Is anyone else less invested in this season than normal?

Cal

56 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

This BLM BS has me not wanting to watch any football at all.  The only games I plan on watching this year are the two Jet games, which I'm obligated to because of very close friends, and the Super Bowl if we get there. 

Aside from that, I'm out on this season and have zero respect for the commissioner and the league for supporting such BS and funneling it down my throat.  No thanks. 

Dont Go Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If anything I'm less invested in this season knowing we're keeping the train whistle. Picturing how it'll sound even louder without fans making noise to blunt its ghastliness makes me shudder at the thought.

But I love our Bills. It'd be ridiculous to me hearing anyone choosing not to watch them because of that whistle, and in the whistles case you'd have more of a reason not to, since its wailing away over & over again thru out the game

As an aside, It'll actually be a brand new game day experience being able to hear all the communication on the field since no fans will be there.

Or perhaps it'll be just like your usual game in Miami :P

If you are so concerned about Covid and the concept of BLM (or the organization, very different) that you pass on football, what ARE you turning to for enjoyment and relief?  Are you withdrawing from life completely, or is the NFL particularly evil for some reason? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you are so concerned about Covid and the concept of BLM (or the organization, very different) that you pass on football, what ARE you turning to for enjoyment and relief?  Are you withdrawing from life completely, or is the NFL particularly evil for some reason? 

I'll watch the Bills. Keep up with my fantasy football just not as excited. That's all.

I've been feeling less and less into it since we lost the Seattle game in 2016. The decisions made in 2017 and 2018 just pushed me further down that road. The Bills used to be one of the most important things in my whole life. It would bother me all week when they lost and I'd get a huge high from it when they win. I hadn't missed a game since I was old enough to talk.

Now, I watch, and I hope that they do well, but it just isn't the same. I think the drought took something from me that I won't ever be able to get back. With COVID going on, it's a whole different level. I honestly don't care if they play at all this year. I'd kinda prefer that they didn't. What an awful year to win the Super Bowl.

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly go watch NASCAR and UFC and conspiracy videos on Facebook.  No one cares.  If you feel triggered by the politics of the people who entertain you then just don’t pay for the product.  Why is it that the same folks who want athletes to “shut up and play” can’t “shut up and leave”?  

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. That's America my snowflake friend 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I've been feeling less and less into it since we lost the Seattle game in 2016. The decisions made in 2017 and 2018 just pushed me further down that road. The Bills used to be one of the most important things in my whole life. It would bother me all week when they lost and I'd get a huge high from it when they win. I hadn't missed a game since I was old enough to talk.

Now, I watch, and I hope that they do well, but it just isn't the same. I think the drought took something from me that I won't ever be able to get back. With COVID going on, it's a whole different level. I honestly don't care if they play at all this year. I'd kinda prefer that they didn't. What an awful year to win the Super Bowl.

Ummmmm........WHAT???

I’ll take it, thank you very much! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

If the Bills players kneel are you going to watch ?

They have kneeled before. I will watch the Bills no matter what aside from that I get enough politics. Sports use to be a outlet. I'm just not as excited and won't watch the other games. 

Edited by Cal

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

This BLM BS has me not wanting to watch any football at all.  The only games I plan on watching this year are the two Jet games, which I'm obligated to because of very close friends, and the Super Bowl if we get there. 

Aside from that, I'm out on this season and have zero respect for the commissioner and the league for supporting such BS and funneling it down my throat.  No thanks. 

wahhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh????

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ummmmm........WHAT???

I’ll take it, thank you very much! 

Sure, I would too, but unless it's the patriots or the Bucs that win it, it will be looked at as illegitimate forever. I don't want to be the team that wins a half a championship. 

Edit: Chiefs, Niners, Steelers, Packers, and Ravens probably get a pass too.

Edited by BullBuchanan

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's an interesting time line seems more like you miss the drought than the other way around.

• Like (+1) 2

It is different, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it less. I guess I'm still sort of worried about it being wrecked in the middle, so that is hanging over my head. If I knew that I knew that the season would not be canceled or shortened or whatever, I'd be losing my mind I'd be so psyched. I think it is less than it could have been, but not less than other years; simply because the Bills should be so good this year.

As for the politics part, I don't like the angst that goes with it, but I'm glad we have a free country. Maybe I'm selfish, but I would prefer less drama outside of the lines.

Just now, mykidsdad said:

It is different, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it less. I guess I'm still sort of worried about it being wrecked in the middle, so that is hanging over my head. If I knew that I knew that the season would not be canceled or shortened or whatever, I'd be losing my mind I'd be so psyched. I think it is less than it could have been, but not less than other years; simply because the Bills should be so good this year.

The baseball season still going on gives me hope. I know the contact in football is much greater, but I still have hope.

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m the snowflake!?!?  You can’t watch your favorite team play your favorite sport because the players’ politics upsets you ?

You're a triggered guy aren't you? I said I am watching just not as excited.

• Like (+1) 2