This is sickening

Nancy Pelosi and Democrats have it exactly wrong on feds vs. protesters in Portland

by Rich Lowry

Original Article

If only mobs were allowed to destroy federal property without consequence. Then, there wouldn’t have to be any dispute over federal agents defending a federal courthouse in Portland, Ore.; it could simply be over-run and burned to the ground with no unwelcome resistance from the government.

As it is, Portland’s mayor, Ted Wheeler, who presides over a city that has become a watchword over the years for left-wing thuggery unchecked by municipal authorities, has roused himself to a state of high dudgeon — over federal officers trying to counter ongoing assaults on a federal building.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

@Teddy KGB Can you come bring the puppy back to the sandbox? He's shitting all over the place here and we just got a new rug. It really ties the room together.

I can’t help you.    He blocks me every other week as he melts down whenever someone doesn’t “like” his 18 straight copy pasted anti trump shouts on a football website ?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-rand-paul-breaks-trump-over-portland-cannot-give-liberty-security-1519204

Republican Rand Paul Breaks With Trump Over Portland: 'Cannot Give Up Liberty for Security'

I agree with this.  See how easy that is to disagree with Donald Trump?

These democrat voters unfortunately need to learn a hard lesson.  When you vote for Communists, you get life under Communism.  That means hard-handed, authoritarian life for the law abiding while the troops do the dirty work and make life even more miserable.  The blue states and cities that have been blue for generations are learning the hard way what happens when you vote for comrades like De Blasio, et. al.

In other words, let these places burn and take care let them rebuild on their own.

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Does protecting a federal courthouse include knocking out a bicyclist?

Read your own post.

That was Portland Police.

And you don't have ANY idea why they were after him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Got him!  That was good heads up form tacking.

Maybe this could be the filler sport we need until the NFL can get back on it's feet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

So you are against law and order, which means you are an anarchist

I am against cops taking out a bicyclist like Terry Tate, yes. If the bicyclist is guilty of a crime, there are other ways to apprehend the suspect.

What law did the bicyclist break that required that excessive use of force?

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Longer clip. Where they're announcing people will be arrested by force if they are there. Totally justified. Especially for this guy riding back and forth looking for trouble.

• Thank you (+1) 6

INDEED: Portland’s Pottery Barn Rule: If a mayor won’t stop violence in his city, why should Trump let him off the hook?

Exhibit A is Portland, Ore. Like many American cities, Portland has been consumed by protests. This is an overwhelmingly white city—African-Americans make up less than 6% of the population—run by a progressive white mayor, Ted Wheeler. In the Portland context he may be the moderate: his rival in the coming election is a woman who has said, “I am Antifa.” . . .

It’s not lack of resources that keeps such mayors from maintaining order. It’s lack of will. As South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott pointed out after Democrats sank his crime bill, the communities suffering most from the urban unrest “have been run by Democrats for decades. Decades.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Kissing Don's ass every day as he abuses his power and breaks the law.   

It is shameful actually 

The Insurrection Act of 1807 give the President the authority to activate the National Guard or US military domestically under prescribed circumstances.

Initially, the law required the request of the states governor to put down an insurrection against state or federal law, however After the Civil War the law was amended to grant the Federal Government unilateral authority to act, assuming that the state is refusing to protect the Constitutionally protected rights of its citizens.

There are miles of precedent for the President’s application of the law, including in 1957 when Eisenhower used it to integrate Arkansas schools Against the wishes of the Governor.

The President isn’t doing anything illegal.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I agree with this.  See how easy that is to disagree with Donald Trump?

Except he's wrong.  Federal property means federal jurisdiction means federal police.  Kind of like how FPS protects the social security admin building in my city instead of the city PD and Capitol Police protects Congress instead of Metro PD.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Longer clip. Where they're announcing people will be arrested by force if they are there. Totally justified. Especially for this guy riding back and forth looking for trouble.

Let's guess which clip gets run a hundred time by the MSM today???

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Except he's wrong.  Federal property means federal jurisdiction means federal police.  Kind of like how FPS protects the social security admin building in my city instead of the city PD and Capitol Police protects Congress instead of Metro PD.

Let me rephrase.

I think the president has every authority to do what he's doing, I just wouldn't do it if I were him.  I would let these cities burn and rot and let them deal with it on their own.  You elect clowns for mayors and governors, then you get a circus.

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

What law did the bicyclist break that required that excessive use of force?

Jaywalking. Portland PD doesn't ***** around with safely crossing streets.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I thought he might have been speeding.

Speeding while jaywalking while riding a self propelled apparatus where self propelled apparatuses are restricted gets you speared. Goldberg would approve wholeheartedly.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What other Federal property is there in Portland?

Protect the court house alone ! 

Are all of the Trump Properties Federal property? 

Why is there a police presence outside of Trump hotels in NY, Chicago and DC?  

Why is the bridge on Wabash raised to make a "moat" around Trump Tower in Chicago?? 

To keep scum like you away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What other Federal property is there in Portland?

Protect the court house alone ! 

Are all of the Trump Properties Federal property? 

Why is there a police presence outside of Trump hotels in NY, Chicago and DC?  

Why is the bridge on Wabash raised to make a "moat" around Trump Tower in Chicago?? 

Well the cops outside Trump Tower in NYC are there to protect the BLM paint, fwiw...

• Thank you (+1) 3

I pity you sad sacks that can do nothing but insult people.

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

To keep scum like you away.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well the cops outside Trump Tower in NYC are there to protect the BLM paint, fwiw...

LOL  come on man.  OK then explain DC and Chicago? What are those excuses? 

Commie anarchistic liberal scum democrats?  

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Don't know anything about police presence at either. How many are at each? Are they local, federal, or private security? 

And come on? Come on, what? I showed you why 24 officers and 3 sergeants are allocated daily to the front of Trump tower in NYC. And they are local police, not federal officers. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I pity you sad sacks that can do nothing but insult people.

Ever think that they are off duty cops working extra duty? You know, like thousands of other businesses pay cops for? You really aren’t that bright. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Don't know anything about police presence at either. How many are at each? Are they local, federal, or private security? 

And come on? Come on, what? I showed you why 24 officers and 3 sergeants are allocated daily to the front of Trump tower in NYC. And they are local police, not federal officers. 

Google is your friend

the police have been guarding the NY property for years.

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Google is your friend

the police have been guarding the NY property for years.

Google told me that police were outside Trump tower in Chicago on June 1 because of a large protest. Google told me that the police union in DC held their holiday party at Trump's hotel in 2019. We've already gone over why the police are currently outside Trump tower in NYC. 

34 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Google told me that police were outside Trump tower in Chicago on June 1 because of a large protest. Google told me that the police union in DC held their holiday party at Trump's hotel in 2019. We've already gone over why the police are currently outside Trump tower in NYC. 

and a poster here told me they were still there 2 days ago ...  

OK let me expound ...  I was informed by a poster who lives in Chicago that there is still a police presence there.  

Maybe it was because of Don's treat to send Federal troops to Democratic run cities.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Disgrace of Portland

by Rich Lowrey

For months, Democratic authorities have tacitly endorsed violent riots.

If only mobs were allowed to destroy federal property without consequence.

Then, there wouldn’t have to be any dispute over federal agents defending a federal courthouse in Portland, Ore. It could simply be overrun and burned to the ground with no unwelcome resistance.

As it is, Portland’s mayor, Ted Wheeler, who presides over a city that has become a watchword over the years for left-wing thuggery unchecked by municipal authorities, has roused himself to state of high dudgeon — over federal officers trying to counter ongoing assaults on a federal building

He calls the feds “a direct threat to our democracy” and argues that they are engaging in unconstitutional arrests and inflaming protests that he had hoped “would end within a matter of days.”

Oregon senator Ron Wyden had this coolheaded take on the president and his acting secretary of Homeland Security: “Now Trump and Chad Wolf are weaponizing the DHS as their own occupying army to provoke violence on the streets of my hometown because they think it plays well with right-wing media.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nationalreview.com ...

• Like (+1) 1