Week 1 NFL Lines: Bills (-7) vs Jets

Way too early for these but fun to look at.

Bills pretty big favorites not surprising.

How are the dolphins getting 7.5 pts at home vs NE?? I might end up pounding that if it sticks (assuming Fitz is the starter)

Edited by Process

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean the Dolphins have a lot of pieces to put together to beat Belichick.

but they might just rub that lamp one more time for some Fitzmagic.

They don't need to win... 7 points is a ton of points to be getting at home vs what I think will be a very average team.

And the Dolphins DID beat them outright last year, and the pats have gotten significantly worse since than. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't bet often but us getting 7 seems high as does Baltimore and NE. Week one though I have never bet because it is too much of a crap shoot that early. Vegas must think a lot of NE bettors will still bet on them.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't bet often but us getting 7 seems high as does Baltimore and NE. Week one though I have never bet because it is too much of a crap shoot that early. Vegas must think a lot of NE bettors will still bet on them.

sounds about right, we’re at home and objectively a better team than the Jets at pretty much every position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Dolphins seem like a team that could really, really use the benefit of a full off/pre-season to get up to speed. The Patriots are probably on the opposite end of that spectrum. Whatever that’s worth...

If the game were even just a few weeks later I bet the line would be a lot different.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ecmic82 said:

The Dolphins seem like a team that could really, really use the benefit of a full off/pre-season to get up to speed. The Patriots are probably on the opposite end of that spectrum. Whatever that’s worth...

If the game were even just a few weeks later I bet the line would be a lot different.

The Patriots shuffled plenty of players out in FA as always and after a down year for their OL they've got to get things going without that great OL coach they've had.

19 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The Patriots shuffled plenty of players out in FA as always and after a down year for their OL they've got to get things going without that great OL coach they've had.

I guess I’m looking at it from mostly a rookie/organizational continuity standpoint, and I’ve a lot of faith in Belichick and his in-game awareness to take advantage of Miami’s probable early-season weak spots, and to minimize the impact of his team’s weaknesses.

every team will have aspects of their game that aren’t up to speed week 1. I just think Miami will have more than the average team, and New England will have fewer - and do a better job masking - theirs than Miami.

I have no idea what that’s worth in points, though.

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Process said:

Way too early for these but fun to look at.

Bills pretty big favorites not surprising.

How are the dolphins getting 7.5 pts at home vs NE?? I might end up pounding that if it sticks (assuming Fitz is the starter)

That just looks weird to me.  Home team is supposed to go on the right (road @ home rather than home vs road) unless it is soccer I think.

20 minutes ago, Ecmic82 said:

I guess I’m looking at it from mostly a rookie/organizational continuity standpoint, and I’ve a lot of faith in Belichick and his in-game awareness to take advantage of Miami’s probable early-season weak spots, and to minimize the impact of his team’s weaknesses.

every team will have aspects of their game that aren’t up to speed week 1. I just think Miami will have more than the average team, and New England will have fewer - and do a better job masking - theirs than Miami.

I have know idea what that’s worth in points, though.

You are overthinking it. The best way to make money as a bookie is to split the bets 50-50. Obviously Vegas thinks betters will back the Pats. If money starts pouring in on the Dolphins that line will shrink. 

Look at that Cowboys line. Obviously Vegas is thinking Dallas fans are going to be wreckless. 

Edited by JetsFan20

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Titans ML

youre welcome

You and every other $50 player.  Denver and New England all day.

I’m planning on pounding the Panthers all year.  Panthers over 5.5 wins in 2020 might be my new ‘Bills over 6.5 in 2019’.  Boy are their message board fans going to get sick of me when I’m their problem instead of yours...

21 minutes ago, Ecmic82 said:

I have know idea what that’s worth in points, though.

Yeah.  If there’s one coach in history I want to manage a truncated offseason, it’s BB.  Fade him at your own risk.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Process said:

They don't need to win... 7 points is a ton of points to be getting at home vs what I think will be a very average team.

And the Dolphins DID beat them outright last year, and the pats have gotten significantly worse since than. 

Oh ya. That line immediately stuck out to me. I’ll be tossing some on that when the time comes. 

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

You and every other $50 player.  Denver and New England all day.

I’m planning on pounding the Panthers all year.  Panthers over 5.5 wins in 2020 might be my new ‘Bills over 6.5 in 2019’.  Boy are their message board fans going to get sick of me when I’m their problem instead of yours...

Yeah.  If there’s one coach in history I want to manage a truncated offseason, it’s BB.  Fade him at your own risk.

He doesn’t have players! Good lord. Get over it. 

• Haha (+1) 1