The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

25 minutes ago, meazza said:

Happy birthday Mrs Chef.

Awww thanks man!  She had a great weekend.  She appreciated the wishes. 

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again in an effort to keep things simple, I’ve focused consistently (90 days now from the same site) on a single statistic....deaths. That’s the baseline in my scientific methodology. They can always fudge numbers on cases, new cases, and hospitalizations...but it’s hard to argue with deaths. You’re either dead or you’re not. It’s not a perfect analysis for sure but it’s simple and easy to track in a chat room. 

Well they can fudge what they died from. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes they can, but I’ve figured if I used the same site they ‘should’ count them the same every day. With so much misinformation these days, I felt if I went to the same single source throughout it would be the best baseline....and in my ‘study’ I’ve reported a daily and consistent plummeting of fatalities day after day after day for weeks. . 

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Happy Birthday Mrs. Chef.

On a different topic does anyone think that covid19 is here to stay for years? Just wondering what others think.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Happy Birthday Mrs. Chef.

On a different topic does anyone think that covid19 is here to stay for years? Just wondering what others think.

It's a Rona, and there is no reason to believe it won't go away just like MERs and SARs did. In fact evidence now coming out of Italy shows it may do so even quicker that they did.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's a Rona, and there is no reason to believe it won't go away just like MERs and SARs did. In fact evidence now coming out of Italy shows it may do so even quicker that they did.

Its not going away, but there is nothing to be done at this point. One of the doctors on Meet The Press today flat out said that the exposure is too great in the US to eradicate it and it will take a vaccine to rid ourselves of it. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Its not going away, but there is nothing to be done at this point. One of the doctors on Meet The Press today flat out said that the exposure is too great in the US to eradicate it and it will take a vaccine to rid ourselves of it. 

Lots of doctors have said lots of things. I for one am dizzy from the back and forth of the knowledgeable morons. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yesterday, Sunday, a total of 40 states reported single digit Covid 19 deaths and 20 of those reported ZERO. Those are the lowest numbers I’ve seen even for a Sunday. And NY State reported 37 deaths which is definitely a low point during the pandemic. 

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

I'm aware of what some supposed "experts" are saying, however as I stated, other Ronas HAVE gone away, and I see no evidence that this one will be an exception

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again in an effort to keep things simple, I’ve focused consistently (90 days now from the same site) on a single statistic....deaths. That’s the baseline in my scientific methodology. They can always fudge numbers on cases, new cases, and hospitalizations...but it’s hard to argue with deaths. You’re either dead or you’re not. It’s not a perfect analysis for sure but it’s simple and easy to track in a chat room. 

I wish that the ages of these deaths were more available, as well as if they had anything else going on at the time of their death.

Edited by Beast

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

It's worse down in the NYC/Jersey area because of the incompetence of De Blasio & Cuomo coupled with the commuting and travel in and out of the City on a daily basis. Cuomo & De Blasio simply weren't up to the task. They were totally unprepared and then begged for the Feds to bail them out. Once they were bailed out they then started to bite the hand that fed them. This of course was after stashing Covid-19 patients in nursing homes. Now they're letting everyone out of prison and De Blasio is recommending cutting the NYPD budget. I especially liked De Blasio's brilliant move to call for a curfew at 11:00 pm after a few nights of rioting that started around 9:00 pm. Don't judge the rest of the country on the basis of what the NYC area did. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

I wish that the ages of these deaths were more available, as well as if they had anything else going on at the time of their death.

They are readily available. I urge you to go to the CDC website where you’ll find the official statistics. What you’ll discover is that 90% of the deaths are from our ‘senior’ population and that a total of less than TEN school aged children have died from Covid 19 across the entire United States!. I choose to post only an overview because the deep data is way too cumbersome. 

• Like (+1) 1

Florida’s Department of Health on Saturday morning reported a new daily record high of 2,581 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 — surpassing the previous high by 679. The previous high was hit on Friday. And the high before that was hit on Thursday.

Opinion writer
June 15, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EDT

When red-state governors threw open the doors of businesses and public venues a few weeks ago — before infection rates dropped and without a robust testing or tracing system and strict social-distancing guidelines — the result was entirely predictable. Red-state governors boasted that they had a better idea than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They insisted they were smarter and tougher than governors following a go-slow approach. On May 19, I wrote: “If premature, rash and uninformed decision-making leads to unnecessary deaths, governors, candidly, will have blood on their hands. And the country will have a catastrophe in the making.” That is precisely what happened.

The Post reports: “Texas and its largest city, Houston — the fourth biggest in the country — are reaching new peaks in coronavirus hospitalizations amid a wave of warnings from officials that infections in many states are surging.” Hospitalizations in Texas reached more than 2,200 on Saturday. But it’s not just Texas. The Post notes that “hospitalizations related to the virus are up more than 10 percent since Memorial Day in at least 10 states — more than 120 percent in Arkansas and nearly 75 percent in Arizona."

Those three red states are paying the price for their governors’ arrogant and reckless disregard of expert advice. The red-state governors, who curried favor with President Trump by putting the economy over health, must be held accountable for the horrible result.