Brandon Beane zoom call

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We currently have 10 defensive lineman.

I now seriously doubt Daryl Johnson makes the team.  I would also guess we only dress 8 DL on game day so someone will be inactive.

There are always injuries... Harrison last year. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Johnson still has upside. 

I think Murphy’s contract makes him tough to move, but I’d take just about anything to move him and just continue developing Johnson.

Yes many fans appear to want that but Beane and Coach McD don't apparently.  I think the Bills will put a DL on PS squad and use ability to take one off and on to develop a couple of young DL.

5 hours ago, billsherd said:

There are always injuries... Harrison last year. 

Right but at this point that guy is talking about who makes the 53 not who gets reps. It’ll be a battle at DL

I suspect grabbing two guys with high floors and major football families ties into the offseason program getting wrecked. Epenesa isn’t sexy but you know he’s going to be well coached and trained if you hand him an offseason regimen to do on his own

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Interesting that they didn’t have a 2nd round grade on Mims (about 11 min mark of above video)

Just watched - yep, he said that. Interesting. I’m not a Mims fan either but he’s in our division now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Also interesting that in the trade-up discussions he had with other GMs in the 3rd round, Beane said he thought he had a deal worked out with one of them but the guy kept hemming and hawing and it was getting too late to make the deal before the pick was due. Turned out for the best, since they managed to land Moss without having to trade up.

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Reading that is just funny.  We very well may not, and maybe shouldn’t trade Murphy, but that quote is eye opening at how much talent we went out and brought in for the DL.  

Cut trade who cares but let's not take that cap hit if we can fill other holes. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We currently have 10 defensive lineman.

I now seriously doubt Daryl Johnson makes the team.  I would also guess we only dress 8 DL on game day so someone will be inactive.

I think rosters got expanded to 55 players if not Johnson could still be a Practice Squad guy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like he really wanted Moss and the gap between him and the next guy was pretty big 

Yup.  I was thinking RB in the 4th, but when AJ Dillon went at the end of the 2nd and the run on RBs in the 3rd, they had to pounce. 

6 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Johnson still has upside. 

I think Murphy’s contract makes him tough to move, but I’d take just about anything to move him and just continue developing Johnson.

Murphy's got 1 year left on his deal and cutting/trading him would save almost $4.7M on the cap.