The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

47 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/efficiency-over-privacy-how-trust-in-the-chinese-government-helped-contain-the-pandemic/ar-BB1gA7f8?li=BBnbfcL

Interesting article in a lot of ways.  My wife confirms it's a true picture of life in overcrowded cities.  Lots of loudspeakers to keep things organized.  Health QR codes definitely needed right now to use any public parks and services.  Fills in more of a picture of how they beat Covid.

That is scary ***** man.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

That is scary ***** man.  

Yep, but it just goes to illustrate how they beat it.  QR code/cell phone tracking was crucial, I think.  Easily enabled/enables contact tracing.  And people there still manage to have fun in life, my wife did.  But quality of life is still obviously lower.  Connections to police and government are crucial.

Definitely not my cup of tea for a society, my thing is what can the US do for a future occurrence to prevent or minimize societal shutdown and avoid this long-dragged out crap?  We are currently ill-prepared for a pandemic.

With global travel becoming easier and easier, novel viruses and bacteria become harder and harder to stop.  I'm 51 and hopefully last time I have to deal with a pandemic but I'm not betting on it.

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Yep, but it just goes to illustrate how they beat it.  QR code/cell phone tracking was crucial, I think.  Easily enabled/enables contact tracing.  And people there still manage to have fun in life, my wife did.  But quality of life is still obviously lower.  Connections to police and government are crucial.

Definitely not my cup of tea for a society, my thing is what can the US do for a future occurrence to prevent or minimize societal shutdown and avoid this long-dragged out crap?  We are currently ill-prepared for a pandemic.

With global travel becoming easier and easier, novel viruses and bacteria become harder and harder to stop.  I'm 51 and hopefully last time I have to deal with a pandemic but I'm not betting on it.

Sorry I'll take my chances.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:34 PM, reddogblitz said:

For the second dose do you get 2 beers?

Congress had the perfect way to incentivise this.  Get vaccinated, get your $1400 check.

But they had better ideas.

Yeah.  If I didn’t already get the vaccine I’d hold out for free Bills tickets if they’re giving out incentives.

Ooof...

They are quick af to restrict and shutdown.

Loosen restrictions?  Ummm......that might take awhile.  Let us check with the WHO and China first.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Masks are worthless 

Covid is over.  

End all mandates yesterday.

Well I think this is pretty much proof that masks don’t do anything.  The virus just needs to run its course.  I know I’ll take ***** because it’s not the same but this is pretty much what happened with the Spanish flu. And we have a vaccine this time. 

I don't see "China and the WHO lied" anywhere in this b.s:

COVID-19 pandemic was a ‘preventable disaster,’ made worse by a lack of global coordination and dithering, independent panel finds

“Preparation was inconsistent and underfunded,” the panel said in a report. “The alert system was too slow—and too meek. The World Health Organization was under-powered. The response has exacerbated inequalities. Global political leadership was absent.”

The panel called on world leaders to move fast to end the crisis and said wealthier countries should donate at least 1 billion vaccine doses to the 92 low- and middle-income countries of the Covax Gavi Advance Market Commitment, the WHO program set up to ensure vaccine equity, by Sept. 1, and commit to provide more than 2 billion doses by mid-2022.

“COVID-19 has been a terrible wake-up call. So now the world
needs to wake up, and commit to clear targets, additional resources,
new measures and strong leadership to prepare for the future.

We have been warned.”

https://on.mktw.net/3fbjzSv

"We have been warned!!!!!"

China rn.....

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 716er said:

What a thread - approaching QANON levels of insanity here

Translation:  "I don't like being confronted with other, pertinent points of view, I'll just use the standard (weak-ass) insult "

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yep, standard lib response. Ignore reality, just make up your own ! 

Remember, the Dems goal is to prolong Covid, destroy the economy, get lots of middle class folks dependent on government dollars, rewrite election law and ultimately control the “ little people”. If they dare to speak out, cancel them, put them in jail etc etc. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Translation:  "I don't like being confronted with other, pertinent points of view, I'll just use the standard (weak-ass) insult "

55d.png

We see it everyday here.... right Bonnie?

4 hours ago, 716er said:

What a thread - approaching QANON levels of insanity here

Seriously?  Insanity?

We were advised to hunker down and avoid others like the, uh, plague.  

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people gathered on nights and weekends and no warning bells went off, no emergency signals flashed, just.... nothing.  

15 months later, it is revealed that the sweet and lovable two ply mask appears largely ineffective against the dreaded Wuhan Flu, today’s equivalent of hiding under a desk in the event a nuke dropped on the school roof.  

And actually, the data that placing two loose fitting sheets of toilet paper over your mouth and nose was ineffective came quite some time ago.   

“Insanity” to question the purveyors of mask invincibility and lockdowns when the data suggests the lockdowns are efficient?   Hardly. 

• Like (+1) 1