Tre Edmunds & Bros getting trained during pandemic by their parents

Pretty cool video piece by a local TV station showing Edmunds' mom running drills with a whistle (she's a P.E. teacher) while dad also assists.  They admitted their parents wouldn't let them slack off during the pandemic, and made sure they are training and learning via IPads, etc.  Not sure if I've seen anything like this.

I can see what McD and BB was talking about when it comes to their family unit.  I think it speaks highly about the character of the parents, and the type of habits they are handing down to their kids. Championship mentality.

Pretty cool.

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/NFL-trio-The-Edmunds-Brothers-train-as-a-family-while-NFL-facilities-and-gyms-are-closed-570061381.html  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Cool, good to see!

Very good to see. I heard Eric wood on WGR today saying that in the lockout season they had to train at home and he came in to TC in the best shape of his life. He had made the decision to take advantage of the fact that some other guys might slack off while away from the facility, so he went the other way to try to gain any advantage he could. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very good to see. I heard Eric wood on WGR today saying that in the lockout season they had to train at home and he came in to TC in the best shape of his life. He had made the decision to take advantage of the fact that some other guys might slack off while away from the facility, so he went the other way to try to gain any advantage he could. 

It sure never helped his play.  Eric Wood was a decent player, but never dominant.  As a first round pick I thought he would be better.  Nick Mangold was certainly better.  And Wood never came close to playing at Kent Hull's level.  (who was an amazing player)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

It sure never helped his play.  Eric Wood was a decent player, but never dominant.  As a first round pick I thought he would be better.  Nick Mangold was certainly better.  And Wood never came close to playing at Kent Hull's level.  (who was an amazing player)

Eric wood was a very good Center. He snapped his leg in half twice and each set him back a year-and-a-half

He easily was a top 10- 12 guy for most of his career just not an all pro

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Pretty cool video piece by a local TV station showing Edmunds' mom running drills with a whistle (she's a P.E. teacher) while dad also assists.  They admitted their parents wouldn't let them slack off during the pandemic, and made sure they are training and learning via IPads, etc.  Not sure if I've seen anything like this.

I can see what McD and BB was talking about when it comes to their family unit.  I think it speaks highly about the character of the parents, and the type of habits they are handing down to their kids. Championship mentality.

Pretty cool.

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/NFL-trio-The-Edmunds-Brothers-train-as-a-family-while-NFL-facilities-and-gyms-are-closed-570061381.html  

Eventually in a generation or two they'll be able to field an entire Pro Football team at their family reunion.

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wood was a good center his entire career. That's more than most players can say. Yeah, he was never top 5 in the league, but he was a guy 20 other teams would have gladly had starting on their team.

Back during the drought I met tons of fans from other teams and when I'd ask them their thoughts on the Bills I sometimes got "I don't know much about them, but I heard they have a good center." Always shocked me that it was the only thing they knew about the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Great contribution to a thread about the Edmunds family!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

9 seasons starting with a probowl nod one year is solid for the 28th pick in the draft. Particularly when the guy played here instead of with a team that grants de facto probowl votes.... Honestly, what’s your opinion on the guys Kent Hull played beside in comparison to the talent Wood had next to him? Let’s call Richter and Incognito a wash.... I’m pretty sure Ballard and Wolford were better than any tackles Wood played alongside. I’d say Dawkins and Fina are a wash. Then there’s Ruben Brown..... Life’s easier for a center when he’s playing with a bunch of other probowl linemen and the guy directing protection calls is a future HOF QB. 

Just food for thought. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

10 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You're comparing the guy to two borderline Hall of Fame Players which is a little unfair.   Yes, the Bills picked him in the 1st round, but lets not pretend he was a top ten pick.  They picked him 28th overall.

If you told me before we picked any guy at 28 that he was going to start 120 games for us and be an near Pro Bowl level player that entire time I'd say that was a successful pick.   Not to mention he wasnt just a good player, he was a fantastic leader across his entire career. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

Love the Edmunds brothers. I don't know if its due to having sons or being a brother myself. Something about seeing a family sticking together and achieving goals is awesome. Keep it up guys!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Eric wood was a very good Center. He snapped his leg in half twice and each set him back a year-and-a-half

He easily was a top 10- 12 guy for most of his career just not an all pro

I didn't say he wasn't a warrior and a tough guy.  I think he was decent to good at best.  Would not put him at very good overall IMHO.  He was popular with the media and the fans because he seemed to be a good guy.  But I think a lot of fans tend to gravitate towards players who are supposedly "good guys".  I don't put that into the equation when assessing football players.  I think a certain edginess is needed when playing football at a high level.  (The Jerry Hughes persona, so to speak)

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Wood was a good center his entire career. That's more than most players can say. Yeah, he was never top 5 in the league, but he was a guy 20 other teams would have gladly had starting on their team.

Back during the drought I met tons of fans from other teams and when I'd ask them their thoughts on the Bills I sometimes got "I don't know much about them, but I heard they have a good center." Always shocked me that it was the only thing they knew about the team.

Interesting perspective.  Judging by the reaction to my post, I must be in the minority on Eric Wood.  As a low first round pick coming out, I guess I had higher expectations for what he accomplished.  The guy didn't suck.  Just thought he should have been more dominant is all.  

9 hours ago, eball said:

Great contribution to a thread about the Edmunds family!

Sorry you didn't like where I went with the thread.  Just not real interested in a bunch of 20 something NFL players training with mommy and daddy.  But if it makes Tre a better football player this season, more power to him.

8 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I didn't say he wasn't a warrior and a tough guy.  I think he was decent to good at best.  Would not put him at very good overall IMHO.  He was popular with the media and the fans because he seemed to be a good guy.  But I think a lot of fans tend to gravitate towards players who are supposedly "good guys".  I don't put that into the equation when assessing football players.  I think a certain edginess is needed when playing football at a high level.  (The Jerry Hughes persona, so to speak)

The key thing for centers is intelligence - they can not just go wild like some defense players - and he had plenty of that.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

9 seasons starting with a probowl nod one year is solid for the 28th pick in the draft. Particularly when the guy played here instead of with a team that grants de facto probowl votes.... Honestly, what’s your opinion on the guys Kent Hull played beside in comparison to the talent Wood had next to him? Let’s call Richter and Incognito a wash.... I’m pretty sure Ballard and Wolford were better than any tackles Wood played alongside. I’d say Dawkins and Fina are a wash. Then there’s Ruben Brown..... Life’s easier for a center when he’s playing with a bunch of other probowl linemen and the guy directing protection calls is a future HOF QB. 

Just food for thought. 

Thats a great response BJ.  You know your O lineman.  I agree the O lineman that Hull played with were much better then the garbage around Wood.  Point well taken.  

However, Hull is an all time great.  Wood nowhere near the level of a player Hull was.  He may not be in the HOF, but he was top 20 all time at center.  Kelly was the emotional leader of our offense.  But Kent Hull was the brains of the outfit.  

55 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You're comparing the guy to two borderline Hall of Fame Players which is a little unfair.   Yes, the Bills picked him in the 1st round, but lets not pretend he was a top ten pick.  They picked him 28th overall.

If you told me before we picked any guy at 28 that he was going to start 120 games for us and be an near Pro Bowl level player that entire time I'd say that was a successful pick.   Not to mention he wasnt just a good player, he was a fantastic leader across his entire career. 

Good perspective as well.  I guess if the guys around Eric Wood were as good as him, we would have had a good to very good line throughout his career.  

I will agree that he was a good leader on the team.  Just was never a huge Eric Wood fan.  Would have liked him to have been a little meaner, a little edgier.