Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

So are several great coaches.

Yeah, but he's not a great coach, is he? It's easier to put up with a jerk when that jerk is helping you win championships. Otherwise, what's the point?

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I think it will depend on his BAC. If the posters friend has good information, and Olivers BAC was .03, there is no DWI. The gun "charge" is only an accelerant to the DWI and isn't illegal on its own. Open container is a class C misdemeanor, non-moving violation, can be expunged, max fine of $500. Unsure how gun laws will work in TX and if having a gun can increase the open container charge. 

There is a possibility he sees no suspension if the DWI is dropped. 

If you mean he had a BAC of .08 or higher, I think he still gets suspended for 2 games.  If his BAC is under, no way he gets suspended.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Yeah, but he's not a great coach, is he? It's easier to put up with a jerk when that jerk is helping you win championships. Otherwise, what's the point?

Good point.

Wrt Oliver, I wonder how many other players had problems with the coach.

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well I was never into the party scene in my early 20s but I can certainly empathize with someone who made decisions in their life around that age their not proud of.  I’ve had my share.

But no getting around it the DWI and gun charge together just isn’t good.  Especially now 

What’s done is done though.   I’m a believer in taking personal responsibility for your actions.  That’s where I’d like to see Ed learn 

I agree with this.  I have to stress nobody that is defending Ed is saying what he did wasn't wrong.  It definitely was but to call him the next Marcel Dareus or say that he should be cut etc. is going to the extreme.  He made a STUPID decision.  But a lot of people make stupid decisions at that age, that doesn't mean he cannot grow and mature from this experience.  Whenever these kind of things pop up I just think back to how I was when I was that age and really do have sympathy for these guys as long as they didn't do something over the top.  I'm sure there are a lot of other guys on the board that can relate to that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I did not see that reported anywhere...but having said that, I think, and stress only think, based on the cop saying he thought he was impaired by something other than alcohol, the blood test was mandatory.   Maybe someone in Texas or a lawyer could confirm how that works?

And if all ya need is for a cop to say i think you are  intoxicated with another substance, and they can draw blood based on that, all i can say is s that I am suoper happy i do not live in Texas 

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you mean he had a BAC of .08 or higher, I think he still gets suspended for 2 games.  If his BAC is under, no way he gets suspended.

Another poster in the thread said he “had a friend who works at the hospital” who did the blood draw and saw his chart. .03 BAC and no other drugs in his system. IF (and that’s a big if) that is true, Oliver probably doesn’t see any suspension.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Another poster in the thread said he “had a friend who works at the hospital” who did the blood draw and saw his chart. .03 BAC and no other drugs in his system. IF (and that’s a big if) that is true, Oliver probably doesn’t see any suspension.  

I saw MAJ say that and while I'm hopeful it's true, I'll wait for confirmation first.  I was just trying to clarify what you were saying.  Even if he were to blow .08 or higher, his DUI can be dismissed, but he would still probably be suspended by Goodell.  If he blew .03, there is no case and therefore nothing to suspend him over.

• Like (+1) 1

Court records: Buffalo Bills' Ed Oliver admitted to drinking, taking Adderall prior to Houston DWI arrest

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/court-records-buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-admitted-to-drinking-taking-adderall-prior-to-houston-dwi-arrest/285-df7cfad6-f1d3-422b-bab3-9e99dbe845c5

According to court records, an open can of Bud Light beer was found in the driver's door.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas — Court records revealed former University of Houston star and current Buffalo Bills' defensive tackle Ed Oliver admitted to drinking and taking Adderall prior to his arrest Saturday in Montgomery County. 

The 22-year-old is facing a DWI charge as well as a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon after deputies found a small-caliber pistol in his vehicle during the time of his arrest. Both are class B misdemeanors.

Edited by Warcodered

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Court records: Buffalo Bills' Ed Oliver admitted to drinking, taking Adderall prior to Houston DWI arrest

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/court-records-buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-admitted-to-drinking-taking-adderall-prior-to-houston-dwi-arrest/285-df7cfad6-f1d3-422b-bab3-9e99dbe845c5

According to court records, an open can of Bud Light beer was found in the driver's door.

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas — Court records revealed former University of Houston star and current Buffalo Bills' defensive tackle Ed Oliver admitted to drinking and taking Adderall prior to his arrest Saturday in Montgomery County. 

The 22-year-old is facing a DWI charge as well as a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon after deputies found a small-caliber pistol in his vehicle during the time of his arrest. Both are class B misdemeanors.

Dion Jordan got 10 games for Adderall

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

One incident =/= 4 years of repeated infractions

It's one incident but it evolves multiple violations.  I think the people thinking it will just fall under the alcohol 3 games are not taking into account the other issues.

I think 6 games will be end result now with the additional substance abuse issue.

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That was a clickbait article. Still unknown if had Adderall in his system. He may just have a prescription for Adderall. What happened to verify before vilify?

20 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Oliver is looking at:

DWI

Fire arm

Substance abuse

Multiple violations

It all depends on the BAC. No BAC has been released. If he has a script for aderall, there is nothing to charge him with. That is a league rule, not a law, even then he may have an exemption. If his BAC was as low as MAJ claims, the only thing he probably gets is speeding through a construction zone. 

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That was a clickbait article. Still unknown if had Adderall in his system. He may just have a prescription for Adderall. What happened to verify before vilify?

How is it clickbait he told the deputies that he had drunk a beer at 1P.M. that day (which is essentially irrelevant considering when he was pulled over) and that he was taking Adderall. The article goes on to note that taking Adderall is against the rules in the NFL unless you have an exemption. It also gives more details about the open container being that it was an open can in the driver side door. It doesn't vilify him at all it states facts of the case it doesn't say he's guilty.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

It's one incident but it evolves multiple violations.  I think the people thinking it will just fall under the alcohol 3 games are not taking into account the other issues.

I think 6 games will be end result now with the additional substance abuse issue.

If he fails an nfl drug test 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

How is it clickbait he told the deputies that he had drunk a beer at 1P.M. that day (which is essentially irrelevant considering when he was pulled over) and that he was taking Adderall. The article goes on to note that taking Adderall is against the rules in the NFL unless you have an exemption. It also gives more details about the open container being that it was an open can in the driver side door. It doesn't vilify him at all it states facts of the case it doesn't say he's guilty.

he looked shaky in the field test video, From tmz but I thought it was odd he was barefoot too. 

Aderall- didn’t Richard Sherman make a career out of that? 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, MJS said:

He claimed specifically that all of us have driven under the influence. That I have not done.

Many people don't drink at all, and many who do, don't drink more than a couple drinks at a time. And most of those who DO drink and drive are men. So there's a significant portion of the population that has never broken the law while driving under the influence of alcohol.

Agreed.

My error.