The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: When will you travel again?
Trump: I don't know.  And then he pointed out he's been in the WH for months, and only went to launch that ship. Monologued about the ship.
Pence will be going to Colorado for the air force commencement. Trump will be doing west point. They will be having social distancing at both places.

Yup, he put the press up to asking the question. :rolleyes:

Consider the source. Asshatharry normally just follows people around and posts negative emojis on every post that isn't done by a liberal nut job. 

14 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

***** China.

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!” 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!” 

***** you, too.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

***** you, too.

“Q-baby! has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates his effort and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank Q-baby!”

Edited by Q-baby!

Not sure if I posted this? 

??? He’s the goodest!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Is that what you took away from that?  FYI, they are not loans if used to keep folks employed and fund payroll, the PPP extends grant money, ya silly goose.

On your point about being connected--I agree with you, those with the capacity and power get in line first and have the resources to get things accomplished that I do not.  That's an unfortunate part of life, but it's a reality that is on a continuous auto-loop decade after decade after decade.  As an example, @transplantbillsfan indicated he is a teacher.  Seems like a nice enough guy, probably has a couple loose screws upstairs ?, who knows--maybe he feels the same about me, or thinks about me not at all.  I don't know where he works, but let's assume he's a teacher in the public school system.  Relative to most Americans, he would be a have.  Income continues unchecked, benefits continue unchecked, pension continues unchecked and ultimately unmarred by market performance on the down side.  There has not been one call, one scream, nor even a whisper to stop/forgive/defer/negotiate property and school taxes even though "people are hurting".  I'm self employed, my business is impacted and I shared my PPP story.  I still have to figure a way to pay the king come October, like it or not, income challenged or not. 

He's a have*. I'm a have not. 

Do we really have to pretend this doesn't play out everyday across the country, pandemic or not?

It seems silly to me.  I wish nothing but good things for Transpy as a human being, but the facts are what they are.  

Stay safe.

*Again, in my analogy, the presumption is Transplant isn't the Sex Ed teacher at Cardinal O'Hara.  

First of all, I'm flattered you're thinking of me.

Second of all, you aren't paying attention with your "not one call" bullcrap. Our Governor said this week his plan is to implement a 20% paycut to all federal employees in the Aloha state starting May 1st. Now, I don't expect that's what it'll end up being. I expect something in the range more of a 5% or 10% paycut.

And guess what: I'm fine with that. Not 20%. In that case you're talking about mortgages, rents, and food on the table. But 5% or even 10% for a time I accept and understand. We teachers also bore the state's burden after the Great Recession with "Furlough Fridays," which were 18 Fridays teachers were forced not to work--meaning school closures--for a cumulative 8% paycut, which is significant. Any pay cut is significant in a state with the highest standard of living in the country.

Third of all, stop putting your problems on teachers. You guys over here seem to bemoan teachers and almost any government workers. I have no idea what most of you do over here, but by the sounds of it, most of you are in the private sector.

That was your choice.

Many of you likely chose to work in the private sector because you can make more money. And by the sounds of it, there's one or two of you who've retired pretty young, so you did.

Good for you.

If you just got into the private sector in the last few years, my guess is you're really hurting. And I am genuinely sorry. 

But the private sector is also inherently more volatile and you lack the job security you would have as... say... a teacher.

I still have a job and I thank God every day that both my wife and I still do--and in case you're wondering, my wife is in the private sector. I have been anticipating discussions about a cut in pay for awhile, and in-state, it came this week. Much like our "Furlough Fridays" when I used those as an extra day to surf and dealt with the blow to my bank account, I will do the same here. I will manage. And I will enjoy my Summer since in Hawai'i state schools would finish a month earlier than on the mainland, anyway... so my Summer will be coming relatively soon.

It's funny. Teaching has been my dream job since I was a Freshman in High School. I love it and I'm damn good at it.

As much as you and others might want to ridicule me for being a teacher, at the very least, since it's apparently such an easy job to do, I think more of you who are struggling in the private sector not getting a paycheck right now should reconsider and switch to a very rewarding and very stable career as a public school teacher. :thumbsup:

PS: Notice I said "public school teacher." My wife, a product of a private school, has tried to persuade me to teach at a Private school for YEARS where pay is higher... by a little. I would NEVER work at a Private school here, even Punahou, which is where Obama went. 

No Union.

No Job Security.

So maybe you and your Freebird/Sweet Home Alabama lovin should just consider being a teacher rather than pi$$ing and moaning about how good you think teacher's have it--your lifetime earnings might not be as high as what you're going to make in the private sector, but you'll keep you're job if you aren't utterly incompetent

Since this is my dream job, anyway, I know I at least love work! :beer:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The media are those kids you knew in school who loved to spread gossip and discord. Those kids grew up to be journalists. All drama,  and certainly not paying attention in class! .

The people you describe is everyone who posts in social media. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

First of all, I'm flattered you're thinking of me.

Second of all, you aren't paying attention with your "not one call" bullcrap. Our Governor said this week his plan is to implement a 20% paycut to all federal employees in the Aloha state starting May 1st. Now, I don't expect that's what it'll end up being. I expect something in the range more of a 5% or 10% paycut.

And guess what: I'm fine with that. Not 20%. In that case you're talking about mortgages, rents, and food on the table. But 5% or even 10% for a time I accept and understand. We teachers also bore the state's burden after the Great Recession with "Furlough Fridays," which were 18 Fridays teachers were forced not to work--meaning school closures--for a cumulative 8% paycut, which is significant. Any pay cut is significant in a state with the highest standard of living in the country.

Third of all, stop putting your problems on teachers. You guys over here seem to bemoan teachers and almost any government workers. I have no idea what most of you do over here, but by the sounds of it, most of you are in the private sector.

That was your choice.

Many of you likely chose to work in the private sector because you can make more money. And by the sounds of it, there's one or two of you who've retired pretty young, so you did.

Good for you.

If you just got into the private sector in the last few years, my guess is you're really hurting. And I am genuinely sorry. 

But the private sector is also inherently more volatile and you lack the job security you would have as... say... a teacher.

I still have a job and I thank God every day that both my wife and I still do--and in case you're wondering, my wife is in the private sector. I have been anticipating discussions about a cut in pay for awhile, and in-state, it came this week. Much like our "Furlough Fridays" when I used those as an extra day to surf and dealt with the blow to my bank account, I will do the same here. I will manage. And I will enjoy my Summer since in Hawai'i state schools would finish a month earlier than on the mainland, anyway... so my Summer will be coming relatively soon.

It's funny. Teaching has been my dream job since I was a Freshman in High School. I love it and I'm damn good at it.

As much as you and others might want to ridicule me for being a teacher, at the very least, since it's apparently such an easy job to do, I think more of you who are struggling in the private sector not getting a paycheck right now should reconsider and switch to a very rewarding and very stable career as a public school teacher. :thumbsup:

PS: Notice I said "public school teacher." My wife, a product of a private school, has tried to persuade me to teach at a Private school for YEARS where pay is higher... by a little. I would NEVER work at a Private school here, even Punahou, which is where Obama went. 

No Union.

No Job Security.

So maybe you and your Freebird/Sweet Home Alabama lovin should just consider being a teacher rather than pi$$ing and moaning about how good you think teacher's have it--your lifetime earnings might not be as high as what you're going to make in the private sector, but you'll keep you're job if you aren't utterly incompetent

Since this is my dream job, anyway, I know I at least love work! :beer:

Your governor is going to dictate cuts to federal employees? Since when are Hawaiian teachers federal employees?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Your governor is going to dictate cuts to federal employees? Since when are Hawaiian teachers federal employees?

I caught that too. The Dems are all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and all smelly. 

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

The people you describe is everyone who posts in social media. 

We agree there for sure! But, you and I aren’t sitting there badgering the President of the United States trying to spark a grade school cat fight with the Governor of NY while the President is working to cure a nation wide health crisis. I’m going to hope NEITHER of us would be doing that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I caught that too. The Dems are all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and all smelly. 

My wife just retired from public school teaching. It’s great to have someone in the house with a guaranteed public pension. That benefit, and others, used to be one of the primary reasons why people took public sector jobs. Now, the public sector wants everyone to call the what they do “service” and label everything as “essential”. It’s been a slow but very purposeful evolution. The result is that public sector pay has gone up and their influence in the state houses has increased. It shouldn’t be us versus them, but I’ve grown exhausted from the public sector’s whining. I never was before.

• Thank you (+1) 1