NFL Schedule leaks

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

This guy put this as a response to the original tweet saying that they put all the non conference games for each team up front in case they had to postpone the season. I swear if we have to play the Pats the 2nd to last game for the 4th year in a row, I'm gonna be annoyed. The schedule makers need to get more creative

That would be a very cool schedule IMO....blocking all NC, division and conference games like that.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I hope whatever prime time games there are, they are away games. Home games at 1:00 on Sunday suit the Bills. And, I have no interest in navigating to TBD for a night game, any night.

I bet some of the players would feel differently. A home prime time game feels so different than an away prime time game for the players.

I would assume if they have to play at night they would prefer to do it at home.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can you cite your source because I have ratings that show the Bill-Steelers games was the most-watched individual game that weekend with a 10.47 share, 18.1 MM viewers.  Perhaps you're referring to the Sunday 4pm ratings of 13.12 rating/23 MM viewers, but that's for ALL games shown, not just the Cowboys.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekly-sports-tv-ratings-12-9-12-15-2019.html

Further, Bills-Dallas drew a 13.53 rating, 32.6 MM viewers. Top rated football game.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekly-sports-tv-ratings-11-25-12-1-2019.html

Here (https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/), shows that the Buff-Pitt game was the 11th highest rated out of 17 SNF games. You're right - it is the FOX window I was referring to, Dallas-LAR  - seen in 87% of the markets. Again, I'm not trying to argue that the Bills are ratings poison, I like that the networks see them as viable for national exposure. Go Bills:)

Edited by 416BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I think they'll get at least three...Thursday Night and Monday Night for sure and probably their first ever scheduled Sunday Night game.

That's the 'contingency schedule'. The out of conference games would be front loaded in the event that the schedule needs to be contracted for a later calendar start. OOC games would be the first to be eliminated because conference games would be more important for playoff tiebreakers.

Agree.

I think we get 4. 

8 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

I’ll bet that every international game was canceled by the host countries. 
No way are they going to chance a infection spike happening in their countries with the way our national government has handled this pandemic. I am certain they told the NFL very nicely,  no F ing chance buddy...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

With all the west coast games they have this year, I think they also will have a couple more 4:25 double header games too ( as opposed to a 4:05 regional west coast game) 

I could see with two consecutive west games...one on Sunday 425 and other on Thursday night.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe I’m weird but I wish there were no leaks. I look forward to that release all off season and it kind of sucks to know half of it before the show. I know I can just “not look” but it’s hard to not.

I think it's amazing the effort and hours that go into figuring out the schedule from different leaks. People spend days putting together all the pieces and usually don't get it all until right before it is actually released (or not at all).

I mean, why not just relax and let them tell you what the schedule will be? Is it so gratifying to know it a few minutes before it is released?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I think it's amazing the effort and hours that go into figuring out the schedule from different leaks. People spend days putting together all the pieces and usually don't get it all until right before it is actually released (or not at all).

I mean, why not just relax and let them tell you what the schedule will be? Is it so gratifying to know it a few minutes before it is released?

Quarantine boredom?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Quarantine boredom?

That's a good excuse this year, but not every other year.

Don't get me wrong. More power to those who like to dig through Twitter and piece together the puzzle.

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe I’m weird but I wish there were no leaks. I look forward to that release all off season and it kind of sucks to know half of it before the show. I know I can just “not look” but it’s hard to not.

Weirdo.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I bet some of the players would feel differently. A home prime time game feels so different than an away prime time game for the players.

I would assume if they have to play at night they would prefer to do it at home.

I'm certain the players feel differently. And for every person who feels like CS does, there are 10,000 ready to fill the stadium on prime time. I don't need another Bills player to talk about how much they love playing at home for that crowd.

That said, I've learned to hate Bills prime time games because for years they have almost always ended badly. Cowboys game with Romo is a perfect example. Crap game, crap night, crap next day. Just crap.

But this team is different. By the time they took took it to the Steelers and Cowboys this past year, I no longer feel a sense of dread going into a prime time game. And with Brady telling everyone his Buccaneers are on his buckenhead, we no longer walk into the razor expecting our semi-annual gang raping.

Bring on prime time.

• Like (+1) 1

We will get our usual Thursday as does the rest of the league and probably one Monday night game against the Jets. We may get a flex later in the season if we don’t collapse. 

While we did make the playoffs we still don’t have the media/league love outside of the same 2 people who pick the Bills every year.  Brady and the Bucs will get their share. Along with KC and Ravens.  You can count on Dallas getting their usual 3+ games and the 9ers, Seahawks, Pittsburg, saints and rams.  Browns because they are still a media darling. 

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

I hope whatever prime time games there are, they are away games. Home games at 1:00 on Sunday suit the Bills. And, I have no interest in navigating to TBD for a night game, any night.

Do you also like road playoff games over home field advantage?

Hopefully, the season doesn't get postponed. The Raiders will be hosting the Bills in Las Vegas, and apparently the mayor has no problem turning the entire town into a giant petri dish. That city has about 1,000 deadly, infectious diseases floating around on any given Sunday, anyway. I'll just have to get a motel room in Baker on my drive back to LA, and quarantine myself for about two weeks so I don't end up wiping out my whole family upon my return. Totally worth it to see the Bills in Vegas.