72 NFL Players Were Diagnosed with COVID

cd1

3, 2, 1... ? 

10 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

no parade down delaware

no hugs and high fives with strangers

and forever tainted with the asterisk of covid

I guess the question now is if I even want this to be the season the Bills finally win a superbowl :(

Why not. It's not like a Patriot cheating scandal. If we win, I will still be happy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The hard part about this is all of the talk about immunity to the virus after you catch it and how the immunity might only last like 6 months.  If guys get this now, there is a possibility they could get it again during the same season.  

If it was like a life-time immunity after catching the virus, and you're playing a contact sport with lots of close contact with people in locker rooms, team plane, meeting rooms, etc. you'd almost think to yourself "hey, I'm probably going to catch it, might as well catch it now so I can play in the fall".  But it seems, unfortunately, you can get the virus multiple times.

Edited by Johnnycage46

23 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

no parade down delaware

no hugs and high fives with strangers

and forever tainted with the asterisk of covid

I guess the question now is if I even want this to be the season the Bills finally win a superbowl :(

I would gladly accept hugs and high-fives from anyone if we win the SB.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well, see they did have the worst numbers. Then we quarantined, and now we don't. This is known as mitigation

Florida did not quarantine. Florida alone has more cases than several countries. This is known as a cluster****

New York has had the worst numbers in the country since this began and it isn't even close.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well, see they did have the worst numbers. Then we quarantined, and now we don't. This is known as mitigation

Florida did not quarantine. Florida alone has more cases than several countries. This is known as a cluster****

It's known as herd immunity, haha.

And did you hear the CDC say that Florida got bad from everyone on the east taking vacations to Florida and bringing the disease with them?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc-chief-says-northerners-heading-south-for-vacation-may-be-to-blame-for-surge-in-coronavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

Edited by MJS

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yep, China is exactly what you say.

Even though it originated in China and they have WAY more people than we do, they have been relatively unaffected. Pretty strange. 4,600 deaths vs over 140,000 in the US.

Or they are just not honest in how they are reporting the data.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I live on Long Island.

We are actually handling it pretty well here.

Too much partying ...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/long-island-covid-surge-stems-from-july-4th-parties-with-no-social-distancing-masks-official/2516464/

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

New York has had the worst numbers in the country since this began and it isn't even close.

"had" being the operative word, how are we doing now?  NY's numbers hit when we knew nothing about the virus. Because of its international airports it hit there first. With their population density, it spread quickly. In time NY figured it out with next to no help from the feds. These other states had waaaaay more warning and time to prepare than NY did and they wasted it. NY's crisis hit when the equipment shortages were at their worst and there was no time to fix it. Do you think that other states did something special early on that NY didn't that caused their numbers to be lower in March and April while NY's soared? If so, I'd love to hear what it was and please add in an explanation as to why whatever magic they were using before is suddenly not working now? A fine finish would be to explain why on earth it gets you anywhere to make the point that NY got hit so badly. What is your point? If you prove that NY was awful, does that excuse what is happening in Texas and Florida? Should those states not learn from what worked and did not work in NY? Or is your only point to "own the libs" or some other political bs that has no place in the middle of a pandemic? 

• Like (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Everywhere on the planet that didn't have a clueless, self-serving, populist dingbat running the show.  

this lazy narrative is annoying to me. And I’m not R or D...  On one hand the liberal state governors are applauded for their actions and Btw are saying the fed has no authority and will not tell states what to do even though those states have been astronomically impacted anyway. 

But then on the other hand the fed gov is all to blame for the current state of this pandemic cases count and death toll. 

tell me how both can be true? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I don't personally blame any politician or local leader for the measures taken in the US. I think most have been doing the best they can (including the president) and a lot of people are judging using hindsight. Mistakes were made, but it's not surprising that mistakes were made given the situation and the lack of knowledge we were all dealing with.

But yeah, everything from China appears to be quite fishy. And we shouldn't trust what claims they are making regarding COVID-19.

So what is the reason why so much of the country is doing so badly compared to Germany and just about everywhere else in Europe?  If this is the best they can do, we are $*@#ed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this lazy narrative is annoying to me. And I’m not R or D...  On one hand the liberal state governors are applauded for their actions and Btw are saying the fed has no authority and will not tell states what to do.

But then on the other hand the fed gov is all to blame for the current state of this pandemic cases count and death toll. 

tell me how both can be true? 

Bingo. The pandemic has been politicized unlike anything I have ever seen.

Never let a crisis go to waste...

46 minutes ago, Mickey said:

So what is the reason why so much of the country is doing so badly compared to Germany and just about everywhere else in Europe?  If this is the best they can do, we are $*@#ed.

Belgium, UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and France all have a higher rate of death (deaths per 1 million population) than the US.

So I don't know how true that is. Seems more like a scale issue to me. But the US has been hit hard.

Edited by MJS