Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Because your union has paid tens of millions in bribes to Democratic lawmakers.....duh

I know you aren't attacking me but in FL info not have to join the union, I would if it was not so political, but right now they work for me about 25% of the time

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That didn’t take long... 

Georgia second grader tests positive for coronavirus after first day of school, forcing class to quarantine

Thank you Trump voters for voting in the most incompetent and corrupt admin in our lifetime

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29xfhd4ajwesppp509ne

Trump and a few people here a re stupid. You actually have people saying kids cant get infected or even that kids cant pass to adults. I mean the level of stupidity is insane and Trump is behind all of it. These people believe their President but he gets everything wrong and twitter doesn't help, we have elderly people in this forum posting fake tweets and thinking they are real.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Trump and a few people here a re stupid. You actually have people saying kids cant get infected or even that kids cant pass to adults. I mean the level of stupidity is insane and Trump is behind all of it. These people believe their President but he gets everything wrong and twitter doesn't help, we have elderly people in this forum posting fake tweets and thinking they are real.

Trump isn't your president? You're not American?

29 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Adult, child, dog cat, monkey, doesn't matter. Your chance of dying from kung flu is very small.

image.thumb.png.f0a13d6feffe07f632e356f3024de27a.png

11 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Adult, child, dog cat, monkey, doesn't matter. Your chance of dying from kung flu is very small.

Just to give you a little perspective:

The American Heart Association reports that cardiovascular disease was the leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2019 with approximately 850,000 deaths.  If we take the American population at 330 million the rate is 0.2% or about what it is with Covid.  I don't think anyone denies cardiovascular disease is a real health problem in our country, and it has the abou the same mortality rate as Covid.

Do you not think cardiovascular disease is a problem?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

yes it's a problem, but t is not contagious, and is avoidable.

My point is that kung flu is not a death sentence, most people have little to no symptoms.

28 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Stop with your stupid *****.

35 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Trump isn't your president? You're not American?

Cool trolling in PPP typical idiot move.

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

yes it's a problem, but t is not contagious, and is avoidable.

My point is that kung flu is not a death sentence, most people have little to no symptoms.

and the death rate for children is about 1 in a 1,000, more kids will die from the flu then covid 19, yet schools stay open during flu season

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

What are the long term effects post infection? We know that? 

Or um, too soon?

Oh so now that we slowed the spread and didn't overwhelm ICUs , cases are dropping along with deaths we have to scare people with long term effects.

My guess the long term effects are the same as the flu.

If you can provide any data stating otherwise please do.

Still no reason to keep Americans as prisoners. We can live our lives and fight the disease at the same time.

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Oh so now that we slowed the spread and didn't overwhelm ICUs , cases are dropping along with deaths we have to scare people with long term effects.

This is the time when BIllstime explains that no one would be worried about the long term effects if only Trump followed Cuomo's lead and sent everyone to certain death in the nursing homes. More deaths means less people with long term effects!

Leftist logic! It's all the rage!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Just to give you a little perspective:

The American Heart Association reports that cardiovascular disease was the leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2019 with approximately 850,000 deaths.  If we take the American population at 330 million the rate is 0.2% or about what it is with Covid.  I don't think anyone denies cardiovascular disease is a real health problem in our country, and it has the abou the same mortality rate as Covid.

While cardiovascular annual deaths are at .257%, if we end up with 200,000 covid deaths we'll be at .061%. It seems like yes, there is a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Compared to your projections of 850,000 people dying of Covid?

Where did I say that?  We don't know what the ultimate number dead will be.  because people aren't using mitigating strategies across the board and in the absence of a vaccine or effective preventive drugs  right now it continues to press on.  Thank Go for the excellent health care providers in the tenches

As an aside, if the only way you can debate is to simply make crap up that you claim people said and throw it our there like manure I won't waste my time with you anymore.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Where did I say that?  We don't know what the ultimate number dead will be.  because people aren't using mitigating strategies across the board and in the absence of a vaccine or effective preventive drugs  right now it continues to press on.  Thank Go for the excellent health care providers in the tenches

As an aside, if the only way you can debate is to simply make crap up that you claim people said and throw it our there like manure I won't waste my time with you anymore.

Now you've gone and done it. You said that the death rate for cardiovascular patients was about the same as the death rates for Covid. You then went on to say that there are approximately 850,000 cardiovascular deaths per year. I used your figure and clearly speculated on the figure for Covid deaths. Was I wrong in stating that you must have figured on 850,000 Covid deaths if the death rate was going to be similar between Cardiovascular deaths and Covid deaths? It's odd that you would call my claims manure when I got the information I used from you.

I’m a Nurse in New York. Teachers Should Do Their Jobs, Just Like I Did. Schools are essential to the functioning of our society, and that makes teachers essential workers.

So I can understand that teachers are nervous about returning to school. But they should take a cue from their fellow essential workers and do their job. Even people who think there’s a fundamental difference between a nurse and a teacher in a pandemic must realize that there isn’t one between a grocery-store worker and a teacher, in terms of obligation. People who work at grocery stores in no way signed up to expose themselves to disease, but we expected them to go to work, and they did. If they had not, society would have collapsed. What do teachers think will happen if working parents cannot send their children to school? Life as we know it simply will not go on.

When some of my husband’s students told him that they had continued working as cashiers throughout the spring and summer, he said, “Wow, that’s so courageous of you.” He feels that he doesn’t really have anything to show for himself, and he looks forward to the time when he will. Now, contemplating the possibility of teachers striking, he says, “Bowing out wouldn’t be a good example to set for our students.”

Or maybe teachers aren’t essential. But is that the message they want to send?

The currrent combination of entitlement, politicization, and greed isn’t a good look, especially for an industry that’s facing technological disruption.

UPDATE: In show of ‘resistance,’ teachers unions demand police-free schools, moratorium on voucher programs. They also want a suspension of charter schools and a new tax on billionaires. 

***** this. Fire them all and give the money to parents. You think that won’t be more popular than giving it to teachers and educrats?

• Like (+1) 1

I 100% respect all hospital workers and the stress they are expected to deal with. People in the medical field on some level know, or should know that they will be caring for contagious people who are carrying potentially deadly diseases.  Teachers just want to teach.

Teachers are in a much different situation.

Almost all schools have poor ventilation. Teachers will not be provided N95 masks while being asked to stay in the same room with other adults and children for hours upon hours. Children will be sent to school sick and coughing, and will not be picked up even when parents are called. Teachers will be expected to be their own disinfecting crew at the end of the day. No testing is currently in place or required. Students will not socially distance or keep masks on.

It is possible to return to school if these issues are dealt with.

Let’s not throw society’s failings onto teachers or say that they are whimping out.

@B-Man - how many school aged kids do you have?

Edited by BillStime

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I 100% respect all hospital workers and the stress they are expected to deal with. People in the medical field on some level know, or should know that they will be caring for contagious people who are carrying potentially deadly diseases.  Teachers just want to teach.

Teachers are in a much different situation.

Almost all schools have poor ventilation. Teachers will not be provided N95 masks while being asked to stay in the same room with other adults and children for hours upon hours. Children will be sent to school sick and coughing, and will not be picked up even when parents are called. Teachers will be expected to be their own disinfecting crew at the end of the day. No testing is currently in place or required. Students will not socially distance or keep masks on.

It is possible to return to school if these issues are dealt with.

Let’s not throw society’s failings onto teachers or say that they are whimping out.

@B-Man - how many school aged kids do you have?

How many do you have? Please tell us that you have no children and your line will die with you.

• Like (+1) 1

The Lefties follow science...................unless they don't want to.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:24 PM, B-Man said:

2 days ago - "School closures have disrupted normal ways of life for children and parents, and they have had negative health consequences on our youth.

News Release | July 15, 2020 ... Opening schools will benefit families beyond providing education, including by supplying child care, school services, meals, ...

On 7/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, B-Man said:

New CDC guidelines come down hard in favor of opening schools

By Maggie Fox and Nick Valencia, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/cdc-coronavirus-school-guidelines-new/index.html

No one who brays about "follow science" should argue with the reopening.

But they still do.

because they are dishonest posters.

Edited by B-Man

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just saw something on Twitter than NY is going to open schools.

Waiting for verification.

ZEL59S2l_bigger.jpeg

BREAKING: Gov Cuomo says NYS schools will be OPEN statewide for in-person learning #nbc4ny

Cuomo gives green light to reopen all schools in New York

WHECTV
Updated: August 07, 2020 11:53 AM
Created: August 07, 2020 11:20 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo has answered the question every parent, student, teacher, and school administrator has been asking for months: Will school reopen this fall?

The governor announced Friday he would allow children statewide to return to classrooms for the start of the new school year, citing the state’s success in battling the coronavirus pandemic. The announcement clears the way for schools to offer at least some days of in-person classes, alongside remote learning. 

"Everywhere in the state, every region is below the threshold that we established,” Cuomo said during a conference call with reporters. “If there’s a spike in the infection rate, if there’s a matter of concern in the infection rate, then we can revisit."

In July, Cuomo set an infection rate trigger tied to the percentage of total tests in a region that come back positive for the coronavirus: less than 5% for opening schools and 9% for shutting them down. 

As of Friday morning, the infection rate in Rochester and the Finger Lakes region is 0.7%. 

Nearly 700 school districts across New York state had to submit its reopening plans to the state Department of Education by July 31.

• Like (+1) 1