Jump to content
Roch-A-Bill

Jordan Palmer on Josh Allen

Recommended Posts

What’s the jist of the interview? 
inquiring minds want to o know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palmer said he believes Allen will be a top ten deep ball thrower next year because his pattern has been when he sees a problem he corrects it. 
 

Said Beane and McD are the right guys for Allen. 
 

Mentioned that Allen wants to be a Bill his entire career and he wants to be great. He’s been working his tail off since he got there and Allen and Buffalo are one of the all time great fits. 
 

Good stuff. I recommend listening to it. 

  • Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whorlnut said:

Palmer said he believes Allen will be a top ten deep ball thrower next year because his pattern has been when he sees a problem he corrects it. 
 

Said Beane and McD are the right guys for Allen. 
 

Mentioned that Allen wants to be a Bill his entire career and he wants to be great. He’s been working his tail off since he got there and Allen and Buffalo are one of the all time great fits. 
 

Good stuff. I recommend listening to it. 

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

 

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Meh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

 

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.

 

Why do we need his criticism? We have so many experts here!  :)

 

But yes, it’s not like he’s going to say “he’s made very little progress in the offseason, I don’t see much hope for him.” 

 

Technically, saying he fixes what’s broken and he’ll be a top 10 deep passer next year, he was saying his long ball was lacking last year. It’s an acknowledgement of what’s been subpar. 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good synopsis @whorlnut. Aside from reiterating that everyone should give a listen, Palmer followed up Josh’s love of Buffalo saying “he wants to win the Super Bowl next year”. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

 

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.

With Allen he’s darned if he does and darned if he doesn’t. When I listened to Palmer saying that I knew this would be the exact reaction from some of you. SMH...

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Cliff notes for those who can’t listen right now?

 

Or a picture, for those of us who were expecting one from the way the title was phrased?

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

 

Or a picture, for those of us who were expecting one from the way the title was phrased?

Disturbing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

 

Or a picture, for those of us who were expecting one from the way the title was phrased?

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

 

Or a picture, for those of us who were expecting one from the way the title was phrased?

This type of reply is what makes life so special here...

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome listen. I’m fired up for the season. I could listen to Jordan Palmer talk about Josh Allen all day. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciated how Palmer said that as the year progresses the players become ‘out of shape’ (I wish I was that ‘out of shape’) and revert in form. Not sure if he’s saying this to keep players coming back or not but it does make a degree of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Palmer said he believes Allen will be a top ten deep ball thrower next year because his pattern has been when he sees a problem he corrects it. 
 

Said Beane and McD are the right guys for Allen. 
 

Mentioned that Allen wants to be a Bill his entire career and he wants to be great. He’s been working his tail off since he got there and Allen and Buffalo are one of the all time great fits. 
 

Good stuff. I recommend listening to it. 

 

This.  A few more points:

-Talked about how the timeline is different for the established starter vs the rookies or the guy who is trying to make the team.  Said when he was backing up his brother, they would train together all offseason and he had to peak in OTAs because he's trying to make the team, his brother would start touching the football in OTAs.

-Said guys after the season whether in the NFL or in college, are not in the best shape they've been in, they've had guys falling all over them, their footwork is messed up so they go back to basics.  Said he had Josh for a week without throwing the ball, then throwing one day a week, then throwing two days a week, just working on his base and footwork (kind of implied similar for the 4 veterans he's working with).  They're trying to figure out the biomechanical basis for any issues they did have and playing with things to get it right.

 

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I appreciated how Palmer said that as the year progresses the players become ‘out of shape’ (I wish I was that ‘out of shape’) and revert in form. Not sure if he’s saying this to keep players coming back or not but it does make a degree of sense. 

 

It's actually something I thought I saw, that Allen's footwork regressed a bit as the season went on.  Part of it was the sprained ankle that was never mentioned (the tape was just there for a couple weeks) and probably some other pains and strains, part of it was that we faced some better teams with better pass rush.  It would be good if the Bills coaching could come up with some extra time (ha!) for footwork cut-ups on film and some drills to try to keep this aspect sharper for Allen during the season.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would be good if the Bills coaching could come up with some extra time (ha!) for footwork cut-ups on film and some drills to try to keep this aspect sharper for Allen during the season


I agree and, to be honest, it surprises me to hear that McD (thus his coaches) doesn’t harp on this throughout the year. He almost constantly speaks of fundamentals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I agree and, to be honest, it surprises me to hear that McD (thus his coaches) doesn’t harp on this throughout the year. He almost constantly speaks of fundamentals. 

 

It's one thing to harp, it's another to build in time to work on the right stuff the right way when there's film to watch and game plan to install and rep count to complete.

The QB of necessity has the highest workload and is integral for all three of those tasks.  That's why I said extra time (ha!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

It's one thing to harp, it's another to build in time to work on the right stuff the right way when there's film to watch and game plan to install and rep count to complete.

The QB of necessity has the highest workload and is integral for all three of those tasks.  That's why I said extra time (ha!)


Yeah, not sure if I’m buying that: in business, I ‘harp’ on fundamentals while doing all my people do...it can be built in to the day to day routine. If not, it’s a missed opportunity...just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Right at the end of the interview Palmer says that Josh Loves buffalo, loves being here and is thinking of nothing else but being a Buffalo Bill for his entire NFL career. 

He says that Buffalo is the biggest city that Josh has ever lived in. 

 

Man I hope Josh works out. I love rooting for him. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Must Comment on the entire Jordan Palmer SCAM!  He's created a BRAND NAME for himself with nothing to back it up!

He played three years in the NFL and never started a game.  He completed 11 passes for 66 total yards, no TD's and 2 interceptions.

IF you THINK his $61 million dollar NET WORTH at age 35 came from his playing career you are very naive!

 

He's built up a wonderful 'guru' camp that appeals to young QB's that helps them with their self-confidence.  Footwork and accuracy are normally a natural reaction and not able to be taught.  When the pressure comes you revert to your natural instincts.

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 2
  • Skeptical 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I Must Comment on the entire Jordan Palmer SCAM!  He's created a BRAND NAME for himself with nothing to back it up!

He played three years in the NFL and never started a game.  He completed 11 passes for 66 total yards, no TD's and 2 interceptions.

IF you THINK his $61 million dollar NET WORTH at age 35 came from his playing career you are very naive!

 

He's built up a wonderful 'guru' camp that appeals to young QB's that helps them with their self-confidence.  Footwork and accuracy are normally a natural reaction and not able to be taught.  When the pressure comes you revert to your natural instincts.

 

 

 

I guess Wayne Gretzky should be a much better hockey coach than Craig Berube, considering that Wayne is the greatest hockey player of all time while Craig sucked. 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thanks for summarizing it.  But isn’t he Allen’s qb coach that works with him in the offseason.  I mean what else is he supposed to say?

 

i think it would be interesting to hear his criticisms of Allen and things he needs to improve on.


Did you not listen to the interview???  Let me summarize for you: deep ball definitely an area of work; footwork and some bad habits re-emerge from a long season and people falling around your feet.  Needs to improve on   throwing them open versus leading them on the intermediate and deep throws, he summed it up as non-verbal “put a pin on a map” communication with his WRs.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB48 said:

I Must Comment on the entire Jordan Palmer SCAM!  He's created a BRAND NAME for himself with nothing to back it up!

 

If you want to SCAM us into believing this you need to work harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

 

Right at the end of the interview Palmer says that Josh Loves buffalo, loves being here and is thinking of nothing else but being a Buffalo Bill for his entire NFL career. 

He says that Buffalo is the biggest city that Josh has ever lived in. 

 

Man I hope Josh works out. I love rooting for him. 

My jeans are suddenly getting tighter! 

  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

My jeans are suddenly getting tighter! 


If Chris Simms had done the interview, the “jean tightness” would have become excruciating. 
 

In the best way. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...