The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, meazza said:

That’s not right.

You're right meazza. That wasn't right. But that family has done so much harm to this state that I literally can't stand them. They're elitists who think they are better than everyone. 

6 minutes ago, westside2 said:

***** him and his dirty ass family too!

Yeah, the right is sooo much better. 

Just now, westside2 said:

You're right meazza. That wasn't right. But that family has done so much harm to this state that I literally can't stand them. They're elitists who think they are better than everyone. 

Remind you of anyone? 

38 minutes ago, westside2 said:

What are you babbling about now?

Liberty University is staying open, calling it all a hoax. Elderly population in Lynchburg is in danger from that

26 minutes ago, Gary M said:

NO  It was Monica that blew it, please try to keep up!

You mean Ohio?

No, Daytona 

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20200330/coronavirus-daytona-bike-week-visitor-from-south-florida-dies-of-covid-19

Cuomo just explained how he knows why he needs 30,000 ventilators. "I know it because a ventilator costs $25,000 and we are broke. If we didn't need them we wouldn't be buying them". Joe Biden must have coughed on him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Cuomo just explained how he knows why he needs 30,000 ventilators. "I know it because a ventilator costs $25,000 and we are broke. If we didn't need them we wouldn't be buying them". Joe Biden must have coughed on him. 

images.jpg.943d0db02a58e0c90e3e0673731c77fa.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So when next year’s pandemic attacks the leg muscles are we going to complain that the government should have stockpiled wheelchairs? This obsession with ventilators has gotten to be ridiculous! They just don’t fall from the sky. We have to build them!

When they keep going with the fake Trump quotes.........it illustrates that they got nothing.

Fauci: 'We're starting to see glimmers' mitigation is having 'dampening effect'

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday that there are signs that mitigation strategies implemented in response to the coronavirus pandemic may be starting to have an impact on the number of COVID-19 cases. 

“We're starting to see glimmers that that is actually having some dampening effect,” Fauci said in an interview with CNN’s Jim Sciutto. “But that does not take away from the seriousness of what you've described on this show.” 

Fauci noted that the number of cases is still increasing, and virus hotspots like New York are “appropriately” trying to accommodate by opening up facilities to help manage the number of cases. 

In New York City, the Javits Center and a U.S. Navy hospital ship docked in the city's harbor are being set up to treat patients without the disease as hospitals reach capacity. 

“We are still in a very difficult situation. We hope, and I believe it will happen, that we may start seeing a turnaround, but we haven’t seen it yet,” Fauci said. “We’re just pushing on the mitigation to hope that we do see that turnaround.” 

Fauci said the next couple of weeks are a “critical time,” when asked how Americans should be preparing for the coming weeks. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/490371-fauci-were-starting-to-see-glimmers-mitigation-is-having-dampening-effect

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

As an aside, given his journalistic skills and quality of his work, a dark basement does seem the appropriate place for him to be doing his show....

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Liberty University is staying open, calling it all a hoax. Elderly population in Lynchburg is in danger from that

No, Daytona 

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20200330/coronavirus-daytona-bike-week-visitor-from-south-florida-dies-of-covid-19

If that is true, that's pretty stupid. I don't agree with that decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The variable that's forgotten here is the tone Cuomo and Trump project toward the media/the other side of the political spectrum. It's vastly different. When Cuomo is asked a tough question he sticks to the question. When Trump is asked a tough question he attacks the reporter.

And there it is.

It's not what President Trump does that's the "greatest threat to our democracy", it's that he's mean. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Social Distancing: Hold the Line. ‘This virus is unforgiving to unwise choices.’ 

“You should perceive your entire family to function as a single individual unit: If one person puts themselves at risk, everyone in the unit is at risk. Seemingly small social chains get large and complex with alarming speed. If your son visits his girlfriend, and you later sneak over for coffee with a neighbor, your neighbor is now connected to the infected office worker that your son’s girlfriend’s mother shook hands with. This sounds silly, it’s not. This is not a joke or hypothetical. We as epidemiologists see it borne out in the data time and time again. Conversely, any break in that chain breaks disease transmission along that chain.”

I’ll just add that I see people acting as if this is graded on a curve: “At least I’m doing better than X.” The disease doesn’t care if you’re doing better, and you don’t get extra credit for trying. You either avoid it or you don’t.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Florida growth rate so far is slower than you'd expect given its demographic profile.

right. outside of geologic location, logic would seem to dictate that the stats would be along the lines of Italy. of course the other variable here would be different strains.

30 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Do you include de Blasio and Cuomo in your blame of waiting too long? How about Pelosi and Schumer? How about every political figure in this country? How about every political leader in every country in Europe? 

Show us the data that proves what is happening here is any worse than what is happening anywhere else? Seriously, quit spouting the same tired cliche of "he waited too long" and show us the actual data to prove it.

Exactly.  It's fair to point out that the Feds downplayed the risk early on.  But there's also silence when you bring up the NYC government's attitude leading up to the Lunar Day parade or the Gov-Mayor squabble about St Patty's parade only one week before the event.

But I know, it's only political when you try to defend Trump.

• Like (+1) 4