12.7 mil.  Probably past what we can do, but just looking at the roster.  Murphy would be $8 mil., Barkley $1.8 mil., Taiwan Jones $900k, Lee Smith $1.7 mil., and so on.  I know it’s probably foolish, but this is the one area We would immediately be better, and he is fantastic.

Rip me up on this one, but was hoping we would have gone for this guy.  They are $80 mil. over next year and negotiations have broken off.  The guys I mentioned are not critical.

Ertz is a pipe dream. The season hasn’t even started why would philly give up possibly their best offensive player? 
Has to be more than just a cap casualty to ship him out now. If philly falls apart and is 2-5 or something maybe they try and unload contracts but right now there’s zero chance they’d trade him unless you’re giving a seriously blue chip rookie which we do not have. 

• Like (+1) 1

My point was simply they love Goedert, amd is much cheaper, and Ertz has more value this year vs. next.  They are in cap he’ll coming up, and I love Knox, but look at the Ravens.  They play 13 personnel all the tim, so three TE’s on the field.  Wouldn’t it be nice to have Ertz and Knox in the same huddle together if we can swing it.  That’s all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I love Dawson Knox. Total man crush on him

Me too.  It’s not an either or.  It’s both.  That’s the point.  A 12 personnel with Ertz and Knox on the field with choose your RB, AMD Diggs and Brown is a crazy combination.  Not a let’s avoid Beasley.  It’s a let’s have options so we can do either.  Having more than one stud TE is a huge plus.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

So, I seriously doubt anything happens at all, but if you had to wonder about one position group, it’s TE.  Now Spotrac has him valued at $12.7 mil.  Probably past what we can do, but just looking at the roster.  Murphy would be $8 mil., Barkley $1.8 mil., Taiwan Jones $900k, Lee Smith $1.7 mil., and so on.  I know it’s probably foolish, but this is the one area We would immediately be better, and he is fantastic.

Rip me up on this one, but was hoping we would have gone for this guy.  They are $80 mil. over next year and negotiations have broken off.  The guys I mentioned are not critical.

I can understand your want to have him on the team, and ya, it is not a likelihood, but it’s cool to think of what could happen if everything went down just right. 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I'm pretty sure Ertz will be on the trading block next year along with a number of other Philly players.  They have played the "restructure" game for so

long it's pretty much going to be a nightmare for them next spring.

With the decreased cap the Bills are in a tight spot themselves next year (NO WHERE NEAR Philly) so I think it's a slim to none shot on him becoming a Bill.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know CB, which is why I said doubt it.  I know it won’t probably happen.  I just thought worth a worthless conversation given we have to wait days before real games and can talk about something real.

I hear you MGK.  As I sit here waiting for snow to hit in a few hours (crazy) I've was just looking at next years cap numbers for the Bills and teams

around the league.  I looked closely at Philly and just had to laugh.

Unfortunately the teams that could cash in on what I think could be a fire sale by a number of teams are in the AFC.

IND, NE, NYJ and the also ran JAX are going to probably get some real deals.

Bills are pretty much all in $ wise for next year.  After what Beane said today concerning Milano and the other FAs it's going to be fun to see what happens.

It's going to be another important draft for the "wizard"!

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Guess we just shouldn't develop Knox into a stud then...

Yeah I mean all you have to do is say I will develop player x into a stud and it just happens. 

2 hours ago, DFT said:

It could absolutely happen.  Goedert is waiting in the wings.  I think what’s understated though is the Bills affinity for Knox.  But it could happen, definitely.  

There is room for more than one. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Yeah I mean all you have to do is say I will develop player x into a stud and it just happens. 

No, you have to have patience.  Knox's rookie year is not far off of Ertz's. Errz developed,  albeit in year two, but that's where Knox is heading.  Great players grow so let's see what we have in Knox  before dropping $80 mil on a near 30 year old.  

• Like (+1) 2