• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• shoshin

• Buffalo_Gal

• B-Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, and I had the opportunity to visit Cassandra at Buffalo Children's today. As mentioned she is off the Ecmo machine and doing most of the work. It will take some time for her to heal. S

I have stayed away from this forum for a long time, and most know my politics...tonight was important for our country. Trump was up to it so far. Fantastic job.     

Posted Images

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How would a vaccine mandate be put into effect?  Congress?  Presidential Proclamation?  How would it be rolled out?   How would the authorities enforce it?

Begin by incentivizing them. It's already happening with some private businesses--just look at the NFL. But the Federal Government can also jump in to focus on areas that will really make a difference like tourism and travel. Then obviously incentivize the States, which can themselves mandate vaccines already thanks to Jacobssen vs Massachusetts in 1905.

Finally ... mandate it in the public schools ... also ruled legal by the Supreme Court in 1922 where in the Unanimous Decision the Justice actually wrote "Jacobson v. Massachusetts had settled that it is within the police power of a state to provide for compulsory vaccination."

We start there.

• Like (+1) 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Begin by incentivizing them. It's already happening with some private businesses--just look at the NFL. But the Federal Government can also jump in to focus on areas that will really make a difference like tourism and travel. Then obviously incentivize the States, which can themselves mandate vaccines already thanks to Jacobssen vs Massachusetts in 1905.

Finally ... mandate it in the public schools ... also ruled legal by the Supreme Court in 1922 where in the Unanimous Decision the Justice actually wrote "Jacobson v. Massachusetts had settled that it is within the police power of a state to provide for compulsory vaccination."

We start there.

Yeah but that's a state by state case

And the majority of states in this country allow public School usage without vaccinations with a religious or philosophical exemptions

New York is like one of 7 states .. without a religious or philosophical exemption for vaccines in school

Most of the states will have an exemption like in place already I would assume

Edited by Buffalo716
Posted (edited)

DEATH BEFORE SCIENCE.... PRAY TO THE MASK GODS...

lol the mask cult, it's like a bizarre sci film from the 50's.

Edited by Unforgiven
41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What do you think India and Brazil are doing wrong , beside low vaccine rate ?

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh cool 2 plus years of mitigation then something "close" to normal.

But I thought he said that about this fall? 

Keep mitigating folks!  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ALF said:

They don't care.  People are going to die.  Stay home and shelter in place if you want to live risk free and don't visit anyone.  

It's what we made people in assisted living facilities do.  But the Neighborhood Karen has to go to Kohls so wear your face diaper that doesn't work.   

The people don't f...ing care there is nothing collectively you can do that makes this worth it. 

And it's because of the lying.  Fake metrics that don't really exist, moving goal posts, and a vaccine you can get......but still can't do anything unless you around other vaccinated people and even then....mask up!  And distance!

Yup.

Why believe otherwise.

Oh.  And everyone vaccinated and it's still only "close to normal?"

Gtfo

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

As pointed out.....why would that be the case?

Because YOU'RE NOT FULLY VACCINATED.

And can carry it.  And still get it.  Just like Smallpox!   The only eradicated virus ever that took DECADES to happen. 

So we must keep each other safe.  Forever.  Because it isn't going anywhere.  

24 minutes ago, ALF said:

Good question.  You would have thought they'd be in this spot last year, when not as much was known about the virus and there was little in the way of treatment and no vaccines.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

My mom is 95.  I'm going to see her next month.  But thanks for your "hope" Dr Fauci.

Can someone explain to me why I need to worry about this?  I didn't at the peak why should I now? 

image.thumb.png.a244a325af8659c1138b6598eb87a8d5.png

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Someone help out a dummy here. Let’s say I refuse to get the vaccine how am I hurting those that have been vaccinate? 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Someone help out a dummy here. Let’s say I refuse to get the vaccine how am I hurting those that have been vaccinate? 

Answer You’re not. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The vaccine won't work on some people with very weak immune systems.  They have to rely on the people around them to be vaccinated until herd immunity is reached.  My brother falls into this category with Crohn's disease as the spike protein blood test just came back negative (he got his second Moderna shot on March 26th).  He's home bound until we either reach herd immunity or until they come out with a vaccine that will produce antibodies for people like him (like they did with the TIV vaccine for the flu).

• Thank you (+1) 1
Posted (edited)

No vaccine is 100% effective. There will always be a small percentage of outliers for whom it is not. However, that fact should not override personal freedom. Still not affecting vaccinated people, as I cannot be considered vaccinated if the vaccine doesn’t work for me, for example. 

Edited by Boatdrinks