Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Jamal Adams: Adam Gase isn’t the right leader for the Jets organization

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why doesn’t he want to stay on a team that’s going to start 5-0?

 

 

Ah yes, the infamous Sar I and his fantasy of the Jets doing no wrong. Dude actually supports Gase and slobbers all over Darnold because of their "6-2" run at the end of the year, which technically would be 5-3 had we not treated wk 17 as a preseason game. Hell, Allen went 6-2 after the first 8 weeks. Everyone rags on Allen's completion percentage at the end of the year. What would Darnold's have been had he played the Pats the second time in Foxborough?

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never heard of a head coach not talking to the time at halftime. That’s weird.  Gase is weird.  He seems antisocial. 

 

 

OK, but why does this guy keep going on and on bad mouthing the organization?  We get it, he wants out.

 

But he signed a contract that made him a millionaire.  It gets a bit old hearing millionaire man-children entertainers telling us endlessly how bad their situations are.

 

There aren't many jobs where, with a very limited skill set, you can become fabulously wealthy, publicly crap on your boss and company owner....and still get paid.

 

It's a game.  Man up and go play it.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bss said:

Wouldnt even call him an above average OC. Not counting when he had Peyton Manning who is basically his own offensive coordinator, his offenses have ranked 21st, 24th, 25th, 31st, and 32nd 

Yea I was never a fan of Gase and I am floored that he got a HC job. I didn’t realize Gase was that bad as a OC but I never liked him anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But he did so well in Miami!

 

I laughed when the Jets hired him. No surprise that Gase is still a dud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never heard of a head coach not talking to the time at halftime. That’s weird.  Gase is weird.  He seems antisocial. 

 

He is self absorbed. He would rather internalise his sulking rather than talk to his team. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

OK, but why does this guy keep going on and on bad mouthing the organization?  We get it, he wants out.

 

But he signed a contract that made him a millionaire.  It gets a bit old hearing millionaire man-children entertainers telling us endlessly how bad their situations are.

 

There aren't many jobs where, with a very limited skill set, you can become fabulously wealthy, publicly crap on your boss and company owner....and still get paid.

 

It's a game.  Man up and go play it.

 

He can be right about Gase and still a prat for coming out and saying it publicly to try and force a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

He is self absorbed. He would rather internalise his sulking rather than talk to his team. 

This^^^ I remember that debacle in Miami where he's sitting on the bench by himself just staring at his pad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

This^^^ I remember that debacle in Miami where he's sitting on the bench by himself just staring at his pad

 

He does it regularly. I have seen assistant coaches actually go over to him and try to get him to engage with his players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

He is self absorbed. He would rather internalise his sulking rather than talk to his team. 

 

He can be right about Gase and still a prat for coming out and saying it publicly to try and force a move.

 

 

Did he change anyone's opinion of Gase with that little  "I need a Daddy when the game is hard and Gase won't be that Daddy" nugget?

 

Who's impression of Gase was tainted by that?  It's such a weak complaint anyway.  Can you imagine Ed Reed making such a comment, even in private, to anyone?  Or Ronnie Lott?  Ever?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

He does it regularly. I have seen assistant coaches actually go over to him and try to get him to engage with his players. 

Could you imagine if Buddy Ryan was his DC? He punched out Gilbride for garbage playcalling, no telling what he'd do to Gase

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

 

Some coaches get the most out of their players like McDermott and some coaches don't. Gase appears to be in the latter group of coaches...which is why the Jets will never be a threat while he is their coach.

 

If you think leadership doesn't matter you couldn't be more wrong. Great leaders inspire, poor ones demoralize.


Great Leadsrship is fine.  A nice sprinkle on top.  But if your QB doesn’t hit the WR on 4th and 2...then leadership goes right out the window.

 

many a great “leaders” have been quickly dispatched because their players couldn’t make it happen when it needed to happen on the field.

 

how many times do players say “I love that guy” or “great leader” the day the team releases him?
 

I mean...Coach McDermott is a good leader.  But in his first year he isn’t a playoff coach if not for a phantom pass interference in the INDY/Blizzard game and or the Dalton TD pass.  Either of those go the other way...his leadership isn’t counting for much in the W/L column 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Did he change anyone's opinion of Gase with that little  "I need a Daddy when the game is hard and Gase won't be that Daddy" nugget?

 

Who's impression of Gase was tainted by that?  It's such a weak complaint anyway.  Can you imagine Ed Reed making such a comment, even in private, to anyone?  Or Ronnie Lott?  Ever?

 

No. But nobody is arguing that. 

 

He is right about Gase even if it is a crappy way of going about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:


Great Leadsrship is fine.  A nice sprinkle on top.  But if your QB doesn’t hit the WR on 4th and 2...then leadership goes right out the window.

 

many a great “leaders” have been quickly dispatched because their players couldn’t make it happen when it needed to happen on the field.

 

how many times do players say “I love that guy” or “great leader” the day the team releases him?
 

I mean...Coach McDermott is a good leader.  But in his first year he isn’t a playoff coach if not for a phantom pass interference in the INDY/Blizzard game and or the Dalton TD pass.  Either of those go the other way...his leadership isn’t counting for much in the W/L column 

 

You could point to 10 instances a game of that happening. The Bills were on the wrong side of those calls too many times for 17 years. Funny that in his first year we suddenly are on the "right" side and that happened even as we jettisoned talented yet "wrong people on the bus" types out of here and everyone in the media said we were trying to tank intentionally.

 

You just don't get that everything leading up to that 4th and 2 play you talked about has to do with leadership...players preparation, willingness to do what's right, film study, accountability, etc...those all play huge parts in the success and failure of plays during a game. Did the player spend all night studying film so he notices tendencies and has an advantage over the defenders or did he say "F it...who cares, I am going out with my boys"? That stuff matters...a lot more than you are willing to admit.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

No. But nobody is arguing that. 

 

He is right about Gase even if it is a crappy way of going about it. 


He isn’t revealing anything new about Gase though.  He’s just whining.  How does he think this will advance his cause to be on another team?

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:


Great Leadsrship is fine.  A nice sprinkle on top.  But if your QB doesn’t hit the WR on 4th and 2...then leadership goes right out the window.

 

many a great “leaders” have been quickly dispatched because their players couldn’t make it happen when it needed to happen on the field.

 

how many times do players say “I love that guy” or “great leader” the day the team releases him?
 

I mean...Coach McDermott is a good leader.  But in his first year he isn’t a playoff coach if not for a phantom pass interference in the INDY/Blizzard game and or the Dalton TD pass.  Either of those go the other way...his leadership isn’t counting for much in the W/L column 

I mean... he also didn’t have much talent on that team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

 

You could point to 10 instances a game of that happening. The Bills were on the wrong side of those calls too many times for 17 years. Funny that in his first year we suddenly are on the "right" side and that happened even as we jettisoned talented yet "wrong people on the bus" types out of here and everyone in the media said we were trying to tank intentionally.

 

You just don't get that everything leading up to that 4th and 2 play you talked about has to do with leadership...players preparation, willingness to do what's right, film study, accountability, etc...those all play huge parts in the success and failure of plays during a game. Did the player spend all night studying film so he notices tendencies and has an advantage over the defenders or did he say "F it...who cares, I am going out with my boys"? That stuff matters...a lot more than you are willing to admit.

 

 

If I need the coach to make sure the players care about their jobs...and putting in the all night studying..we got the wrong players and poor scouting GM department.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:


He isn’t revealing anything new about Gase though.  He’s just whining.  How does he think this will advance his cause to be on another team?

I think other teams will look side eyed at his bashing of the head coach but then i also think his agent will say “he’s just trying to get traded, he won’t be like that with you”  etc 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did he change anyone's opinion of Gase with that little  "I need a Daddy when the game is hard and Gase won't be that Daddy" nugget?

 

Who's impression of Gase was tainted by that?  It's such a weak complaint anyway.  Can you imagine Ed Reed making such a comment, even in private, to anyone?  Or Ronnie Lott?  Ever?

 

I'm pretty sure he didn't do this interview to change anyone's opinion about Gase.

 

He took a flamethrower to the team to force the team to trade him...to have them wake up today and say to each other, "We can't go into the season with this mouth." That's it in a nutshell.

 

And for what it's worth, let me be clear: I detest players who use the media to move their side of negotiations, especially when the player has a particularly willing partner like the NY sports media. You keep stuff like this behind closed doors. But this wasn't a simple comment like "I may not show up to camp." This wasn't Adams just burning a bridge. This is Adams burning a bridge, swimming back over, dropping napalm on the remains of the bridge, swimming back over again and slitting the throat of anything that could have possibly survived the napalm.

 

Not sure how the Jets keep him after this, which is why (I think) he did it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...