If Trump loses and refuses to leave

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump is currently running the same playbook most successful dictators ran to secure power. 

He's currently in the "undermine election results" phase, with the next phase being to establish himself as a dictator. After that, there will be no reason to hold any elections whatsoever. 

You have officially stepped over the line of you being insane.  Trump has had 4 years to secure the media from anti-Trump sentiment and strip citizens of any weapons including but not limited to guns.  In my mind he is a pretty bad dictator if he fails to accomplish those tasks while in power. I feel sorry for whoever has to be around you not by choice.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You have officially stepped over the line of you being insane.  Trump has had 4 years to secure the media from anti-Trump sentiment and strip citizens of any weapons including but not limited to guns.  In my mind he is a pretty bad dictator if he fails to accomplish those tasks while in power. I feel sorry for whoever has to be around you not by choice.  

Notice they all quote the same crap? Must be from there marxist handbook for beginners. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Trump with an all out assault on democracy and his supporters donate to his campaign losses.  What a time to be alive.

How can you Rs defend what is taking place?  You must truly hate America.

Why are Trump voters so easily duped with bull####?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

His base is non-college educated white people who get their "news" from Fox, Breitbart, OANN and Newsmax TV.

It's a cult. Whatever supreme leader says, they'll believe. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

His base is non-college educated white people who get their "news" from Fox, Breitbart, OANN and Newsmax TV.

I think there is a part of them that like feeling like they are getting away with something. They like the lying, makes them feel smarter than other people. "Ha, we fooled you." Except they aren't and they haven't 

There's an a written by a fellow named David Haggith titled "TROJAN TRUMP: I Would Have Voted for Trump if he had Done Anything to Bring Down the Deep State".  I think both pro and anti Trump people might find it interesting.  It certainly resonates with my personal assessment of Trump.

You can find it on zerohedge this morning.  The prologue to it:

"I have tried to be fair with Trump, taking down many of the big lies I have seen brought against him, but I hold him to the same standard of truth. His charges of fake news against the mainstream media could have changed things if he hadn’t told so many lies himself that he lost all moral high ground. If you’re going to accuse liars of lying, you can’t be one yourself.

Trump’s loudest of all lies to his own supporters has been that he will bring down the deep state (“drain the swamp”). Back in September, 2016, before Trump even became president, I wrote an article titled, “Trump: Trojan Horse for the Establishment or Mighty Mouth for Mankind?” in which I gave the following observations and warning:

I crave the opportunity to see an anti-establishment candidate win the election…. So, while I do not like Trump the man (as it would appear he has never done anything that didn’t entirely serve his own self-interest and pompous ego), I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing him upset establishment Republicans and establishment Democrats … because … both parties exist to serve the same rich people and themselves…. 

I’ll even acknowledge that perhaps it takes someone as brazen and blusterous as Trump … to stand up to such a powerful assemblage of egoists as we have embedded in congress …. 

My desire to see the economy righted and the establishment overturned (peacefully), however, is exactly what makes me cautious about any gold-plated politician who has lived all of his life in the realm of the one percenters…. 

While I have never liked this particular publicity *****, I’d put up with his relentless boasting and forgive his audacious past if it takes that kind of brassy, risk-taking adventurer … to stand up to the intimidation's of congress…. Unfortunately, I have seen often in life that bellicose people are usually nowhere near as brave as they sound….

Then I asked,

Is Donald Trump a Trojan horse? Is he as hollow as his mouth is big?… Trump knows he can tap into a huge vault of anger; and, as a media mogul himself, he knows better than anyone how to play the media for free publicity by being outrageous…. 

From Trump’s choice of a 180-proof neocon vice presidential candidate to an embedded Goldman-Sachs campaign financial manager to the Heritage Foundation’s dream team of budget advisors he assembled, Trump has selected people who wholly embody the establishment. Everything these people have ever done or said has been in support of the Wall Street one-percenters…. So, if you think Trump is any threat to the establishment, you may be riding a Trojan horse."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The idea out of right wing crazies yesterday and this morning is to pressure state legislatures in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia to not certify the election results because of "widespread fraud". 

They want the election results tossed, with neither Biden or Trump reaching 270. In that situation, apparently state delegates in the house would elect the next president and the GOP holds a 28-22 advantage there. 

If Trump begins holding rallies next week with this as his talking point, this will be the end of democracy in the US if his plan is successful. 

Getting back to this - Trump will destroy America and kill Americans on our streets to retain power.  But if Trump thinks 78,000,000 people will sit idly by while he tries to steal the election - the entire QOP is kidding themselves.

Just now, BillStime said:

Getting back to this - Trump will destroy America and kill Americans on our streets to retain power.  But if Trump thinks 78,000,000 people will sit idly by while he tries to steal the election - the entire QOP is kidding themselves.

Agreed.

If he wants to go down that path, he's setting the country up for widespread violence. 

You can't discard democracy because it didn't work for you and expect people to lay down quietly. 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Your entire statement is nothing but paranoid gibberish.  Seek professional help at once.  That aside your 78M is in trouble IN YOUR SCENARIO if they have to depend on the likes of the libs on this board.  I'm surprised that most of you have a free hand to type.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Your entire statement is nothing but paranoid gibberish.  Seek professional help at once.  That aside your 78M is in trouble IN YOUR SCENARIO if they have to depend on the likes of the libs on this board.  I'm surprised that most of you have a free hand to type.  

So, why hasn't Trump conceded? He has no path forward without dictator like threats....

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Does assuming a Trump supporter is a high school dropout from up in the hills make you feel better about life?  It simply is not true.  If ratings are believed to be true the 1.3 million that watched FOX (prior to the election and going off of a cliff) is far from the 70 plus million that voted for Trump.  I thought you "enlightened" people believed in data and hard math?  Right now I would say that you are into hard meth.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Does assuming a Trump supporter is a high school dropout from up in the hills make you feel better about life?  It simply is not true.  If ratings are believed to be true the 1.3 million that watched FOX (prior to the election and going off of a cliff) is far from the 70 plus million that voted for Trump.  I thought you "enlightened" people believed in data and hard math?  Right now I would say that you are into hard meth.

Does it concern you at all that the voice Republicans used to believe and listen to (FOXNews), became the enemy once they reported news that its viewers didn't want to hear, so they just found other "news" sources? 

I mean this sincerely since most your type ran away from dissenting voices. 

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your point to me is stereotypes are dangerous to make. 

I could stereotype Biden supporters to be liberal arts degree holders that are either unemployed or under-employed along with the 50% of Americans that pay no Federal tax plus people on welfare and others receiving all kinds of Federal and State handouts that want more "free stuff" and they see the role of government being a mechanism to force productive people to pay for all of it so they can live a relatively comfortable lifestyle without doing any real work to earn it.

But I know better because I know and socialize with people that hold diverse beliefs that are tolerant of others and respectful regardless of their political disagreements.  just a few years ago that was the norm rather than the exception.

17 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Does it concern you at all that the voice Republicans used to believe and listen to (FOXNews), became the enemy once they reported news that its viewers didn't want to hear, so they just found other "news" sources? 

I mean this sincerely since most your type ran away from dissenting voices. 

Outlets change their viewpoints periodically sometimes to reflect the change in ownership.  Rupert Murdoch has established a trust to hold ownership of FOX and now the kids who have a different perspective run the show there.  For that matter I am old enough to remember the Huntley-Brinkley days on NBC News.  NBC has long departed from that type of coverage in part due to the people in the background running that network.  I am free to evaluate and change choices in news coverage just as you are free to do the same.

Edited by RochesterRob

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Outlets change their viewpoints periodically sometimes to reflect the change in ownership.  Rupport Murdoch died and now the kids who have a different perspective run the show there.  For that matter I am old enough to remember the Huntley-Brinkley days on NBC News.  NBC has long departed from that type of coverage in part due to the people in the background running that network.  I am free to evaluate and change choices in news coverage just as you are free to do the same.

You may want to notify Rupert Murdoch of this.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You think that you see a pattern.  Do you believe that Trump is a dictator even though he has not locked down the media nor seized weapons from the citizens like the other numb skulls here?

Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump took our guns?

LMAO

55 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Lol, the inner city ghettos are always Democrats. Not exactly ivy league material. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I see a pattern.

It's a mistake. Crap happens. 

Rob--thank you for your answer. As a follow-up, do you think it's a problem that people go chasing outlets that reflect their whims? 

I ask because I watch almost no TV news except when there's a true breaking story (the election results last week is the first time I can recall watching the news in years). I was switching between Fox and CNN, and preferred Fox's coverage for the most part, but did think CNN did better with their country wall of data (my personal opinion there is an aside). 

But here's my query: We have the competing outlets, many feeding the far extremes: MSNBC on one end, OAN/NewsMax on the others, with varying degrees in the middle. And now the new feeder of Twitter, which democratizes the news for better (rarely) and worse (often). What are your thoughts about how to avoid the social media/news media echo chambers? My true concern, off topic from this thread's topic, is that the algorithms and machines are getting really good at making us see what we agree with, and in so doing, we are less inclined to do any listening to the other side, whoever they are. 

You can see it here, where your lot, mostly in an echo chamber at PPP, went off and formed a deeper echo chamber. But that's happening everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Trump is currently running the same playbook most successful dictators ran to secure power. 

He's currently in the "undermine election results" phase, with the next phase being to establish himself as a dictator. After that, there will be no reason to hold any elections whatsoever. 

How do you propose Trump is going to "establish himself as a dictator"?

He can say whatever he wants.

Is the military going to guard him at the White House?  Really?

I mean really, how would he pull this off?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, you are saying Trump is better? You must be a really bad judge of character. 

Do you think Pat Robertson is a good man? Or just a little con man? 

I didn't say that. Nice try putting words on my keyboard.

I think they both are horrible.

I can play your game too.  If you like Biden, then you must support the United States government sending the full force of the military attacking another county on false grounds resulting in the death of 1,000,000 + brown people.  And you also must think it's OK to do eulogies at KKK members funerals twice.

You must be a bad judge of character.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I didn't say that. Nice try putting words on my keyboard.

I think they both are horrible.

I can play your game too.  If you like Biden, then you must support the United States government sending the full force of the military attacking another county on false grounds resulting in the death of 1,000,000 + brown people.  And you also must think it's OK to do eulogies at KKK members funerals twice.

You must be a bad judge of character.

no, Biden isn't bad. He's just a politician like so many that have made this country run for centuries. Trump is someone who cares nothing about running the country. 

See, one will do the job, one won't. I voted for the guy that will do his job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

no, Biden isn't bad. He's just a politician like so many that have made this country run for centuries. Trump is someone who cares nothing about running the country. 

See, one will do the job, one won't. I voted for the guy that will do his job. 

Biden is bad.  The 1,000,000 + brown people are still dead.

Good for you.

37 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How do you propose Trump is going to "establish himself as a dictator"?

He can say whatever he wants.

Is the military going to guard him at the White House?  Really?

I mean really, how would he pull this off?

This is what I've been saying.  On January 20, 2021, when Biden takes the oath of office as POTUS, he will become a private citizen without any power to command anybody, especially the US military.  Who's going to man the barricades at the WH for Covid Donnie?  The Baby Trumps?  Crazy Rudy?

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Exactly this.   Military people take that oath very seriously.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Biden is bad.  The 1,000,000 + brown people are still dead.

Good for you.

You just sound like a sore loser 

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Exactly this.   Military people take that oath very seriously.

Unless they are named Flynn 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I like that you narrowly define dictator to your narrow view of what it means in order to proclaim him as normal.

Not accepting the will of the people in a free and fair election is exactly what a dictator does.

6 hours ago, westside2 said:

Notice they all quote the same crap? Must be from there marxist handbook for beginners. 

One side is behaving like a free society. The other isn't.

The best part is that you can't process that correctly.

5 hours ago, westside2 said:

Says the marxist

You've switched from answering everything from Hoax to Marxist.

It's a sideways move for a dimwit, but to me it's good to see you expanded your limited vocabulary.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Some are duped.

Some are aholes.

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

FIFY.

You were doing a bit better, Robbie, but you've regressed back to your even weaker ways.

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

It's a stretch to call fairy tales, news.

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Much like your cult leader, you love to project.

• Like (+1) 2