2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not to point out the obvious after you broke it down so well, but @ALF falls into the same category as every other voter who holds his nose and pulls the lever.  

I like his posts, generally, seems to be a decent guy and I can't recall him throwing hand grenades at anyone.  

At the same time, people wonder why establishment folks keep doing establishment things over and over.  It's because they can.  Rice can lie, cheat, steal, participate in an attempt to destroy a candidate in a presidential election and literally steal the vote from other Americans...but that's not enough to disqualify them to be VP.  

I think some people who describe themselves as centrists and think a Biden presidency will bring the country together are in for a rude awakening if Biden wins. 

If accusing people of treason, racism etc is a valid tactic in the playbook, and tossing around "gang rapist" for SC nominees is just another day at the office, it will get a whole lot uglier moving forward. 

I honestly don't know how you can believe it can get any uglier than Trump's Presidency.

We hold our nose and pull the lever because we know that if we don't and the vast majority of the country that feels as we do doesn't, we're drowning in the sheer and utter shitstorm that would be 4 more years of Donald Trump.

Calling people hypocrites because they vote for a lesser of 2 evils because the worse evil is soooooooo much worse is naive.

I'm not throwing away my vote or staying home in November.

That's how Donald Trump got into office in the first place.

We need to dig ourselves out of this pool of crap.

Crucify us for being hypocrites, but we're just cognizant of the reality of Presidential elections.

Fool us once. Shame on you

Fool us twice. Shame on us.

We won't be fooled again.

I'm more disturbed by the true believers like yourself who are going to go out and cast a vote for Donald Trump REALLY believing he's good for our country. :doh:

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Have the  #believeallwomen leftists decided if they want to believe Tara Reade yet. Or will they not believe the accusations against the phingerphucker?

Notice she is no longer making the media rounds with those claims?

I wonder why...

Lets wait and see what the country is like by mid October . Will the economy be fully open ,  schools back to normal , covid 19  and if it has lasting side effects , social unrest or peace ,  are police funded and back to normal. Way too many unknowns at this point, will voters be relieved or want change.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Lets wait and see what the country is like by mid October . Will the economy be fully open ,  schools back to normal , covid 19  and if it has lasting side effects , social unrest or peace ,  are police funded and back to normal. Way too many unknowns at this point, will voters be relieved or want change.

None of that stuff really matters.  Here's my prediction:

If there's no football - Biden wins. 

If there is - Trump wins.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

None of that stuff really matters.  Here's my prediction:

If there's no football - Biden wins. 

If there is - Trump wins.

That makes no sense since Trump hates the NFL.

Doesn't really matter b.c it's obvious that Trump isn't even fit to be president now, he has lost his mind with power and greed.

Edited by TBBills

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I wonder why...

Same reason many women never come forward in the first place. She wasn't taken seriously and got put on public opinion trial for speaking up. She made her claim and, unfortunately for her, he was protected. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ALF said:

You darn well know that the Democrat governors aren't going to allow that to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Same reason many women never come forward in the first place. She wasn't taken seriously and got put on public opinion trial for speaking up. She made her claim and, unfortunately for her, he was protected. 

Exactly she didn't come forward all those years ago... no one would believe her over a sitting Senator.  Ironically, I think she'd have had a better shot at being believed 30 years ago. The press certainly wouldn't have suppressed the story as they have now. A 2 minute sound bite is not exactly the wall-to-wall coverage that Dr Ford got with her outlandish Kavanaugh claim, and Tara Reade has contemporaneous evidence including a court document filed by her ex-husband, friends that back-up her story, and her mother's phone call to Larry King.  Dr. Ford has er, nuthin' to back up her claim. 

Do I believe Tara Reade? I would certainly have liked to have had the press dig in to find more corroboration, or to find evidence that nothing happened. But, the press has abdicated all objectivity and curiosity when it comes to the Democratic party. I doubt we will ever know what really happened between Tara Reade and Joe Biden.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Exactly she didn't come forward all those years ago... no one would believe her over a sitting Senator.  Ironically, I think she'd have had a better shot at being believed 30 years ago. The press certainly wouldn't have suppressed the story as they have now. A 2 minute sound bite is not exactly the wall-to-wall coverage that Dr Ford got with her outlandish Kavanaugh claim, and Tara Reade has contemporaneous evidence including a court document filed by her ex-husband, friends that back-up her story, and her mother's phone call to Larry King.  Dr. Ford has er, nuthin' to back up her claim. 

Do I believe Tara Reade? I would certainly have liked to have had the press dig in to find more corroboration, or to find evidence that nothing happened. But, the press has abdicated all objectivity and curiosity when it comes to the Democratic party. I doubt we will ever know what really happened between Tara Reade and Joe Biden.

It doesn't help that CNN dutifully removed from existence the Larry King episode that contained contemporary evidence.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Because Democrats actually DON'T believe all women unless they are accusing a Republican?

Kinda like how black lives don't really matter, unless they're killed by a white cop.

Joe Being Joe: Biden Finally Does Presser, Awkwardly Only Takes Questions From Pre-Approved List of Reporters

a3f2775e-2117-49bf-a59d-4e9788107c06.jpg

The good news: After 28 days, presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden finally held a news conference on Tuesday. The bad news: He only took questions from a pre-approved list of reporters.

After opening comments, Biden wearily looked around the room as he took the list from his coat pocket. “I’m happy to take your questions,” he said; “Let me get my list.” (He looked anything but happy.)

“I’m supposed to call on people,” he said at one point, again referring to the trusty list — no doubt provided by a breath-holding staffer.

GOP Rapid Response Director Steve Guest tweeted a short video clip of Biden pulling the list from his coat pocket and studying it for a few seconds. “Joe looks a little rusty in understanding how press conferences work,” he said. (See: “understatement.”)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

That makes no sense since Trump hates the NFL.

Doesn't really matter b.c it's obvious that Trump isn't even fit to be president now, he has lost his mind with power and greed.

If the NFL is up and running that means the virus is somewhat contained and he'll pry eke out a victory.  It's science.

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

GOP Rapid Response Director Steve Guest tweeted a short video clip of Biden pulling the list from his coat pocket and studying it for a few seconds. “Joe looks a little rusty in understanding how press conferences work,” he said. (See: “understatement.”)

Waiting for Guest to be banned on Twitter and Facebook in 3, 2, 1...

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They've been nuking anything related to his press conference on twitter.

It must have been terribad.

As embarrassing as it clearly was, it ends the whole "When is Biden going to hold a press conference?" critique.

Edited by IDBillzFan

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I honestly don't know how you can believe it can get any uglier than Trump's Presidency.

We hold our nose and pull the lever because we know that if we don't and the vast majority of the country that feels as we do doesn't, we're drowning in the sheer and utter shitstorm that would be 4 more years of Donald Trump.

Calling people hypocrites because they vote for a lesser of 2 evils because the worse evil is soooooooo much worse is naive.

I'm not throwing away my vote or staying home in November.

That's how Donald Trump got into office in the first place.

We need to dig ourselves out of this pool of crap.

Crucify us for being hypocrites, but we're just cognizant of the reality of Presidential elections.

Fool us once. Shame on you

Fool us twice. Shame on us.

We won't be fooled again.

I'm more disturbed by the true believers like yourself who are going to go out and cast a vote for Donald Trump REALLY believing he's good for our country. :doh:

I wonder why...

You were confused about the election process in 2016?  Who is it that fooled you?  Me?  DR?  Did @Buffalo_Gal use her feminine guile to convince you to stay home that November?  By then, you surely knew about Trump's bombshell secret recording where he suggested that some women are attracted to men with wealth and power, you surely knew he was not releasing his tax returns, you surely knew how he felt about building a wall along the southern border and illegal immigration in general, how he felt about excessive taxation and repatriating billions by reducing the capital gains tax, and how he felt unemployment was far too high given the potential of the American economy.  Heck, you even bought into the Trump is a Russian plant narrative by then, so you sat out the election because someone tricked you?  

This is gibberish, and you should stop blaming people for things that you do not go your way in life.  The way I see it, it seems like you could not be bothered to muster the energy to cast a vote.  It's interesting to me that after DJT kickstarted the economy, when unemployment for people of color and Americans in general had dropped to historic low rates, when the rising tide of a unleashed economy began to lift all boats....suddenly, you're interested in elections again.  It's almost like...you prefer the old ways.  

Now...the arbiter of who is REALLY black is the heir apparent.  Suddenly...the guy who has stolen second base more often than Mookie Williams is THE guy you want leading the country.  Suddenly...the guy on tape bragging about intervening in the the affairs of Ukraine by threatening to withhold a $1b taxpayer dollars to protect his crack-headed son is just THE type of leader we need to guide us forward.  Suddenly, the guy carrying water for China is what's best for America.  

I don't think everyone is a hypocrite simply because they vote for Biden.  Some people are pragmatic, recognize his deficiencies and the character issues on display since he plagiarized his first speech back in the 70s. Some people are politically naive and since they follow news sources that don't report on Biden's issues, they have no idea of the true nature of his character.  Some people recognize it's in their best interest to ignore the warts.  What makes you politically hypocritical is your righteous indignation about all things Trump, while performing a clumsy pommel horse routine to defend your boy Joe.  

Whatever brings us to this point, today, here and now has nothing to do with me, Trump supporters, the RNC or anyone else*.  Own that, and move on.  

Have a blessed day.

*I will cut you some slack if @Buffalo_Galdid in fact use her womanly guile to convince you to stay at home.  She's quite compelling and as a result of a thread she created, I have turned to a subsistence lifestyle and live totally off the land.  In related news, there are precious few feral cats around these parts anymore.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1