The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’ll be different for sure, but remember that Easter, at its core, will always be the very embodiment of hope that we keep in our hearts, not on our tables. 

It'll be a great time to reflect on life and death for many, and to bash the POTUS yet again for many others who live lives of spiritual desolation.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Hillary would have made sure that infected people were sent out amongst her enemies including the deplorable people in flyover country.

Question....when you say stuff like this - do you actually believe it? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Question....when you say stuff like this - do you actually believe it? 

I do. She hates America.

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Hillary is a reptilian. 

I heard Gary Busey is as well. At least he looks the part. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Fake News! You are a terrible, terrible poster!

Thanks for having it under control and getting the cases down to zero so quickly. You are the greatest of all time (at everything.) 

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Right - have you heard of Benghazi? 

Yeah, that was awful wasn't it?

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

I don't disagree, I just wonder why do you think she does?

I believe she only cares about power. I can't think of one thing she's done in her career that helped anyone but herself. She thinks half the country are deplorables, the other half she just uses to get what she wants. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree that using "first to 100 deaths" is a more meaningful measurement, but there are such a massive number of variables involved that even that number doesn't mean much.  You would need to know where the deaths occurred, the ages of the victims, the existence of pre-existing medical conditions, etc.  And the US is such a huge place that I think it's impossible to make any valid generalizations about how far "behind" or ahead we are as a country.  I'm not saying you are doing this, but this sort of metric is being used to cause alarm and panic and to seed the ground for largely unnecessary "emergency measures".   

I'll make a future prediction, but it doesn't have much to do with the virus itself:  By Easter, the real costs of shutting down the world economy are going to start to become clearer and harder to ignore, and there is going to be a reckoning.  As one of the few politicians to even recognize this side of the equation, Trump will be one of the few who come out of this in better shape than when this started.      

Now that he’s admitting there could be anywhere from 100-200k deaths from this, do you still Think this?

I was saying 4 weeks ago they are not taking this seriously enough, putting the stock market/economy above health and safety, while trump was talking about only 15 cases and we’ll be down to 0. Most here were saying it’s being driven by media hype or Dems wanting to hurt his re-election chances. I wonder how many have admitted they were wrong about that, or is it still perceived as the truth? Is this just another flu that’s been overhyped? 

As for predictions, I made the opposite one Back then (which seems like months now), that his lack of urgency and response would be his undoing on this. We’ll see....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

I don't disagree, I just wonder why do you think she does?

Because America always saw her for what she is: a cold, calculating, manipulative, power hungry individual who pontificates from a throne of intellectual and moral superiority, while living nothing close to what she preaches.

And because America never gaver her what she feels she was entitled to: the Presidency

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Now that he’s admitting there could be anywhere from 100-200k deaths from this, do you still Think this?

I was saying 4 weeks ago they are not taking this seriously enough, putting the stock market/economy above health and safety, while trump was talking about only 15 cases and we’ll be down to 0. Most here were saying it’s being driven by media hype or Dems wanting to hurt his re-election chances. I wonder how many have admitted they were wrong about that, or is it still perceived as the truth? Is this just another flu that’s been overhyped? 

As for predictions, I made the opposite one Back then (which seems like months now), that his lack of urgency and response would be his undoing on this. We’ll see....

Trump is going to end up killing more people than Hillary and that’s saying something!!!! 

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

The minimization (take your trip, we barely have any cases, the death rate is lower than the flu, the Diamond Princess is the most reliable data point) is something that posters both here and people in the country are guilty of. No shame in it but maybe we can start paying a little more attention to our scientists moving forward.

As we come out of the quarantine, our fatality rates will spike or remain high unless there's a treatment that works. If they keep going at 500-1000+/day, 100K in deaths seems low. It may be worth it once we have dedicated treatment centers and equipment, which is tough medicine. 

Edited by shoshin

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Per capita, this country is faring as well or better than almost every country out there (with a significant number of cases) in the one area that matters most: the death rate. And before you go on about how the death rate will climb so much higher when our hospitals get overwhelmed. Italy and Spain were over 5% death rate (based on confirmed cases) before they ever reached 25,000 total cases. We are still under 2% with over 167,000. New York is still under 2% with over 67 thousand.

You are a broken record at this point. Most of us choose to blame who is actually responsible for this and that is a communist government in China that doesn't give a f*&# about its own people, much less the rest of the world. They lied to everybody and there wasn't a leader or a government out there that was any more prepared for what they were about to face than Trump (add in any politician in this country) and our government. 

Nobody was prepared for this because China was its usual deceitful self. 

You can keep blaming Trump. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

AND IT’S PROBABLY MORE DEADLY THAN THE VIRUS, LONG-TERM: 

Woke stupidity is spreading as fast as the coronavirus pandemic.

Number of health care workers with coronavirus soars at Boston hospitals..

“Hundreds of front-line Boston-area hospital workers have tested positive for coronavirus, with the number of reported cases skyrocketing in just a week. Last week, the total number of reported health care worker cases stood at 77. The reported number jumped to 342 this week.”

Geraldo: ‘We Have the Right Warrior for This Fight;’ Trump’s ‘Epic’ Effort ‘Is Getting the Job Done’

by Craig Bannister

Original Article

“If the motive is to hurt Donald Trump, then save it. Save it for when this horrible disease is behind us,” because we all have to pull together in support of President Donald Trump’s “epic” efforts to combat coronavirus, Geraldo Rivera said Monday during his “Roadkill” podcast.

There’s no point in nitpicking at Trump’s every misstep at a time like this – especially, since he’s doing “an epic job” keeping Americans safe from coronavirus, Rivera said: “I know that many Trump-haters are clearly frustrated right now because most of the American people – 60 percent in that Gallup poll – most of the America people, many of whom did not vote for Donald Trump, approve of what I think is an epic job, that he is doing to mitigate the coronavirus catastrophe.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When the coronavirus strikes a second time in the fall — as it probably will — we're going to have "more than just lessons learned," we will have "things... available to us that we did not have before."

At yesterday's Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, Anthony Fauci talked about what will happen in the fall:
t will be a totally different ballgame of what happened when we first got hit with it in the beginning of this year. There’ll be several things that’ll be different. Our ability to go out and be able to test, identify, isolate, and contact trace will be orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple of months ago. In addition, we have a number of clinical trials that are looking at a variety of therapeutic interventions. We hope one or more of them will be available. And importantly, as I mentioned to you many times at these briefings, is that we have a vaccine that’s on track and multiple other candidates.... What we’re going through now is going to be more than just lessons learned; it’s going to be things that we have available to us that we did not have before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1