Full list of Comp picks

25 minutes ago, Roger Goodell said:

Due to an oversight by the league office, New England was not granted a 4th round compensatory pick.  That pick has now been awarded.  To compensate the Patriots for their pain and suffering, the league has also granted New England a 5th round compensatory pick.

Cheapskate.  Make it 6.  

5 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I don't remember buffalo getting a 3rd when they lost  Gilmore 

We signed Hyde, Poyer, Haushka, & some scrubs, but lost Gilmore & Robert Woods who got huge deals. I still don't understand it.

9 minutes ago, 947 said:

We signed Hyde, Poyer, Haushka, & some scrubs, but lost Gilmore & Robert Woods who got huge deals. I still don't understand it.

Simple as out going FA vs in coming FA.  Players, cut dont count into it the formula.  If Buffalo hits on this offseason.  Ie draft and FA, I think this will be the last year Buffalo has more incoming vs outgoing Fa.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

If a team signs more than they  lose they get zero picks. It’s net loss compared to net gain. If team A has a net loss the picks are rewarded according to the highest contracts other teams gave team A’s free agents.

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Teams receiving third round comp picks this year:

Patriots: 12-4 and playoffs (x2)

Texans: 10-6 and playoffs

Steelers: 8-8 and almost playoffs

Giants: 4-12

Seahawks: 11-5 and playoffs

Eagles: 9-7 and playoffs

Rams: 9-7 and almost playoffs

Vikings: 10-6 and playoffs

Ravens: 14-2 and playoffs

So almost every pick went to a playoff team from the previous year. This is such a disgrace.

Smart teams make the playoffs because know how to play the game. Its not always worth re-signing your own if you can pick up a 3rd or 4th if someone else does

7 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Its not about individual free agents, its the balance of signings and losses

7 hours ago, Capco said:

I understand that's how it works, but it doesn't make sense in a league of supposed parity.  It's the opposite of the logic that is applied to the rest of the draft, i.e. the worst teams get the best draft value and vice versa.  

Which is fine. It shouldn't all be about parity otherwise you may as well automatically award 8-8 seasons to every team and save the hassle of actually playing. 

Rewarding success is a good thing. 

10 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Smart teams make the playoffs because know how to play the game. Its not always worth re-signing your own if you can pick up a 3rd or 4th if someone else does

Right, but this is exactly my point. Comp picks aren't supposed to be for smart teams that make the playoffs.

Comp picks are supposed to be for teams concerned with losing talent because the DON'T make the playoffs and CAN'T retain talent.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They didn’t because McD chose to keep a couple of street free agent WRs that did nothing for the team. If he had cut them and or the useless fullback they would have had a third round pick.

Are we really still doing this?

The team had ZERO talent and we needed to cut a bunch of bad contracts and replace them with something. They were in a horrible position.

They used those players to make the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and still put us in a great position for the future.

Be grateful. 

17 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

In case nobody else answered you, we didn't get a compensatory pick for him essentially because we signed Vlad Ducasse and Andre Holmes. It all depends on how many players you lose and how many you sign. I believe we ultimately signed the same number so therefore, we would have needed to release one of our signings during the year to get a comp pick for Gilmore. We ultimately decided not to release Ducasse or Holmes and therefore burned the asset. That was also the offseason we lost Woods so we could have gotten two good picks if we wanted, but Beane didn't prioritize that despite what he always says to the media.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

what irritated me ..

The Cheats got a comp pick for 

LaAdrian Waddle

Who didn't play a snap due to injury.  

No they didn't.

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Right, but this is exactly my point. Comp picks aren't supposed to be for smart teams that make the playoffs.

Comp picks are supposed to be for teams concerned with losing talent because the DON'T make the playoffs and CAN'T retain talent.

Comps picks are for anyone that loses players for cap reasons. Its a known formula that GMs are more than aware of and must be factored into their decision making. If the Bills ever get to the point where we make the playoffs every year & our players become overvalued, i think your tune will change. I have no problem with the current comp pick situation 

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

No they didn't.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-pick-reset-patriots-awarded-nfl-high-four-compensatory-picks

well then I guess I read that wrong 

Compensatory selections are given to teams that lose more compensatory free agents than it acquires the previous year. In the Patriots' case, they lost Malcom Brown, Trey Flowers, Trent Brown, Chris Hogan, Cordarrelle Patterson, Eric Rowe, and LaAdrian Waddle. They gained only Brandon Bolden.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/2020-nfl-draft-pick-reset-patriots-awarded-nfl-high-four-compensatory-picks

well then I guess I read that wrong 

Compensatory selections are given to teams that lose more compensatory free agents than it acquires the previous year. In the Patriots' case, they lost Malcom Brown, Trey Flowers, Trent Brown, Chris Hogan, Cordarrelle Patterson, Eric Rowe, and LaAdrian Waddle. They gained only Brandon Bolden.

Waddle and Hogan were cancelled out by signings and then they didn’t get one for Rowe either because the NFL ran out of comp picks to give out. They technically should have had 5 comp picks this year. So long story short, letting Waddle go didn’t ultimately affect their comp picks or ours

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Waddle and Hogan were cancelled out by signings and then they didn’t get one for Rowe either because the NFL ran out of comp picks to give out. They technically should have had 5 comp picks this year. So long story short, letting Waddle go didn’t ultimately affect their comp picks or ours

He was still mentioned as a player lost and was part of the “formula”. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He was still mentioned as a player lost and was part of the “formula”. 

Yes but even if he didn’t leave the Patriots, they get the same 4 comp picks and we still get 0.

13 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Are we really still doing this?

The team had ZERO talent and we needed to cut a bunch of bad contracts and replace them with something. They were in a horrible position.

They used those players to make the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and still put us in a great position for the future.

Be grateful. 

The response was related to the loss of a comp pick for Gilmore. All McD had to do was cut Holmes and one other player.  Holmes could have been replaced with a guy at the local Planet Fitness. Ducasse was a starter but was terrible most of the year. He did play better down the stretch, but John Miller could have filled in for a few games.  The FB has been useless the entire time he has been here.