So with Cut Day happening on Saturday Any Suprises?

MAJBobby

With some of the cuts already happening, I think two surprises I am going to list.

Trent Murphy - Sticks on the team, with the reports that AJ is struggling I think he end up sticking.  I really think they wanted to move on from him but I think that he sticks at this point.

Robert Foster - Gone I think they will trade him this week, there will be coaches that look at a 6 game stretch in 2 years and say we can get that out of him, missing time again with another injury.  

Nsekhe traded.  I dont think they are cutting him and I dont think they would move him for late picks, but a mid round pick or a under-performing youngster (ala Hughes trade) and he could be moved.  

Those are my three surprise guesses must admit it is hard doing this without actually seeing practices this year and no Preseason Games to look at either.

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, matter2003 said:

How is Foster getting cut or traded a surprise? The dude had an uphill battle even if he had a great camp let alone that he never saw the field.

The Surprise is the trade, not the off the team

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think DiMarco is in trouble now with the lingering health issue. 

After that the one that will shock some fans is Tommy Sweeney will be cut. 

Agree he should be gone.  Rarely used in Offense, and we have enough ST guys that can step right in that role. Carry an extra actual playmaker

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With some of the cuts already happening, I think two surprises I am going to list.

Trent Murphy - Sticks on the team, with the reports that AJ is struggling I think he end up sticking.  I really think they wanted to move on from him but I think that he sticks at this point.

Robert Foster - Gone I think they will trade him this week, there will be coaches that look at a 6 game stretch in 2 years and say we can get that out of him, missing time again with another injury.  

Nsekhe traded.  I dont think they are cutting him and I dont think they would move him for late picks, but a mid round pick or a under-performing youngster (ala Hughes trade) and he could be moved.  

Those are my three surprise guesses must admit it is hard doing this without actually seeing practices this year and no Preseason Games to look at either.

I don't think Murphy staying, or Foster leaving would be a surprise. Nsekhe leaving would be, though.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Agree he should be gone.  Rarely used in Offense, and we have enough ST guys that can step right in that role. Carry an extra actual playmaker

I think if he was healthy he has a spot on this roster. But when you have a guy his age, questionable health and cap savings to be made... that generally leads to a cut. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

After that the one that will shock some fans is Tommy Sweeney will be cut

I agree with you on DiMarco. Common consensus is they like him but it's time to move on.

Sweeney will make the team, Kroft's feet injuries make it too risky to let him go.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

I agree with you on DiMarco. Common consensus is they like him but it's time to move on.

Sweeney will make the team, Kroft's feet injuries make it too risky to let him go.

See I really don't think Sweeney will. And I think they will be able to sneak him on the PS without a problem.

7 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Might be another that doesnt make the team for that reason along with the Money issue too.  I dont think they lose anything going on from Kroft to be honest

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I still dont think that is a surprise, and honestly, I kind of expect a trade.  Beane excels at getting value out of guys like Foster in trades at this time of year.  He's got value out of a lot lesser players, so I think the cut would be the surprise over the trade.  

Foster wont make this team, was a long shot before he struggled with more injuries this camp.  So he will be gone, and I think it will be a 5th or 6th round pick Beane will get out of someone.  I could see Eagles, Raiders, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Houston, 49ers, Packers, and Dolphins being potential landing spots for Foster.  They all either dont have good WR depth or have lost some guys to opting out or injuries.  

My prediction:  Foster is traded to the Eagles for a conditional 6th round pick.  They just lost Reagor to start the season and several other WR's are dealing with injuries.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still dont think that is a surprise, and honestly, I kind of expect a trade.  Beane excels at getting value out of guys like Foster in trades at this time of year.  He's got value out of a lot lesser players, so I think the cut would be the surprise over the trade.  

Foster wont make this team, was a long shot before he struggled with more injuries this camp.  So he will be gone, and I think it will be a 5th or 6th round pick Beane will get out of someone.  I could see Eagles, Raiders, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Houston, 49ers, Packers, and Dolphins being potential landing spots for Foster.  They all either dont have good WR depth or have lost some guys to opting out or injuries.  

My prediction:  Foster is traded to the Eagles for a conditional 6th round pick.  They just lost Reagor to start the season and several other WR's are dealing with injuries.  

Foster and Nsehke  for Ertz

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/3/20/21188517/zach-ertz-eagles-contract-extension-2019-nfl-season-tight-end-salary-trade-rumors-dallas-goedert-te

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/zach-ertz-12316/

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If a team trades for Foster that is another magical move by Beane.

I just don't see a team willing to trade for him, honestly. He did nothing last year and has been on the roster bubble his entire career.

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

After that the one that will shock some fans is Tommy Sweeney will be cut. 

Agree Gunner.  I think Kenny Loggins is serenading DiMarco with Danger Zone at this point!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

We would certainly have to include a decent draft pick, cant see them taking that trade as I would think they could a lot more somewhere else.  I mean just straight up for a draft pick I think Ertz would fetch a 2nd, possibly more.  My guess is that we would need to throw in at least a 4th, if not a 3rd for that to be remotely interesting to the Eagles.  And even then, I think someone could make a better offer than us if Ertz could truly be had (which I don't think he is going to be traded this year).  

Here is a question:  DISCLAIMER:  I love Brown, so dont get me wrong, not trying to trade him.

What if Eagles offered us Ertz for John Brown and a 3rd round pick?  Would you do it?