If Trump loses and refuses to leave

29 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The only questions that matter to me are why everyone isn't horrified that Trump is a pathological liar that couldn't care less about the virus and why everyone doesn't understand that Trump is trying to undermine democracy.

And that’s why I included information dealing with election concerns in 2018.  This issue predated 2020 and the end of democracy according to kemp the lesser.  

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Hard to find a republican that isn't corrupt.

The GOP plays by a different set of rules.

They don't give a you know what. They're happy to disenfranchise voters, gerrymander, practice gross hypocrisy, etc. 

The Dems need to figure out that the way things have been done in the past doesn't matter anymore. They're battling a party that will do ANYTHING to cling on to its grip of power. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The DNC plays by a different set of rules.

They don't give a you know what. They're happy to disenfranchise voters, gerrymander, practice gross hypocrisy, etc. 

The GOP needs to figure out that the way things have been done in the past doesn't matter anymore. They're battling a party that will do ANYTHING to cling on to its grip of power. 

FIFY.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

The only questions that matter to me are why everyone isn't horrified that Trump is a pathological liar that couldn't care less about the virus and why everyone doesn't understand that Trump is trying to undermine democracy.

Trump is a liar.  Got it.  

What did Biden campaign on and say he would do about SCOTUS appointments, fracking, the filibuster, and pretty much everything else he's flipped and flopped on for 47 years.  Depends on his audience?  Was he asked about anything?  The Middle East?  Foreign interventions he supported?  

Sure dont vote for Trump because you think he's a liar.  

But if that's why you voted for Biden that's dumber then saying I voted for Biden bc Trump is racist.  Lol.  The most racist candidate was Biden.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Read something on Politico this morning about getting past Trump to Keith Richard's fight against heroin addiction.  Essentially what Richards did is he just refused to acknowledge the junkies around him, refused to be dragged down with them and refused to succumb to them urging him to take another snort.

While I get the Richards analogy, I would draw another one:  General Douglas MacArthur.  When MacArthur ignored orders from Truman, Truman finally said enough was enough and sent Ridgeway to Korea to relieve MacArthur.  And the uproar was terrific.  Congress had MacArthur come to give an address to the joint House and Senate.  The adoration was incredible; one Congressman even went so far as to exclaim that MacArthur was God in the flesh.  It was assumed he would be President, assumed that the war would be lost.  Truman was excoriated by the Congress, by the press, really by the people themselves. 

And what happened?  ridgeway turned the Korean conflict round by actually taking care of his troops, making sure they had essentials like boots and uniforms and food.  MacArthur went on the lecture tour to start what all assumed would be his presidential campaign, but became so increasingly strident and illogical that he fairly quickly was ignored by even his most ardent supporters.  Truman of course went on and decided not to run again, and history now looks back on him as one of the better presidents.

Trump is MacArthur.  He lost, he got fired, and as his ranting becomes more and more illogical he will become ignored just like MacArthur, just like the junkies around Keith Richards.

Ignore him and he'll fade away.

This is the sort of thing that brings me back and keeps me engaged. 

You read a piece comparing Keith Richard and his addiction battle to a President seeking relief in the courts after an election? 

In this story—the hero is a geriatric rock star, a person who lead a life of excess most could only dream of (if so inclined), who inexplicably voluntarily chose to dance with a drug notorious its addictive qualities, a guy who likely treated thousands of insecure people as jiz receptacles over his 60 years of fame, and who should have been dead by the mid 1960s?   He’s the noble fighter—fighting off those around him, refusing to succumb to his own desires and Trump the villain for waging a legal fight?  

Keith Richard is a dumb ass.  He lived hard, developed an addiction and lived the life of an addict thereafter.  That doesn’t make him a bad guy, he’s been incredibly successful playing music, but he’s just another addict dealing with addiction.  

The hero, if folks reading politico need such things, would be a rock star who chose not to shoot up a very dangerous drug in spite of the temptations all

around. 

Anyway, it explains why folks like Michael brown ascend to Sainthood after attempting to ***** the life of another citizen. Some people believe anything. 

As for MacArthur, where is the parallel with DJT pursing legal remedy?  Did you leave that part out?  

The better analogy is Al Gore.  If you’re right,  Trump will quickly fade away and be ignored but other than that, it’s an odd analogy. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the sort of thing that brings me back and keeps me engaged. 

You read a piece comparing Keith Richard and his addiction battle to a President seeking relief in the courts after an election? 

In this story—the hero is a geriatric rock star, a person who lead a life of excess most could only dream of (if so inclined), who inexplicably voluntarily chose to dance with a drug notorious its addictive qualities, a guy who likely treated thousands of insecure people as jiz receptacles over his 60 years of fame, and who should have been dead by the mid 1960s?   He’s the noble fighter—fighting off those around him, refusing to succumb to his own desires and Trump the villain for waging a legal fight?  

Keith Richard is a dumb ass.  He lived hard, developed an addiction and lived the life of an addict thereafter.  That doesn’t make him a bad guy, he’s been incredibly successful playing music, but he’s just another addict dealing with addiction.  

The hero, if folks reading politico need such things, would be a rock star who chose not to shoot up a very dangerous drug in spite of the temptations all

around. 

Anyway, it explains why folks like Michael brown ascend to Sainthood after attempting to ***** the life of another citizen. Some people believe anything. 

As for MacArthur, where is the parallel with DJT pursing legal remedy?  Did you leave that part out?  

The better analogy is Al Gore.  If you’re right,  Trump will quickly fade away and be ignored but other than that, it’s an odd analogy. 

I found the Richards thing intriguing, and it caused me to think about MacArthur.  I think the MacArthur parallel is more to the point than you.  The degree of adoration in Trump supporters is reminiscent of MacArthur.  This election is over, much like MacArthur’s command, but each of their supporters went through bouts of extreme hyperbole and denial.  I know you keep asking why he should not be allowed to address things through the legal system, but he has.  A number of times.  And to absolutely no avail.

Back during the Korean conflict it was critical that the idea of one Commander in Chief be upheld.  The same now.  We need to have an orderly transmission to the duly elected next Commander in Chief to assure the proper functioning of government.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I found the Richards thing intriguing, and it caused me to think about MacArthur.  I think the MacArthur parallel is more to the point than you.  The degree of adoration in Trump supporters is reminiscent of MacArthur.  This election is over, much like MacArthur’s command, but each of their supporters went through bouts of extreme hyperbole and denial.  I know you keep asking why he should not be allowed to address things through the legal system, but he has.  A number of times.  And to absolutely no avail.

Back during the Korean conflict it was critical that the idea of one Commander in Chief be upheld.  The same now.  We need to have an orderly transmission to the duly elected next Commander in Chief to assure the proper functioning of government.

I am only repeating what is true.  There is no requirement that Trump or his supporters submit simply because others want us to. 

If and when the time comes to transition, it will take place.  The government survived nearly 4 years of “Our prez is a Russian!”.  We’ll be fine. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, RochesterRob said:

You should go to the ER ASAP about that concussion that is obviously impairing your cognitive abilities.  

I know Mitch McConnel is probably more senile than concussed, but he said on Jan 20th there will be an "orderly transfer" of power on Jan 20th.  Game over!

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And that’s why I included information dealing with election concerns in 2018.  This issue predated 2020 and the end of democracy according to kemp the lesser.  

Your info addressed why so many people are willing to accept a pathological liar who could not care less that Americans are dropping like flies?

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Trump is a liar.  Got it.  

What did Biden campaign on and say he would do about SCOTUS appointments, fracking, the filibuster, and pretty much everything else he's flipped and flopped on for 47 years.  Depends on his audience?  Was he asked about anything?  The Middle East?  Foreign interventions he supported?  

Sure dont vote for Trump because you think he's a liar.  

But if that's why you voted for Biden that's dumber then saying I voted for Biden bc Trump is racist.  Lol.  The most racist candidate was Biden.  

That you believe that out of these two men, Biden is the liar and the racist, tells me that you're a liar and worse.

About 93% of black women voted for Biden, but you know better.

Edited by Kemp

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don’t see it happening. 

However, if it’s legal—and I question stories like this intended to rule up low information voters and overly emotional nimrods—-the process would be designed to do exactly the opposite of what you’re suggesting. He would not be overturning the election, he would simply be seeking the appropriate resolution to a hotly contested election.  We’re a nation of laws, and pursuit of a just outcome is reasonable even if you feel it kicks you in the niblets.

Credit to the author though for acknowledging what few here see as true, but what is obvious to the informed—Biden is the media president only at this point.  

It’s going to be an interesting couple weeks. 

19 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

President seeking relief in the courts after an election?

You really think that si what he is trying to do? He has been trying to rig this part of the election since the beginning of this year with the mail in voting bull####. Only problem he is having is his lawyers are actually not allowed to lie in the courts which is why his ***** keeps getting thrown out. 

The only person willing to be as corrupt as him is Rudy GIULIANI... Which is why he is finally screwed. He isn't doing this for some sort of justice thing...

Doesn't help all of his misleading tweets that make his followers do his dirty work so he can pretend like he is a "Good guy" getting the bad side of an election. In reality he is angry b.c his attempt at voter fraud didn't work out.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

However, if it’s legal—and I question stories like this intended to rule up low information voters and overly emotional nimrods—-the process would be designed to do exactly the opposite of what you’re suggesting. He would not be overturning the election, he would simply be seeking the appropriate resolution to a hotly contested election.  We’re a nation of laws, and pursuit of a just outcome is reasonable even if you feel it kicks you in the niblets.

Credit to the author though for acknowledging what few here see as true, but what is obvious to the informed—Biden is the media president only at this point.  

The election wasn't hotly contested.

In fact it wasn't contested at all by people who are living in reality.

Trump is now 1-25 in court. Without evidence, which he has none of, no logical person can actually think the election was contested. 

The results were clear as day.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If the state legislatures did something like is being described it would disenfranchise the voters, which is antithetical to a democratic form of government.

Trump's timeline is great...

So he tells all his republican cult followers "Don't vote by mail" he did that so he can in the case of him losing commit voter fraud by trying and having those votes be not counted in the election. 

Come election day the in person votes counted first, after that the mail in ballots were counted (this was wanted by Trump and he knew how the votes would be counted)

The day after once the mail in ballots started getting counted he begins losing b.c the democrats are catching up all b.c of paragraph 1..

Trump than executes his plan of saying mail in ballots are not legal and calling fraud.

The only problem with the last part is he didn't expect his lawyers to not lie for him in the courts. So what ended up happening is the court cases all got thrown out b.c the lawyers refused to lie for Trump and risk getting in major trouble.

In comes Rudy GIULIANI, a corrupt little man who is willing to get in Trump's bed of corruption b.c Trump is paying the guy a ***** ton of money that was donated by Trumpies.

The best part is all of this is documented and in the end all Trump is doing is hurting this country.

The judges that ruled against Trump were mostly republican and they put the law above their political side.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If the state legislatures did something like is being described it would disenfranchise the voters, which is antithetical to a democratic form of government.

A lot of Trump supporters are proud to say they don't live in a Democracy, and that they live in a Republic.

They fundamentally don't believe that a majority should rule, which makes it easier I think for them to gravitate towards an autocrat-type politician like Trump because ultimately they don't believe in Democracy anyways. All they care about is being in power, and forcing their grossly unpopular ideas down peoples throats. 

Edit: In all seriousness, if Trump announced today that he was throwing Joe Biden in jail, and announced himself the winner of the election and that he'd stay in power indefinitely and that no elections would be held in 4 years for President, I think a rather large portion of Trump's base would be totally fine with that plan. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Edit: In all seriousness, if Trump announced today that he was throwing Joe Biden in jail, and announced himself the winner of the election and that he'd stay in power indefinitely and that no elections would be held in 4 years for President, I think a rather large portion of Trump's base would be totally fine with that plan. 

Unquestionably. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Im honestly curious...what grossly unpopular ideas do you think that Republicans support? 

Not allowing abortion, not supporting marriage equality, not supporting medicare for all. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

Unquestionably. 

Right. And I think Trump knows this.

I think the longer he hides in his basement trying to rile up his supporters I think the more dangerous he becomes to democracy in the US. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Not allowing abortion, not supporting marriage equality, not supporting medicare for all. 

Yikes! At least I know where you’re coming from. I think you’d find that most Republicans voters (not office holders) are actually more concerned with limiting the size of government than all other issues combined. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes! At least I know where you’re coming from. I think you’d find that most Republicans voters (not office holders) are actually more concerned with limiting the size of government than all other issues combined. 

I think you're wrong.

Republicans say they care about the size of government and government spending, but when they've been in power over the last 40 years the debt and spending have ballooned. Trump inherited a $500 billion dollar deficit and turned it into a $1.1 trillion dollar deficit in 3 years. Bush blew up the debt before him, and Reagan got the whole thing started back in the 80s.

Actions speak louder than words, and in this case it's pretty clear that GOP voters don't give a crap about the size of government or spending. 

They say they do, but really they want to ram their social beliefs down peoples throats even though in most cases at least two thirds of the country disagrees with them. 

The fact that Tea Party voters support Trump is one of the biggest hypocrisies of all time. It's almost like when the black guy they hated left the White House, the size of government and government spending didn't matter anymore. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

I think you're wrong.

Republicans say they care about the size of government and government spending, but when they've been in power over the last 40 years the debt and spending have ballooned. Trump inherited a $500 billion dollar deficit and turned it into a $1.1 trillion dollar deficit in 3 years. Bush blew up the debt before him, and Reagan got the whole thing started back in the 80s.

Actions speak louder than words, and in this case it's pretty clear that GOP voters don't give a crap about the size of government or spending. 

They say they do, but really they want to ram their social beliefs down peoples throats even though in most cases at least two thirds of the country disagrees with them. 

I agree with you on the spending for sure. 
But on the social issues we’ve had abortion for decades....and we now have same sex 

‘marriage’. So is this all about universal healthcare to you in 2021? Is that it? Will we be done then? 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree with you on the spending for sure. 
But on the social issues we’ve had abortion for decades....and we now have same sex 

‘marriage’. So is this all about universal healthcare to you in 2021? Is that it? Will we be done then? 

Dude, talk to me in a couple years after GOP Religious Zealots at the State level keep sending lawsuit after lawsuit to the supreme court trying to strike down abortion rights and marriage equality rights. 

And spending and size of government are essentially the same thing. The Tea Party whined and complained for 8 years about the deficit under Obama, and the day he was gone they shut up, and now support a guy who has cut taxes and ballooned spending when the economy was doing great. They support a guy who doubled the deficit in 3 years, without being in a major war, when the economy was great. 

Anyone with any financial sense would know that it's probably a good idea to save for a rainy day when you have your best years every fiscally. Pay down your debts, and get your fiscal house in order. Instead, Trump did the exact opposite, and the "Conservative" supporters loved him for it.

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Explain to me why my tax dollars should go to medical care for people who refuse to work?

Interestingly enough your tax dollars already do go to it. Nobody is denied care in America. My problem with universal healthcare is that I’ve yet to see a program run by the federal government that delivers services with any degree of efficiency and/or quality. Luckily I’m not a big consumer of healthcare...knock on wood. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Interestingly enough your tax dollars already do go to it. Nobody is denied care in America. My problem with universal healthcare is that I’ve yet to see a program run by the federal government that delivers services with any degree of efficiency and/or quality. Luckily I’m not a big consumer of healthcare...knock on wood. 

This is what doesn't make any sense.

You care about efficiency, but US healthcare literally costs at least double that of anywhere else in the developed world.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Dude, talk to me in a couple years after GOP Religious Zealots at the State level keep sending lawsuit after lawsuit to the supreme court trying to strike down abortion rights and marriage equality rights. 

And spending and size of government are essentially the same thing. The Tea Party whined and complained for 8 years about the deficit under Obama, and the day he was gone they shut up, and now support a guy who has cut taxes and ballooned spending when the economy was doing great.

Anyone with any financial sense would know that it's probably a good idea to save for a rainy day when you have your best years every fiscally. Pay down your debts, and get your fiscal house in order. Instead, Trump did the exact opposite, and the "Conservative" supporters loved him for it.

That’s honestly a decent debate and I thank you for engaging. However, I don’t think that’s what most Trump supporters were most enamored with. I don’t recall Trump mentioning gay marriage in the last four years, and it certainly wasn’t brought up in the campaign by ANYONE. Now... the economic policies are indeed interesting. It’s the age old debate of increasing taxes vs cutting spending. I don’t think either of us will see that debate end in our lifetime.

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is what doesn't make any sense.

You care about efficiency, but US healthcare literally costs at least double that of anywhere else in the developed world.

We can go around and around on that one. Bottom line cost is NOT the answer when you go to see your doctor. I’m going to guess that most people run TOWARDS the USA when they want to be cured, not AWAY from it towards other ‘developed’ countries....but I may be wrong.

Edited by SoCal Deek

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s honestly a decent debate and I thank you for engaging. However, I don’t think that’s what most Trump supporters were most enamored with. I don’t recall Trump mentioning gay marriage in the last four years, and it certainly wasn’t brought up in the campaign by ANYONE. Now... the economic policies are indeed interesting. It’s the age old debate of increasing taxes vs cutting spending. I don’t think either of us will see that debate end in our lifetime.

Fine. We can ignore marriage because he hasn't spoken about it, but abortion has been a reliable talking point. 

I honestly don't think you can win enough primaries and become nominee of the GOP without having a firm stance against abortion, which means it'll always be a talking point on the national stage. And like I said, I think there is a very real chance that Roe v Wade is challenged seriously now that there's a heavily tilted SC to the conservative side.

Regarding taxes, the GOP tax plans haven't changed in 40 years. Cut taxes for the rich, and rely on trickle down economics which have practically no evidence of actually working.

Since Reagan, the wealth gap between the rich and middle class has become a chasm, as the poor and middle class have been left to pick up a disproportionate share of the tax burden. Due to tax breaks for the rich, billionaires often pay less marginal tax than the average worker making $40k a year. 

At some point a Bernie Sanders type left wing politician is going to run, and win, and they're going to tax the hell out of the top 5% of earners in the US, and everyone else will likely be better off as a result. Instead of cutting taxes for the top 5%, I'd love to see taxes raised significantly on the top 5%, with reasonable tax cuts for everyone else.

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You really think that si what he is trying to do? He has been trying to rig this part of the election since the beginning of this year with the mail in voting bull####. Only problem he is having is his lawyers are actually not allowed to lie int he courts which is why his ***** keeps getting thrown out. 

The only person willing to be as corrupt as him is Rudy GIULIANI... Which is why he is finally screwed. He isn't doing this for some sort of justice thing...

Do I think he’s pursuing legal challenges?  Yes, I’ve said that all along.  

Do I think he should?  Yes, if he feels the evidence supports his contention.  

Do I think it does?  Yes, I’m getting there and feel it’s worth some hurt feelings on your side of things to fight the good fight.  

The concerns about election security predate this year.  In 2018, specific concerns were raised about dominion and the integrity of elections.  Was DJT OR R leadership setting the table for this legal challenge 2 years ago when this concern was raised?  

In 2018 alone, 'voters in South Carolina [were] reporting machines that switched their votes after they'd inputted them, scanners [were] rejecting paper ballots in Missouri, and busted machines [were] causing long lines in Indiana,'” the letter reads. “In addition, researchers recently uncovered previously undisclosed vulnerabilities in "nearly three dozen backend election systems in 10 states." And, just this year, after the Democratic candidate's electronic tally showed he received 164 votes out of 55,000 cast in a Pennsylvania state judicial election in 2019, the county's Republican chairwoman said, "nothing went right on Election Day. Everything went wrong. That's a problem." 

The letter continued: “These problems threaten the integrity of our elections and demonstrate the importance of election systems that are strong, durable, and not vulnerable to attack.”

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We can go around and around on that one. Bottom line cost is NOT the answer when you go to see your doctor. I’m going to guess that most people run TOWARDS the USA when they want to be cured, not AWAY from it towards other ‘developed’ countries....but I may be wrong.

Obviously.

But I'm not talking about developing countries.

I'm talking about actual developed, western world countries where people live longer, and pay a LOT less than Americans for the same healthcare. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do I think it does?  Yes, I’m getting there and feel it’s worth some hurt feelings on your side of things to fight the good fight.  

The concerns about election security predate this year.  In 2018, specific concerns were raised about dominion and the integrity of elections.  Was DJT OR R leadership setting the table for this legal challenge 2 years ago when this concern was raised?  

In 2018 alone, 'voters in South Carolina [were] reporting machines that switched their votes after they'd inputted them, scanners [were] rejecting paper ballots in Missouri, and busted machines [were] causing long lines in Indiana,'” the letter reads. “In addition, researchers recently uncovered previously undisclosed vulnerabilities in "nearly three dozen backend election systems in 10 states." And, just this year, after the Democratic candidate's electronic tally showed he received 164 votes out of 55,000 cast in a Pennsylvania state judicial election in 2019, the county's Republican chairwoman said, "nothing went right on Election Day. Everything went wrong. That's a problem." 

The letter continued: “These problems threaten the integrity of our elections and demonstrate the importance of election systems that are strong, durable, and not vulnerable to attack.”

WHAT EVIDENCE!?!?

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Evidence not hearsay....

48 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The election wasn't hotly contested.

In fact it wasn't contested at all by people who are living in reality.

Trump is now 1-25 in court. Without evidence, which he has none of, no logical person can actually think the election was contested. 

The results were clear as day.

Ok jrobs, the election hasn’t been contested at all. What are you complaining about? 

44 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It would not disenfranchise anyone if the vote was illegitimate.  It would most definitely disenfranchise if the vote was legitimate.  

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Obviously.

But I'm not talking about developing countries.

I'm talking about actual developed, western world countries where people live longer, and pay a LOT less than Americans for the same healthcare. 

WHAT EVIDENCE!?!?

Is the question for me, today, or are you referencing the statement on election integrity in 2018?  The statement outlines the vote switching from 2 years ago.  Is that not sufficient evidence for you?