The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

FTA:

Also notice this detail from a March 22 announcement from Food and Drug Administration, which suggests that one possible solution is on the bedside tables of millions of Americans.

Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), auto-CPAP, and bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP or BPAP) machines typically used for treatment of sleep apnea (either in the home or facility setting) may be used to support patients with respiratory insufficiency provided appropriate monitoring (as available) and patient condition.

It’s hard to get a sense of how many CPAP machines are out there, but one manufacturer, ResMed, said in 2018 it had millions of patients. One company estimates 5 million Americans use CPAP machines.

I know we have one.

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What exactly are the preparations that everyone is claiming we should have had in place?  I have a smoke detector in my house.  Should everyone also have a family sized ventilator and a box of cheap masks?  Maybe from now on we should.

Well like countries that have slowed the infection rate they should have started making test kits ready since day one. We wouldn't have had to wait as long and still are short on testing. The countries that are still going about in the street started with full support of test kits.

Edited by Hardhatharry

3 hours ago, dubs said:

what would you do differently?

see, part of the problem with people like you and trans, and the media is that all you do is use vague statements and platitudes to emote your feelings and then criticize endlessly, yet you don’t offer a single critical thought or solution.  

Stop blaming everyone else while claiming to be THE expert for starters.  

What the... :blink:

National Cathedral to donate 5,000 respirator masks

<snip>

Washington National Cathedral said one of its stonemasons recently discovered boxes containing more than 5,000 respirator masks in storage on the cathedral’s crypt level. Almost all of the masks, which had been purchased about 10 years ago during a previous health scare, will be donated to two local hospitals.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

In other words, when hypothetically put into the shoes of the President you have absolutely no idea of what you would do differently, got it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That's rich, coming from you.

Pot, meet kettle....

23 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Well like countries that have slowed the infection rate they should have started making test kits ready since day one. We wouldn't have had to wait as long and still are short on testing. The countries that are still going about in the street started with full support of test kits.

And what countries are those, exactly? China, who can never tell the truth about anything? South Korea? I don't really see many countries out there, with any real numbers of infected, slowing down the spread. Italy? Spain? France? Germany? UK? We have a similar or lower infection rate when compared to any of them, and a lower death rate (based on confirmed cases) than all of them, except South Korea.

That can all change. However, if you are going to criticize this administration, then, to be intellectually honest, you need to criticize every government of every country out there  (outside of South Korea) that is experiencing any substantial number of infections. 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/11/2020 at 12:53 PM, Bandito said:

Yea. You are more likely to get HIV than this virus that hardly has affected anyone worldwide. You are more likely to get struck by lightning. But don't let a crisis go to waste.

When will Dr. Bandito make another appearance? 

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

In other words, when hypothetically put into the shoes of the President you have absolutely no idea of what you would do differently, got it.

Thanks Don Lover.  

Blind faith in a snake oils salesman serves us all well.  

I said I would listen to the experts and not talk out of my ass!!!! 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Thanks Don Lover.  

smoke another j, drink some more beer, and copy paste some more cnn links.   

hard worker 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Thanks Don Lover.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/489191-fauci-media-should-stop-pitting-me-against-trump

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/489191-fauci-media-should-stop-pitting-me-against-trump

"The president has listened to what I have said and what the other people on the task force have said. When I have made recommendations he has taken them," Fauci added. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful."

Shhhhh.... Never let the facts get in the way of a good tantrum...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I keep hoping  @SlimShady'sSpaceForce  and @transplantbillsfan   just like to troll for ***** and giggles, and that they doesn't really believe the crap they spout down here.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just checking in to see if there's still bizarro world where a small base believes Trump hasn't screwed the pooch with this entire situation that all goes back to his YUUUGE ego... ya know, his whole dismissal of the pandemic preparedness team and total and utter screwup of the initial testing. 

Yep... bizarro world is evidently alive and well over here. 

Now this moron wants everyone in Church by Easter??? What a jackass...

What distance will you guys go to defend this idiot?

I hope it's more than 6 feet

giphy.gif

Even though most of you won't likely admit it, at least you're mostly starting to understand that this guy won't be reelected and you're about to see @Deranged Rhino with a new avatar...

though I really don't know if he's going to care since he appears to be a Russian bot as he posts a whole lotta propaganda  :doh:

What's doubly hilarious about this tone deaf post: @transplantbillsfan made it the day 45 reaches his highest approval rate ever, and over 60% of the public agrees with how he handled the crisis. 

Secondly, he's still pushing "everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian bot" three years after its peak stupidity. 

You can't get more tone deaf than that combo. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This is the same affiliate who is not only in one of the country's hot zones, but also spent most of yesterday pushing the fake news story about the AZ man dying from ingesting fish tank cleaner (while leaving out the whole "he ingested fish tank cleaner). 

TDS is worse than the 'Rona. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the same affiliate who is not only in one of the country's hot zones, but also spent most of yesterday pushing the fake news story about the AZ man dying from ingesting fish tank cleaner (while leaving out the whole "he ingested fish tank cleaner). 

Given the approval polls coming out, it appears the media has decided less of Trump will get them to stop climbing so they can start yelling that Trump isn't doing anything.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The left-wing media is pushing real hard to not show Trump’s briefings because they look at it as free political airtime and his ratings are going up. Not for any other reason.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The left-wing media is pushing real hard to not show Trump’s briefings because they look at it as free political airtime and his ratings are going up. Not for any other reason.

Yup. 

For three years all the media has done is clamor for the WH to reopen the briefing room and give interviews not by a helicopter. Then that happens, people respond positively to Trump (which is what always happens the more people see him unfiltered), and the media completely reverses course. 

(Because they're not interested in truth or journalism, just pushing their agenda which is to hurt Trump and the country by extension.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

For three years all the media has done is clamor for the WH to reopen the briefing room and give interviews not by a helicopter. Then that happens, people respond positively to Trump (which is what always happens the more people see him unfiltered), and the media completely reverses course. 

(Because they're not interested in truth or journalism, just pushing their agenda which is to hurt Trump and the country by extension.)

Absolutely.

Democrats need to collectively look in the mirror and say to themselves, “We have met the enemy of the American people and it is us.“

Recognizing the problem is always the first step toward finding a solution....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Because they -- the liberal NYC officials -- want the virus to spread to own Trump. TDS is worse than 'Rona)

It's actually because the CDC guidelines do not match the federal guidelines. The default position is to follow CDC guidelines.

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

It's actually because the CDC guidelines do not match the federal guidelines. The default position is to follow CDC guidelines.

So, the federal guidelines are more strict? Does that mean that Trump is now doing too much?

Asking for a friend...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Which differ how, in this instance? 

He's full of it. Every expert yesterday pushed that order and this official is flaunting it. Not because of the CDC, but because they are rampant partisans who'd rather see people die than Trump be in office. Gary is the same way himself, as he's done nothing but support every illegal attempt to undo 45's election for the past three years. He lives up to his avatar. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Which differ how, in this instance? 

Nothing in the CDC guidelines speaks to domestic travel to or from NYC.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, the federal guidelines are more strict? Does that mean that Trump is now doing too much?

People are free to travel in and out of NYC so not sure Trump has done anything. I wish he had shut down the country - so no, I would not say he is doing too much.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's full of it. Every expert yesterday pushed that order and this official is flaunting it. 

Please show the guidelines that are pushing this order. Dr. Birx. mentioned it yesterday. Who were the other experts?

Edited by Gary Busey

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I keep hoping  @SlimShady'sSpaceForce  and @transplantbillsfan   just like to troll for ***** and giggles, and that they doesn't really believe the crap they spout down here.

I readily admit.  I do like to troll  here.   BUT 

I pray to GOD that most of you people don't believe Don is fault free from this catastrophic event.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I pray to GOD that most of you people don't believe Don is fault free from this catastrophic event.

Most of us pray as well, just for things that are more benevolent and helpful.

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What do you think President Trump could have done differently? What do you think he should be doing differently? Specifics please. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So the instruction is to ignore the federal guideline for a guideline that doesn't exist? Odd suggestion. 

The instruction is to follow the CDC guidelines. It's what officials have been saying for quite awhile. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So the instruction is to ignore the federal guideline for a guideline that doesn't exist? Odd suggestion. 

Exactly. First he said it was because the CDC guidelines and federal guidelines do not match, implying he was aware of what was in the guidelines for each. Next he says there are no federal guidelines. On par with most of his posting.

• Like (+1) 4

Google/DuckDuckGo coronavirus federal guidelines. It will take you to the CDC website.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Exactly. First he said it was because the CDC guidelines and federal guidelines do not match, implying he was aware of what was in the guidelines for each. Next he says there are no federal guidelines. On par with most of his posting.

Please point me to the federal guidelines

Just now, Gary Busey said:

The instruction is to follow the CDC guidelines. It's what officials have been saying for quite awhile. 

The instructions, per that tweet, are to ignore the federal guidelines. Perhaps stating that, in instances of overlap, CDC supercedes fed is a better approach than ignoring guidelines for specific circumstances not covered by the CDC?