Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure there's anyone in American politics I'm more tired of than Rudy.  Dude, just STFU.

NYC only rivals California in the race for "Most Special Group of Politicians." 

...probably more like a "dead heat"...........the repulsive "Blue Bookends" choke the remaining lower 46......

9 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Will we hear the phrase "Lyin' dog faced pony soldier from Joe tonight?  Will Trump try to turn the tables on Joe and use that phrase against him?  Will Trump defend ACB by saying that she could be a very powerful justice?  What's the over and under for the number of times the phrases "hoax" and "fake news" will be used?  Will Trump call Joe "Sleepy Joe" to his face?  If Joe seizes up and can't finish a thought will Chris Wallace bail him out?  Will Joe be able to manage his own thoughts while trying to listen to his handlers in his ear piece?  Will Trump continually blow through the "times up" stop sign? 

Who will win the debate and who will finish 2nd and 3rd among DT, JB and CW? 

A long time ago I lived in DC, where politics was a spectator sport. We used to watch the debates in sports bars. Great drinking games too. Imagine them tonight:

I've got the over on "the fact of the matter is" (Biden) and on number of uses of the word "strongly" (Trump).

The best one I ever saw in a bar: Ross Perot's Veep, Admiral Stockdale, who was, sadly, exactly what Trump people say is Biden today ...

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

A long time ago I lived in DC, where politics was a spectator sport. We used to watch the debates in sports bars. Great drinking games too. Imagine them tonight:

I've got the over on "the fact of the matter is" (Biden) and on number of uses of the word "strongly" (Trump).

The best one I ever saw in a bar: Ross Perot's Veep, Admiral Stockdale, who was, sadly, exactly what Trump people say is Biden today ...

I felt terrible for Stockdale. He was so out of his element and really had no business being on that stage.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I felt terrible for Stockdale. He was so out of his element and really had no business being on that stage.

That was true. The bar started out laughing uproariously (gotta admit, myself included). But after about 15 minutes it became obvious what was going on, and it was a whole different atmosphere.

Joe will almost certainly have his usual number of gaffes. Its what he's done for years even before his mental state was in question.  I think what you really need to watch for is Joe losing his cool and lashing out when confronted on Hunter and Burisma. Whatever you want to say about Trump, and you can say a lot, he rarely loses his cool

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Joe will almost certainly have his usual number of gaffes. Its what he's done for years even before his mental state was in question.  I think what you really need to watch for is Joe losing his cool and lashing out when confronted on Hunter and Burisma. Whatever you want to say about Trump, and you can say a lot, he rarely loses his cool

Prediction: Joe will go all teary eyed when talking about Hunter, how he was damaged by the loss of his mother, how he's struggled with addiction, how Joe tried his hardest to put him on the right path, right up to that special military commission that he (literally) blew.  I actually think that would work. For some reason Joe's resisted going there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Correct. It's an exposed nerve for No Chance Joe. I think it's borne out of equal parts a father wanting to protect his son and a corrupt politician wanting to keep his (numerous) financial skeletons in the closet. He won't be able to run tonight from it. The media (and moderators) will likely step in with an assist though and label Trump's attacks "bullying" or "irrelevant". Trump isn't afraid to bully, but the topic itself is anything but irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We have some really good pizza nearby but a smallish one costs about $30 so we only order it from time to time.  We're getting it tonight.  Special occasion along with some Spotted Cow beer which I've been hiding from guests for a few months.  It's only sold very strictly in Wisconsin.  A great easy drinking beer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've made mention of the betting line for Biden taking a swing at Trump. I am only half-kidding.

IF it is very apparent that Basement Biden is not really with it tonight, Trump might have to be careful that he does not come across as a bully.

I really would like to know the drug cocktail they are giving Biden. Is it for dementia? Something else? Multiple issues?

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I've made mention of the betting line for Biden taking a swing at Trump. I am only half-kidding.

IF it is very apparent that Basement Biden is not really with it tonight, Trump might have to be careful that he does not come across as a bully.

I really would like to know the drug cocktail they are giving Biden. Is it for dementia? Something else? Multiple issues?

Chronic Tiberius

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The answer is simple:

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Would prefer they didn't give him any drugs so we all can see the real Joe Bjden.

But hoping they know what they're doing and don't overdose him.  Betting it's going to take a lot to get him to appear coherent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Would prefer they didn't give him any drugs so we all can see the real Joe Bjden.

But hoping they know what they're doing and don't overdose him.  Betting it's going to take a lot to get him to appear coherent.

He's gonna get the full John Gill treatment (Star Trek Patterns of Force reference).

• Like (+1) 1