Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Not to be that guy, but this thread is about the scrimmage today, there is a forum for politics

no no, please be that guy.

I am so sick of politics showing up every where just so people can try and validate their own views/political beliefs when in reality no one gives two S****

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 14

From Twitter:

Scrimmage is on. McD wants players to get into routines for pre game and half time, so those are occurring/will occur.

No Diggs. Dealing with lower back soreness (doesnt sound major).

There were convos about cancelling due to protests/strikes, decided to move forward but conversations will continue. 

McD said its POSSIBLE the team keeps two kickers on the 53 due to COVID, not necessarily going to happen but its possible.  (Boy I hope not ,we have too much talent all over the field to waste a spot on a 2nd kicker). 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Is there really a point of doing a training camp daily report when the reporters are so afraid to say just about anything due to fear of suspension?  Not trying to be a wisears, but seriously.  After the Brownie treatment, I just don’t see us hearing any news substantive.

Their reporting will look like a Belichik presser.

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Not to be that guy, but this thread is about the scrimmage today, there is a forum for politics

4 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

no no, please be that guy.

I am so sick of politics showing up every where just so people can try and validate their own views/political beliefs when in reality no one gives two S****

I'm sure you are both the "players should stick to sports" types as well.  If you don't like the discussion go to another board or start your own thread.  Unfortunately this is not about "politics" it's about social justice.  By ignoring it or wanting it neatly categorized somewhere else you are part of the problem, not the solution.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm sure you are both the "players should stick to sports" types as well.  If you don't like the discussion go to another board or start your own thread.  Unfortunately this is not about "politics" it's about social justice.  By ignoring it or wanting it neatly categorized somewhere else you are part of the problem, not the solution.

I am most certainly NOT a "stick to sports guy", but we LITERALLY have another entire forum dedicated to politcal posts. You of all people should know this and encourage it. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm 100% ok with players taking a stance and moving forward on this however they so choose, but I hope you know that running around telling everyone who slightly disagrees with you that "they are part of the problem" is completely antithetical to a social justice moment that requires allies.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I am most certainly NOT a "stick to sports guy", but we LITERALLY have another entire forum dedicated to politcal posts. You of all people should know this and encourage it. 

That's fine, but the question of whether or not they will scrimmage is what brought this discussion into it, and then somebody made a dumbass comment.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

That's fine, but the question of whether or not they will scrimmage is what brought this discussion into it, and then somebody made a dumbass comment.

YOU brought the question of whether or not they would scrimmage into this thread. They are scrimmaging, that should end that part of this discussion. Move on. The rest of us in this thread have. Scrimmage discussion, as the thread title implies. You are now the one who can find or start another thread if you arent into this particular discussion about the scrimmage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it.

...Shady Ralph Field...

Come on, it's a little bit cool.  Almost like a night club. 

"Hey, we are going to the Shady Ralph, you coming?"

"Yeah, I'm in...well, after COVID...or when the State allows it.  Groovy!"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

that should end that part of this discussion

I agree.  Somebody else then made an asinine comment that, I felt, warranted a response.  Come on, dude.  I don't want to debate this any further and I'm not commenting on anything other than the scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I spent all night and this morning reading stroy after story about whats going on, I came here to get a break from that. Because people dont want that discussed on a football message board does not mean we’re ignoring the issue or don’t support the players. It means our brains need a healthy break every now and then so we’re not just feeling rage/sadness/hopelessness 24/7.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Don't think Diggs was ever going to play in this.  The guy will be unleashed week 1. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Scrimmage is the highest risk form of practice. Why risk the health of the guy who has been destroying practice day in, day out? He’ll be ready.

Just now, BattlinBill said:

Soooo....any news on what's going on at the scrimmage? Silly me clicked on the thread titled scrimmage and thought I would find some info on it somewhere in the two pages.

Just started. Not much to report yet.

11 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Soooo....any news on what's going on at the scrimmage? Silly me clicked on the thread titled scrimmage and thought I would find some info on it somewhere in the two pages.

I posted some of McD presser highlights leading up to the scrimmage I found on twitter, its on page 2, as far as the scrimmage it hasnt happened yet. Only news is McD wants it to simulate a real game with pregame and half time routines, and Diggs wont play due to "lower back soreness" 

• Like (+1) 1