Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

If you're only tuned into the live blog and not actually watching,

currently the DNC is airing another inspiring segment about how everything is awful and it's probably your fault.

This is so tedious, and no one is excited about Joe Biden. Dems would nominate anyone to defeat Trump.

GET READY !

• Like (+1) 2

Megan Rapinoe and Patty Murray play GREAT in middle America!

Speaking of people who can't accept the results of an election...

TYLER O'NEIL      

Soaring rhetoric from Hillary. "This can’t be another would-a, could-a, should-a election."

BRAD SLAGER        

What a moving testament to the power of women - in order to elect on old white dude.

Post office............*drink*

BRAD SLAGER        

I'm sorry Hilary, which party blocked the relief bill and packed the first with pork for special interests again?!?!

TYLER O'NEIL       

You could hear the excitement in Hillary's voice when it came to Kamala Harris, and the lack thereof when she mentioned Joe Biden.

ME

I wish they would show backstage, getting Hillary back into the van.........?

STACEY LENNOX       

The DNC Stream has 115,000 viewers. CBS, 6,100 NBC 42,000.

Their digital presence is awful. 

"For the children"...........,Drink!

TYLER O'NEIL       

"I am voting on behalf of Joe Biden on behalf of all victims and survivors of domestic violence." Um...

Everyone watching this is going to need a Zoloft. There is no joy. No optimism. 

Every segment is pandering to an identity group. This is their whole strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

STACEY LENNOX       

The Violence Against Women Act was co-sponsored by Joe Biden and Orrin Hatch. 

It was passed in a bipartisan way. Biden taking full credit is garbage. 

BRAD SLAGER        

This will be fun - long segments to come about the need to get people back to work, from the party that is arresting people for going back to work.

STACEY LENNOX       

Joe Biden is going to bring back supply chains after Trump is already bringing back supply chains. It is nice of him to do this after selling us out to China for decades while Hunter profited. 

Continuing to blame Trump for the economy when Democrats remain shut down and refuse to open is some tiresome rhetoric. I am not sure I can make it through Harris and Obama. I can't find my T.V. Brick.

SCOTT HOUNSELL        

Restaurant, that is closed because of orders from the man standing next to her.  This is class A horse****.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fauxahantas had an Aunt Bea. That's the paleface way of calling her. Her Cherokee name was Aunt Stinging Bee. 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

STACEY LENNOX       

Joe Biden is going to bring back supply chains after Trump is already bringing back supply chains. It is nice of him to do this after selling us out to China for decades while Hunter profited. 

Joe Biden is so used to plagiarizing that his campaign slogan should be "Ditto". 

Ok steel yourselves. Barack, then Kamala, then it's over.

Obama drinking words.

“Not who we are”

“We have to be better”

“Country soul searching”

“ I, I, I”

Edited by B-Man

• BRAD SLAGER        

Man, this is a petty and bitter speech from Obama. He pretends Trump has accomplished nothing in order to make his points.

• JENNIFER VAN LAAR        

"Donald Trump hasn't grown into the job, because he can't." 

WOW. Quite a statement from someone nominating a corpse to the presidency

•  BRYAN PRESTON       

Obama says Trump hasn't "grown into the job."

He says this after his administration spied on Trump, and within days of Trump surprising the world with the Israel-UAE peace deal. That deal is changing politics in the Middle East for the better. The latest, Sudan and Israel are hammering out a deal for normalized relations. 

It's Obama who never grew into the presidency and going by tonight's evidence he hasn't grown into the post-presidency either. 

• STACEY LENNOX       

Kamala Harris didn't overcome barriers. She was the child of two college professors. She lived most of her childhood in Canada. And even Willie Brown says he launched her career. Give me a break. 

• | BECCA LOWER        

There's the accusation again -- completely unfounded -- that Trump is enriching himself and his supporters with his office. Gross.

• STACEY LENNOX       

Obama stood with the Mullahs. The Muslim Brotherhood. He let Putin invade Crimea. 

Trump stands with Israel and armed Ukraine. 

Obama, not Trump stood with dictators. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

•  JENNIFER VAN LAAR        

There he goes, putting the idea out there that anyone who supports Trump should be harmed or discriminated against.

• BRAD SLAGER        

What are Republicans doing to make it harder to vote,

other than saying ''Let's vote like we always have voted.''

•  VICTORIA TAFT       

Millions of Americans right now are thinking 'I'd forgotten how dismissive and insulting Obama was. I don't miss it.'

• STACEY LENNOX       

Whelp. Barack Obama is still tedious, still a liar, and still accuses others of what he actually did. 

• BECCA LOWER        

Kamala's coming up soon. And I guess we'll get more "Celebration" music and applause...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

So the most important thing trump has to do is ridicule the leader of a friendly country...are you serious...because she has to learn to take it....wow

The man is sick...

Ridicule Putin, laugh about his hair cut, or his false claim of a virus vaccine, but the Prime Minister of New Zealand...??

This is not about Biden, Harris, or anyone else...

Just trump. 

What kind of a person thinks this way. What kind of a leader do you want to live with...

I do not suggest Biden, Harris or Pence is the answer, but really! 

Saying it isn’t about Biden or Harris is absurd. People who vote for them support them.  All Biden’s long slow grinding, his connections to China, his racism and his strong arming of Ukraine to fix his boy’s problems, and all of Harris and her baggage.  

• BECCA LOWER        

Will we get ANY issues from this acceptance speech, or just feelingssss?

• STACEY LENNOX       

Kamala Harris dropped out of the primary in December.

She was losing her own state of California.

And Amy Klobuchar was getting a larger share of the vote. 

"Structural racism." .................DRINK!

Joe-Biden-grabbing-Stephanie-Carter.gif                c50.gif

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ok steel yourselves. Barack, then Kamala, then it's over.

Obama drinking words.

“Not who we are”

“We have to be better”

“Country soul searching”

“ I, I, I”

I do need to get up for work tomorrow you know.

Caught 3 minutes of Hillary......"stolen" "I won" and the rest of the usual wailing.   Hilarious that she was relegated to the opening act before anyone was watching.

Caught 5 seconds of Kammy......holy crap, was that the most disingenuous, forced smile in human history or what?   Seriously, if you can find a picture of someone with a more phony smile, please post it here.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

•  TYLER O'NEIL       

To say Kamala Harris's speech was a let-down would be an insult to let-downs. Word salad. "You are pushing us." Yeah, so inspiring...

Bryan Dean Wright is a former CIA officer and member of the Democratic Party who resides in Oregon.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:
  •  TYLER O'NEIL       

To say Kamala Harris's speech was a let-down would be an insult to let-downs. Word salad. "You are pushing us." Yeah, so inspiring...

Bryan Dean Wright is a former CIA officer and member of the Democratic Party who resides in Oregon.

Hot takes! 

You seem worried.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Q-baby! said:

Hot takes! 

You seem worried.

C'mon Q ..............keep up

We have addressed your "you seem scared/worried/afraid" bullsh*t" countless times.

Tonight was the third night of the DNC...................and i transcribed multiple comments from it.

Worried ?..........the more Democrats talk the more confident I get.

I would point out to the rest of the board.

How many of our resident progressives even watched or commented on our democrat convention thread.

Seems to me that they would be eager to point out the highlights of their Democrat 'leaders'

I am willing to bet that they will much more prominent in the Republican Convention thread.............

It is easier for them to show hate than than constructive thought.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Is that what you call what you do..."constructive thought"? That is hilarious.

Edited by Buftex

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Is that what you call what you do..."constructive thought"? That is hilarious.

No.

I wasn't referring to myself.

You are assuming things (as always) that is why you find it "hilarious"

Democratic Strategist | Formerly: CA Gov. Gray Davis

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

C'mon Q ..............keep up

We have addressed your "you seem scared/worried/afraid" bullsh*t" countless times.

Tonight was the third night of the DNC...................and i transcribed multiple comments from it.

Worried ?..........the more Democrats talk the more confident I get.

I would point out to the rest of the board.

How many of our resident progressives even watched or commented on our democrat convention thread.

Seems to me that they would be eager to point out the highlights of their Democrat 'leaders'

I am willing to bet that they will much more prominent in the Republican Convention thread.............

Just not worth talking to a brick wall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Harris's speech was just okay.  Obama's was very good but he's always excelled in that environment.  It's like watching Jordan playing on the Wizards.

I thought Harris was great. She has been sort of getting pigeonholed into the "attack dog" role...she didn't really go there tonight.  She didn't need to.  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I thought Harris was great. She has been sort of getting pigeonholed into the "attack dog" role...she didn't really go there tonight.  She didn't need to.  

It was better than I expected.  Certainly a better pick than Tim effin Kaine.  My main criticisms are it was a little bit too long of an introduction and low on substance policy wise.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I do need to get up for work tomorrow you know.

Caught 3 minutes of Hillary......"stolen" "I won" and the rest of the usual wailing.   Hilarious that she was relegated to the opening act before anyone was watching.

Caught 5 seconds of Kammy......holy crap, was that the most disingenuous, forced smile in human history or what?   Seriously, if you can find a picture of someone with a more phony smile, please post it here.

Google melania trump standing next to Donald.  Enjoy. 

• Haha (+1) 2