Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBills1998

Would you make a trade for Alshon Jeffery?

Recommended Posts

Yuck.  Dude is a walking injury.  There were also rumors he was the source talking crap about Wentz.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been discussed numerous times already. 
It doesn’t make any sense for them to trade him, and look at his dead cap.. End thread / 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the headline it’s Alshon, damn auto correct on my phone lol

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yuck.  Dude is a walking injury.  There were also rumors he was the source talking crap about Wentz.  

What did he say about Wentz? Also I think a lot of players last year were talking crap about Wentz and some went as far as saying they wished they could’ve kept Foles and traded Wentz away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Sorry about the headline it’s Alshon, damn auto correct on my phone lol

What did he say about Wentz? Also I think a lot of players last year were talking crap about Wentz and some went as far as saying they wished they could’ve kept Foles and traded Wentz away

Word on the street is he was the source for Josina Anderson talking about the locker room not fully being behind Wentz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Word on the street is he was the source for Josina Anderson talking about the locker room not fully being behind Wentz. 

But I remember there were more players that were Unsupportive of Wentz and were more in favor of Foles. Honestly I don’t think Wentz is all that, I think Foles is a lot better and it showed when he was playing that the team had more respect for Foles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's his cap hit?

 

In this draft with ALOT of WR's.  Last 6th round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Heard/read rumors that Philly might put him on the block for the right price. I’d say no more than a 4th round maybe a 5th round pick. Thoughts?? 

 

We had a thread about this a couple of weeks ago:

 

Bottom line, the Eagles were desperately thin at WR last year when Agholor and Jeffrey were hurt.  What they need is more help at WR, not less.

Agholor is a free agent.

 

Moreover, if the Eagles trade Jeffrey, they take on a $16.2M cap hit from his 4 years of amortized signing bonuses, which is actually larger than the $15.4M cap hit if they keep him.

 

I don't understand why people feel it would benefit the Eagles to do this at all.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trade for a WR, it should only be for Stefon Diggs or AJ Green. I am not sure Alshon Jeffrey would make an incremental contribution to our WR corps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

If we trade for a WR, it should only be for Stefon Diggs or AJ Green. I am not sure Alshon Jeffrey would make an incremental contribution to our WR corps.

Agree on Diggs, can’t trade for Green because he’s a free agent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.

 

Cap hit is high, hes old, hes always hurt and can't run anymore.  

 

Easy pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Heard/read rumors that Philly might put him on the block for the right price. I’d say no more than a 4th round maybe a 5th round pick. Thoughts?? 


The talk is that Eagles Could trade Alshon AND a 3rd or 4th round pick for like a 5th and 7th.  Another situation of shedding his contract.  
 

Kind of like the rumors around David Johnson.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Agree on Diggs, can’t trade for Green because he’s a free agent

Candidate for Franchise Tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading draft assets for guys like Alshon who not only are past their prime, but carry a huge contract is what dysfunctional franchises do. I could see the Bills doing this in the Whaley era, but we're not that organization anymore.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just hear it now "Rosen drops back, has plenty of time behind the Bills O line, he sees OBJ, AJ Green and Alshon Jeffery all open...he fires a dart 83 yards to Jeffery. TD Buffalo"

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I can just hear it now "Rosen drops back, has plenty of time behind the Bills O line, he sees OBJ, AJ Green and Alshon Jeffery all open...he fires a dart 83 yards to Jeffery. TD Buffalo"

 

Where's Amari Cooper in this scenario?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But I remember there were more players that were Unsupportive of Wentz and were more in favor of Foles. Honestly I don’t think Wentz is all that, I think Foles is a lot better and it showed when he was playing that the team had more respect for Foles 

 

So I am not a true Carson Wentz believer..... but Foles better? Not a chance. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

So I am not a true Carson Wentz believer..... but Foles better? Not a chance. 

Technically they did win a Super Bowl with him. And the team rallied around him more than they did Wentz. Wentz was statistically impressive that year but idk if they go all the way if he didn’t get hurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philo said:

 

Where's Amari Cooper in this scenario?

Great point!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...