Training Camp 8/23 - Allen, 5 others miss practice due to False positive Covid tests

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, MJS said:

That would be awesome:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

Hodgins

Roberts

I can get behind that. Move on from scrubs like McKenzie, Foster, and Duke Williams. And give those rookies some specific packages to work on to get on the field for a few plays a game.

I agree with you mostly, and am on board with your list--but I admit I will always have a soft spot for Foster--I was definitely expecting more out of him during last year's campaign as a followup to plays like this:

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you mostly, and am on board with your list--but I admit I will always have a soft spot for Foster--I was definitely expecting more out of him during last year's campaign as a followup to plays like this:

Injuries really derailed his offseason and camp last year. Just think how far we've come at the WR position. Prior to last years free agency we were hyping up Robert Foster as a possible #1 and now we have Diggs, Brown, and Beasley.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have nothing against him. I also thought he would be more of a contributor after his first year. But he certainly isn't producing now and doesn't seem to be positioning himself in camp like the two rookies are. Maybe he can be a practice squad guy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

This is potentially one of the most important pickups this year.
    If we field a top 1-5 D, which I expect we will, having a kid who can come in and manage a few games is huge. I have little faith in Barkley.

Myself personally, Barkley is just as capable of winning football games as the bearded one (Fitzy) IMO,

Other then that I agree with the first part.

Its very possible Fromm will get a chance to showcase his talent this season IMO.   

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What gives you the idea Barkley is just as capable as Fitz?

My eyes a good running game and McD's D

Regardless of what Fitz has accomplished in the NFL and I love the guys grit and mental toughness, 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a careeer turnover machine. Something Bills HC McD would never tolerate IMO.

Edited by Figster

49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If you asked 32 NFL teams if Matt Barkley was just as capable as Ryan Fitzpatrick all of them would say no. 

Fans severely underestimate how bad Matt Barkley is. 

I think fans severely underestimate how capable Fitzy is of turning the ball over. 

159 games, 161 INT's, 29 fumbles 

Fitzy won't last 3 weeks with the pin point accuracy of Tua...

Edited by Figster

3 hours ago, Figster said:

My eyes a good running game and McD's D

Regardless of what Fitz has accomplished in the NFL and I love the guys grit and mental toughness, 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a careeer turnover machine. Something Bills HC McD would never tolerate IMO.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If you asked 32 NFL teams if Matt Barkley was just as capable as Ryan Fitzpatrick all of them would say no. 

Fans severely underestimate how bad Matt Barkley is. 

Barkley isn't good, but making him out to be the worst QB in existence is extreme. (And he is nowhere near as good as Fitz any way you slice it).

He played well against the Jets a couple year ago, and basically hasn't played hardly at all since then. Fans went from being fine with Barkley as a backup last year to horrified this year, and I wonder what the change was. He played only a few downs of meaningful football. Most of his 2019 play was in the meaningless week 17 game where the Bills sat everyone who mattered.

I would have liked to see an upgrade at backup QB, but some of you are going WAY overboard.

3 hours ago, Figster said:

I think fans severely underestimate how capable Fitzy is of turning the ball over. 

159 games, 161 INT's, 29 fumbles 

Fitzy won't last 3 weeks with the pin point accuracy of Tua...

Fitzpatrick is definately a turnover machine, especially in key moments. But he is a great backup because he has the ability to come in, rally the troops, and win a game. Most backups don't have that ability. You just don't want Fitzpatrick to be your starter because eventually he WILL start turning it over in droves.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Barkley isn't good, but making him out to be the worst QB in existence is extreme. (And he is nowhere near as good as Fitz any way you slice it).

He played well against the Jets a couple year ago, and basically hasn't played hardly at all since then. Fans went from being fine with Barkley as a backup last year to horrified this year, and I wonder what the change was. He played only a few downs of meaningful football. Most of his 2019 play was in the meaningless week 17 game where the Bills sat everyone who mattered.

I would have liked to see an upgrade at backup QB, but some of you are going WAY overboard.

Fitzpatrick is definately a turnover machine, especially in key moments. But he is a great backup because he has the ability to come in, rally the troops, and win a game. Most backups don't have that ability. You just don't want Fitzpatrick to be your starter because eventually he WILL start turning it over in droves.

Fair enough, Myself personally, I feel like Barkleys ceiling is still a bit of an unknown and I like what I see from him so far here in Buffalo.

To me Buffalo has a backup in Barkley that our GM might be able to do something with via trade when the right situation approaches them IMO.

For this to happen Fromm has to step up...

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Fair enough, Myself personally, I feel like Barkleys ceiling is still a bit of an unknown and I like what I see from him so far here in Buffalo.

To me Buffalo has a backup in Barkley that our GM might be able to do something with via trade when the right situation approaches them IMO.

For this to happen Fromm has to step up...

He has been in the league for 7 seasons. It's hard to imagine he has unknown potential.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

Imagine this, 14 career starts, under multiple OC's

7 starts, 2 wins, 5 years.

And (imagine this), for the backup QB, it really doesn't matter who the OC is...because he's the backup------- and every OC never wants to see him play.

He only threw INTs, no TDs in Philly.  In Chicago, he was 3rd string.  6 games: 8 TDs and 14 ints.  Last year: 27 completions in 2 games, zero TD, 3 int rating of 51.

He straight up sucks.  That's why Fromm is there.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

7 starts, 2 wins, 5 years.

And (imagine this), for the backup QB, it really doesn't matter who the OC is...because he's the backup------- and every OC never wants to see him play.

He only threw INTs, no TDs in Philly.  In Chicago, he was 3rd string.  6 games: 8 TDs and 14 ints.  Last year: 27 completions in 2 games, zero TD, 3 int rating of 51.

He straight up sucks.  That's why Fromm is there.

My point is Barkley doesn't even have one full season of game starts ( 16 games ) playing for multiple teams and OC's.

I don't know of many QB's who succeed without continuity or having enough previous game experience they also sucked at before they got better.

14 game starts suck and If McD and Co. didn't think Barkley could win football games he wouldn't be backing up Josh Allen IMO.

Anything Fromm does is frosting on the cake...

Edited by Figster

15 hours ago, MJS said:

That would be awesome:

Diggs

Brown

Beasley

Davis

Hodgins

Roberts

I can get behind that. Move on from scrubs like McKenzie, Foster, and Duke Williams. And give those rookies some specific packages to work on to get on the field for a few plays a game.

I could be mistaken - I often am - but I don't think we're going to see them move on from McKensie

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be mistaken - I often am - but I don't think we're going to see them move on from McKensie

Maybe but I think with how good a camp Davis is having he'll likely be one of the 5 active WRs on game day so they might take more of a risk on the 6th inactive spot.