Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
major

Will NFL be 7 on 7 football this year?

Recommended Posts

Chase Daniel cryptically tweeted on July 1 that “Many more changes coming & that season will not be recognizable that’s for sure”. You think NFL does 7 on 7 (tackle or flag)? 

3F92C828-5AE2-4DC6-92FC-94596C888213.jpeg

  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is where i may stop watching for the season.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends? How many Mississippi’s before you can rush the QB?

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is the case then just cancel the season.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mango said:

It depends? How many Mississippi’s before you can rush the QB?

For Tampa bay, I’m sure they’d make you do 40 Mississippi’s before going after Brady 

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there are if you include practice squad roughly 2000 players, and this is the only one who spills we could be looking at something sweeping like 7 on 7, flag, whatever.  How about maybe he is referring to headsets in all the players, no huddling, long sleeve under armor shirts, face shields, mandatory gloves, and so on.  Someone like Schaffer would announce if things were sweepingly changing.  This is much ado about nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, major said:

For Tampa bay, I’m sure they’d make you do 40 Mississippi’s before going after Brady 

 

On my street growing up, a QB could take off after that. Works in Josh's benefit. Send everybody streaking down field, after 40 mississippis, he would have nothing but open field. 

Another important question. 2 completions for a first down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don't call it an "NFL season," don't let the stats count and don't call the championship game the Super Bowl.  

 

This would be nothing but a series of exhibition games.

 

Ain't gone be no football.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May not be any NFL football of any type.

 

We'll hit 4,000,000 Covid19 cases in USA by end of July alone, and this thing is just getting revved up now.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mango said:

It depends? How many Mississippi’s before you can rush the QB?

and 1 no count blitz per series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just don't call it an "NFL season," don't let the stats count and don't call the championship game the Super Bowl.  

 

This would be nothing but a series of exhibition games.

 

Ain't gone be no football.

 

Not the worst idea ever actually. What if you just had a season long series of the old pro bowl skills competition. That could be the best/only solution to football this year. Sled Push, get one of those Cobra Kai wooden limbed dummies for hand technique for offensive and defensive linemen. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mango said:

It depends? How many Mississippi’s before you can rush the QB?

The Patriots will inevitably use “Maine” instead of “Mississippi” to gain that “competitive edge.”

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Patriots will inevitably use “Maine” instead of “Mississippi” to gain that “competitive edge.”

Bill O'Brien will use "The District of Columbia."

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they delay the start of the season, remove fans for the year, hopefully develop some PPE for the players, as well as enforce strict rules during the season as it pertains to players going to mass gatherings that aren’t team related, the season will still be played. 
 

IF states simply crackdown on simple things like wearing a mask, social distancing, restrict large group activities, etc., for long enough (and don’t rush to be the first to re-open, Texas), then there is no reason for the rest of the states currently spiking to not to fall to the levels of New York, or better... It truly is bewildering how so many people and states as a whole, chose to politicize a pandemic rather than take heed to the ugly reality of this virus playing out right in there own country as it ravaged NYC.  Dangerous times when people prioritize political ideologies over the general health and well being of themselves and most importantly, their fellow person.  
 

However those are some big IFs.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Bill O'Brien will use "The District of Columbia."

You win the internet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If this is the case then just cancel the season.

I would still love it.  It could be Friday night Tykes (great show) playing as nfl teams and I’d watch.  Any excuse to drink, eat unhealthy, and gamble is fine by me. 
 

but seriously, I think high school and younger will become much more 7 on 7 heavy.  No need to risk serious injury at a young age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, major said:

Chase Daniel cryptically tweeted on July 1 that “Many more changes coming & that season will not be recognizable that’s for sure”. You think NFL does 7 on 7 (tackle or flag)? 

3F92C828-5AE2-4DC6-92FC-94596C888213.jpeg


can you imagine Lamar Jackson playing in a 7 v 7 game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go back to something I said early on; let's simulate the season week by week, playing the actual schedule with the actual rosters, on Madden. Broadcasters can still do their jobs, it's entertainment, and it won't count at all except in our hearts. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

IF they delay the start of the season, remove fans for the year, hopefully develop some PPE for the players, as well as enforce strict rules during the season as it pertains to players going to mass gatherings that aren’t team related, the season will still be played. 
 

IF states simply crackdown on simple things like wearing a mask, social distancing, restrict large group activities, etc., for long enough (and don’t rush to be the first to re-open, Texas), then there is no reason for the rest of the states currently spiking to not to fall to the levels of New York, or better... It truly is bewildering how so many people and states as a whole, chose to politicize a pandemic rather than take heed to the ugly reality of this virus playing out right in there own country as it ravaged NYC.  Dangerous times when people prioritize political ideologies over the general health and well being of themselves and most importantly, their fellow person.  
 

However those are some big IFs.


Hey Doc, I live in one of the dumb states to reopen too early in FL, and now we are back to no bars open, masks everywhere, and so on.  I can only hope our cases start dropping like NYS.  I grew up in Buffalo, and went to Oswego for undergrad at least so over half my fraternity brothers were from downstate.  Makes me sick what happened to people in NYC, and a lot of my friends in medicine as I’m on the sales side, moved up there for a couple of months to help at the epicenter at least in the US.

 

As far as the politics and misinformation, it’s caused me to sparingly watch the news.  It’s just ridiculously confusing all of the stories changing each week, and turning a pandemic into a political argument.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...