Ted's hot dogs: the best?

Are Ted's hot dogs the best in the observable universe?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ted's hot dogs the best?

• Yes
    • Yes

On 3/9/2020 at 12:04 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Whenever I come home, the first and last place I stop is a little hole in the wall diner in Lackawanna, right by the South Buffalo border called "Abbott Texas Hots." The dogs themselves are Salhen's I believe, so good, but nothing special. But their sauce is the best Texas sauce I've ever had. I always get 2-3 hot dogs, drizzled in sauce, and fries with a side of the sauce. I'd buy a jar, but the owner is very secretive about the recipe and won't let anybody have more than they'll need for a meal. 

Yes 100%

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

You tell me: are Ted's the best or not?

So, since both poll options are “YES”, are you an investor in Ted’s? So far, the poll results are 22-2.....yes. I’m confused. 

:)

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It hits you fast so you go in the gas station bathroom.  It might be safer to eat it sitting on the toilet.

Like the CERN Large Hotdog Accelerator? You need a sturdy throne for that impact! 

For hot dog joints Ted's is pretty good but I am a Zorbas guy myself. That is my "must-visit" when back in the Buffalo area.

As for hot dog brands I have been converted into a Hofmann guy since moving to the Syracuse area. Nothing like a Hofmann coney with some spicy mustard fresh off the grill.

On 3/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The best.  Two regular, burnt beyond recognition, with dill pickles and onion.  When I was still courting Bride #2, I think the trip to Ted’s Sheridan Drive was what sealed the deal.  (Draw your own conclusions...)

"OH MY! IT'S SO BIG!"

On 3/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Did she order the footlong?

On 3/8/2020 at 4:10 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Your host! Now that's a name from childhood.

A. K. A. "Your Lost"

On 3/9/2020 at 3:14 PM, Needle said:

Zweigle's by a mile. Ted's is okay but as far as the actual dog goes.......not close. I've eaten at Ted's a dozen or so times over the years and I never understood the craze.

Ted's (Sahlens) and Zweigles are both excellent in their own ways.

Where are the Syracuse peeps repping Heid's in Liverpool?

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

For hot dog joints Ted's is pretty good but I am a Zorbas guy myself. That is my "must-visit" when back in the Buffalo area.

As for hot dog brands I have been converted into a Hofmann guy since moving to the Syracuse area. Nothing like a Hofmann coney with some spicy mustard fresh off the grill.

There it is.

LDR Char Pit, anyone?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ted's (Sahlens) and Zweigles are both excellent in their own ways.

Where are the Syracuse peeps repping Heid's in Liverpool?

There it is.

LDR Char Pit, anyone?

On our way to the Dome to see our local football team compete in (and win) the states, we went to Heid's.  Loved it!!  Even got a jar of mustard to take home.

My first stop every time I'm back.  Two burned with sauce, onion, and pickle, rings.  It's heaven.

Way, way back in the day when I was 10 years old I played baseball for the Lincoln Park Lions.  an 8 year old kid named Teddy tried out and made the team, played center field.  He was the grandson of the guy who started Ted's.  Teddy's dad ran the Sheridan store (only one other than the one next to the Peace Bridge then), and he was so happy Teddy was on the team he told us we could get free lunch if we won on Saturday morning.  We went undefeated and I still have great memories of going to get lunch with the team.

Wow, all these people posting on the onion rings.  I find them horrendous.  So greasy, not crispy, batter falling off all the time.  No thanks.  Maybe its just the sheridan drive location?  I'll just take my dogs with a small fry with vinegar and ketchup on the fries. 

12 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Wow, all these people posting on the onion rings.  I find them horrendous.  So greasy, not crispy, batter falling off all the time.  No thanks.  Maybe its just the sheridan drive location?  I'll just take my dogs with a small fry with vinegar and ketchup on the fries. 

That onion ring seems peculiar to Ted’s.  Like black licorice and liverwurst, it may well be an acquired taste.  ?

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

My first stop every time I'm back.  Two burned with sauce, onion, and pickle, rings.  It's heaven.

Way, way back in the day when I was 10 years old I played baseball for the Lincoln Park Lions.  an 8 year old kid named Teddy tried out and made the team, played center field.  He was the grandson of the guy who started Ted's.  Teddy's dad ran the Sheridan store (only one other than the one next to the Peace Bridge then), and he was so happy Teddy was on the team he told us we could get free lunch if we won on Saturday morning.  We went undefeated and I still have great memories of going to get lunch with the team.

I wonder if that was the grandson who founded the ‘Theodores’ chain a few years back.  Eventually it folded, menu was virtually identical to Ted’s, and if I recall correctly, it was founded by a relative of the original Ted.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That onion ring seems peculiar to Ted’s.  Like black licorice and liverwurst, it may well be an acquired taste.  ?

I wonder if that was the grandson who founded the ‘Theodores’ chain a few years back.  Eventually it folded, menu was virtually identical to Ted’s, and if I recall correctly, it was founded by a relative of the original Ted.

Yes it was.  It's a shame the family got into such disputes.

5 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Image result for out gif