Cover 1 Ruggs is more than just speed

Reed83HOF

https://www.cover1.net/henry-ruggs-alabama-nfl-draft/

This is a prospect who has grown and developed as a route running technician during his three years at Alabama. He’s developed so much in that area that he’s quietly become one of the better route runners in the entire draft class, which would not necessarily have been the case at this time last year. 

Ruggs’ quickness aid his releases against press coverage at the line of scrimmage, but his footwork is also crisp. Rarely do you see him waste movements out of his stance or in his stem, and he’s constantly gaining ground and re-setting the line of scrimmage in his favor.  Against LSU, he showed how dangerous his combination of footwork at the line of scrimmage and explosiveness at the top of the route can be.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

No chance at him.

depending on FA - we could see a very specific target even at high cost and he’d make a lot of sense. Major need, lots of familiarity, and genuinely could be 1-2 pieces away come the draft, assuming you think josh is the guy

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Augie said:

Amazing! That sounds like our kind of guy. Needing 12-14 plays to score every time keeps our points down just a bit.

Watch the clips in the article, great route running, contested catches, adjust for the ball. Ruggs & Smoke with Beasley in the slot and Knox/TE upgrade & Singletary in the space underneath...it would be a dream.

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s gonna go top 10.

Gonna be the first WR off the board

Ruggs, Jeudy then Lamb

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.cover1.net/henry-ruggs-alabama-nfl-draft/

This is a prospect who has grown and developed as a route running technician during his three years at Alabama. He’s developed so much in that area that he’s quietly become one of the better route runners in the entire draft class, which would not necessarily have been the case at this time last year. 

Ruggs’ quickness aid his releases against press coverage at the line of scrimmage, but his footwork is also crisp. Rarely do you see him waste movements out of his stance or in his stem, and he’s constantly gaining ground and re-setting the line of scrimmage in his favor.  Against LSU, he showed how dangerous his combination of footwork at the line of scrimmage and explosiveness at the top of the route can be.

Get a room

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Watch the clips in the article, great route running, contested catches, adjust for the ball. Ruggs & Smoke with Beasley in the slot and Knox/TE upgrade & Singletary in the space underneath...it would be a dream.

Gonna be the first WR off the board

Ruggs, Jeudy then Lamb

I agree, he has the most upside after the results of the combine.

Also looks like Ceedee Lamb could still be there. He has Deandre Hopkins numbers across the board with one big red flag.... His hands are almost an inch smaller than any Star WR I can compare him too...

Everything I've read about the guy has been pretty positive.  He'll definitely go pretty early in the draft.  One scout called him a faster version of Manny Sanders coming out of college.  I hope that is a more accurate comparison than the superficial one made by members of the media to John Ross.  Ross has pretty much been a bust due to injuries at this point.

The Bills could do much worse than drafting this guy.

10 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

And he injured his leg running at the Combine.

Possible quad?

That's why IDGAF about the combine

People don't realize how many people get hurt trying to blaze a 40 when millions depend on it

Not the first or last you'll see it but I think he's ok

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

No chance at him.

I disagree. I am by no means positive that he will be there when we draft but I don't view it as impossible.

I don't think that many people understand that a case could be made for calling him the 4th best wire receiver on the Crimson Tide last season. When the draft gets closer I will get into this a bit more.