Chris Hogan sign with the Jets

Virgil

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Really....

Hint: he wasn't as polarizing when he was here.

he was. I remember people applauding him moving on. I remember people bring irate he was kept over DaRick...  it goes on. There were a few people that though he was decent and would do much better in NE. Sure he went to NE and Eventually got a ring as a role player that had an occasional good game. 

I don’t think anyone thought he was elite, but there were sure those that hated him. 

15 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

My brother did photo shoots for his family twice in New Jersey.

What kind of photos we talking here? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he was. I remember people applauding him moving on. I remember people bring irate he was kept over DaRick...  it goes on. There were a few people that though he was decent and would do much better in NE. Sure he went to NE and Eventually got a ring as a role player that had an occasional good game. 

I don’t think anyone thought he was elite, but there were sure those that hated him. 

What kind of photos we talking here? 

Come on, no one was serious about punchline/human meme Da'Rick. 

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree that he isn't a star who commands attention, but on a team that doesn't seem to have any stars with the kind of work ethic that leads, anyone who does it the right way helps.  If the Jets win 11 games this season, no one is going to say Hogan turned the team around, but he is going to be at least one guy who every day will show his teammates what it means to be a professional.  One is better than none, two is better one.  

McDermott obviously values DiMarco, Lee Smith and Star for exactly this reason.  

I guess.

I doubt that's why he's there. They'd cut him in a heartbeat if someone more talented comes along. 

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

I guess.

I doubt that's why he's there. They'd cut him in a heartbeat if someone more talented comes along. 

Oh, yeah, I agree with that, too.  Oh they'll cut someone else.  On a talent-rich roster, you can afford the luxury of a Hogan.  On a talent-poor roster, he can make it because he's as good as anyone else they have.  But they're too talent-starved to keep him over better talent.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is the year D’Rick puts it all together!!!

I still think that was the right play. My point always was that he was a fringe NFL player and easy to replace. You keep the lottery ticket over that. I felt the same way with Mike Jasper and Jason Peters. Hogan has proven to be a back of the roster receiver. You can throw a rock and find his production as the Jets just did. He has a shot to make the team with the worst receiver room in the NFL. He really showed us. He’s a scrub.

I’ll bow out now though because there’s no use rehashing it all. I‘m not changing my mind that it was the wrong decision at the time. Hogan’s 28 yards a game could’ve been found anywhere.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1