The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, jrober38 said:

The mortality rate in Italy is 8%.

You, of course, realize that that number is 8% of CONFIRMED CASES, not the entire population of Italy?

Just now, Hardhatharry said:

Just idiots like you.

Who let this piece of garbage in here? Isn't tibs enough?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Only dumb people compare it to the flu and in PPP there is no shortage of those...

You can't post rationally on the main boards without getting deleted. I'm sure your takes are super rational though. ??

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You, of course, realize that that number is 8% of CONFIRMED CASES, not the entire population of Italy?

Italy has done a very good job testing. Not as good as places like South Korea, but until it's not 8% I'll assume it is.

The worst is yet to come in the US. It's going to get way worse before it gets any better. 

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What if it kills 5% of the population?

Or 8% like in Italy?

How many lives are expendable? 

8% of what?  The whole population?  Confirmed cases?  People who go to the hospital?  People who test positive?  It's not a very meaningful metric without defining the denominator.  And of course Italy has a much older population than say, the US.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You guys are trying to inform a bunch of people in this thread who "Thinks it's the flu" and who "Think this is a big ploy and everyone else is sheep" 

Stop wasting your time these people cannot be helped.

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

You can't post rationally on the main boards without getting deleted. I'm sure your takes are super rational though. ??

Why do your posts get deleted, b.c mine don't.

Just now, mannc said:

8% of what?  The whole population?  Confirmed cases?  People who go to the hospital?  People who test positive?  It's not a very meaningful metric without defining the denominator.  And of course Italy has a much older population than say, the US.   

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Anyone who's assuming 8% of Italy's ENTIRE POPULATION will die from this is likely hysterical.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Anyone who's assuming 8% of Italy's ENTIRE POPULATION will die from this is likely hysterical.

Italy is an example of what happens when the healthcare system fails due to being overwhelmed.

That hasn't happened in the US yet. 

It will happen in 3-6 weeks depending on where you are. 

At that point the number of deaths is going to sky rocket. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

You guys are trying to inform a bunch of people in this thread who "Thinks it's the flu" and who "Think this is a big ploy and everyone else is sheep" 

Stop wasting your time these people cannot be helped.

Why do your posts get deleted, b.c mine don't.

Yours do. I've tried to respond to your comment multiple times. Keep doing you mouthbreather. Your feelings are important.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Wake me up when 8%of Italy's total population dies.

It. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Italy has about 60 million citizens. For 8% of their population to die, 4.8 MILLION Italians will have to die from this disease. That's not happening, man.

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

Think that will change your idiotic views?

You're cool. You responded to my rational thought in the OTW thread and got yourself and me deleted. I hope you can control yourself here.

Edited by LB3

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

You're cool. You responded to my rational thought in the OTW thread and got yourself and me deleted. I hope you can control yourself here.

It means your thought wasn't rational. So you got your post deleted and blame other people..

Interesting.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Italy is an example of what happens when the healthcare system fails due to being overwhelmed.

That hasn't happened in the US yet. 

It will happen in 3-6 weeks depending on where you are. 

We keep reading this, but it really hasn't happened anywhere.  There will undoubtedly be pockets where there are more deaths than other places, but there is nothing going on that justifies shuttering entire states and provinces.  The state where I live just issued a "shelter at home" edict, yet more than half the counties in the state have zero reported cases and a third of the counties have 2 or 3.  I'm sure it's similar in NY State.  We need targeted, common sense measures, not statewide martial law.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hardhatharry said:

It means your thought wasn't rational. So you got your post deleted and blame other people..

Interesting.

Mine was there. After yours got deleted. @Hapless Bills Fan just didn't like me adding context which I totally get. They wanted a fact based only thread. I only added context.

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Mine was there. After yours got deleted. @Hapless Bills Fan just didn't like me adding context which I totally get. They wanted a fact based only thread. I only added context.

Going off topic. Hapless is awesome here.  Everything I read here he helps me out his post and info is just amazing. Plus good person for who he is.

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Yea b.c you have no facts ever. So you post something not rational, then blame others for it being deleted. Ask Hapless if he deleted it or I deleted that. I bet the answer would surprise you, I knew it would only be a matter of time for your post to get deleted so I deleted mine. I bet Hapless didn't even know I responded.

So anything else dumbass? That was fun so again stop getting your posts deleted and maybe learn a thing or two about this virus before you ever post again.

Edited by Hardhatharry

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Yea b.c you have no facts ever. So you post something not rational, then blame others for it being deleted. Ask Hapless if he deleted it or I deleted that. I bet the answer would surprise you, I knew it would only be a matter of time for your post to get deleted so I deleted mine. I bet Hapless didn't even know I responded.

So anything else dumbass? That was fun so again stop getting your posts deleted and maybe learn a thing or two about this virus before you ever post again.

Awww.. you're adorable. 

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Says the guy who gets his posts deleted and doesn't know how to deal with the virus.

Hey buddy. I couldn't respond to you on OTW cus you you couldn't keep your feelings in check. I ❤️ you though.

Edited by LB3

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, he's a so-called expert...

Social Distancing is a really good thing. It's stupid to think to end it now. Where it is bad right now. Not only here but world as well. 

Just now, Gary Busey said:

Wow posted something yesterday way far less. Damn numbers went up big time. 

23 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right glad you are ok from NYC. I'm sure possibly you made some precautions. Ya looks like it's going to get bad there. Make sure be careful there. if you can don't go there anytime soon. 

Assuming lots police for NYC infected. Possibly.  

My post yesterday for NYPD

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

And today

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

This thing hasn't even hit hard yet. In two weeks when NYC hospitals are completely overwhelmed and people are dying in the hallways the death rate is going to begin to rise. 

Could you be any more melodramatic? You have no clue what it will be like in two weeks, or four weeks, or eight weeks. Why don't we wait and see...

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

#wordsalad

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1