Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Damn Weatherly is genuinely the first guy I'm disappointed we didn't sign. He's young, signed for reasonable money, and looked great whenever he got a chance to play which wasn't a lot being behind two Pro Bowlers. Carolina did well on this one.

On the plus side, we'll definitely be signing him in 2 years when this contract is up! ?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Normally at this point of free agency I’m like “man I can’t believe the Bills didn’t sign ____ for _____!!” Honestly the only thing today I would’ve done is that Nuk trade.

Yep Same. So far anyway

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

100%. As your quote said, the Bills now have the most cap space left of any team by a huge margin. We are great shape and should be able to get our guys without fear of being outbid. Aside from a couple deals (Hooper, Lawson, and Keenum who I would have been interested in but definitely got the Day 1 FA overpay), all the guys I was targeting are still there. Keep the faith!

Before FA, the 5 teams with the most cap space were:

1. Miami Dolphins
  2. Buffalo Bills
  3. Indianapolis Colts
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  5. Cleveland Browns

I could be wrong, but it now looks like the 5 teams with the most cap space are:

1. Buffalo Bills
  2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  3. New York Jets
  4. Los Angeles Chargers
  5. Houston Texans
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ravens just gonna run a 4 DT line. 

that doesn’t seem like an effective team building model. They better hope Jones isn’t as overrated as he definitely is.

Well that will be Tre Whites Baseline contract 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Cap space is there to spend. No points for accumulating it.

Yeah that's fair, but free agency isn't over yet. In fact, it's barely started. 

And to your point, you don't get points for spending your cap space either. I like a few of the deals signed by other teams today, but other than the Lawson move, I would not be happy with how Miami has spent their money if I was a Dolphins fan. 

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Gandalf

Yeah totally. Harry Potter #1? Psh, that should be Gandalf for sure.

Just now, jkx2 said:

May be the Bills thought the NFL postponed free agency due to the coronavirus. 

Maybe free agency hasn't started yet...